timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Adding emergency contact / medical information to phone lock screen

Adding emergency contact / medical information to phone lock screen

Only found out about this today - well worth doing

http://uk.pcmag.com/productivity-pro...ones-lock-scre
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

That’s very useful to know. I was aware of the ICE suffix to add to a person in your contacts list, but I’d thought it a bit pointless if the phone was locked - as they usually are.

Thanks for the heads-up.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Thanks Andy, a good idea.

Prompted by yesterday by any chance? I'm still reeling from the miracle that nobody was in that tunnel. I've seen some shocking accidents over the years but that had me really shaken.

just had a look at the iPhone version and I have also added my own, open notes put what information you want take a screenshot (home button and side button pressed together) go to settings choose wallpaper, camera roll pick the picture you have just saved add as locked phone wallpaper and its there as soon as you press the home button when the phone is locked

Craftsman
    Worth doing something similar for your laptops; not so much the medical information, but given most people lock their screens it's worth having contact info in case you should lose your laptop.

Just set that up on my iPhone, thanks for sharing

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Great idea, just done mine!!

mike

Thanks for sharing, in my present condition I did wonder if it was worth just leaving my phone unlocked, but this solves the issue.
    Nigel

Craftsman
    If you have an iPhone, download an app called Over. It's free from the App Store. It allows you to add text to existing wallpapers/Pictures as follows:

You can add text to any photo you want. Looks a bit better than having a screenshot from the notepad app!

Hope this helps

Kapish