closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chris Eubank Jnr

Chris Eubank Jnr

Chris fights this Saturday night live on channel 5. Worth seeing if only to see what his dads wearing.................

http://www.channel5.com/show/live-championship-boxing

Craftsman
    Good shout, I love a bit of boxing on the odd occasion that it's on FTA. Fair play to C5 for sticking with it.

Master
    I have no rethpect for thith.

I shall be watching , thanks for the link .

Apparently, Chris Eubank has just written a book about Ethics.

If it's a success his next one will be about Kent

Brighty

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Apparently, Chris Eubank has just written a book about Ethics.

If it's a success his next one will be about Kent

Brighty
    Very good!! I shall be using that one. :-)

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up. Also lol at that joke! :-D

An original joke on the internet? Well, I never!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    An original joke on the internet? Well, I never!
    Really ?
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...written-a-book

Quote Originally Posted by saturn5 View Post
    Someone actually fact checking online?...no, me neither, apparently!

Master
    Definitely worth watching as CE Jnr is good enough to win a world title in the future plus he's unlikely to be dull.
    I've always liked the eccentricity of Snr and he could take a punch as well as anyone I've ever seen.

Banned
    Thankth

Plenty of hype going on out there. Here's some to get you in the mood. I just hope the killer turns up on Saturday and not the thinker............

https://youtu.be/lpliv2Br8fo

https://youtu.be/GnwXjc066Js

Well that was some fight. Eubank is now British champion and Blackwell is in hospital. I hope he is OK. The Saunders v Eubank rematch must happen after the wind up last night......

Craftsman
    Let's hope that Nick Blackwell can pull through this & come out with his full health.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35892327

He took some punishment but didn't stop fighting, easy to say in hindsight that the ref should have stopped it earlier, but we all know it's not quite as simple as that despite Eubank Sr's protests during the fight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Well that was some fight. Eubank is now British champion and Blackwell is in hospital. I hope he is OK. The Saunders v Eubank rematch must happen after the wind up last night......
    Not watched much boxing recently - went to few big fights when I was younger - I enjoyed the fight (surprisingly so did Mrs Lewie) my interest was rekindled when I met Shane McGuigan last year(he is dating my daughters housemates sister - I met him at a House BBQ)
    Hope Blackwell is ok

Fingers crossed Nick Blackwell gets better without any complications.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master
    I rarely watch boxing thesedays but I watched this fight and enjoyed it. Sadly it's ended in controversy owing to Blackwell's medical condition; it raises the age -old questions about boxing and frankly I feel a pang of guilt at having enjoyed the fight so much.

In hindsight it would've been better had the ref stopped the fight earlier, but at no point was Blackwell looking unable to continue.

It's a dilemma; what should've been a great advert for the sport has ended badly, I sincerely hope Blackwell makes a complete recovery.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I rarely watch boxing thesedays but I watched this fight and enjoyed it. Sadly it's ended in controversy owing to Blackwell's medical condition; it raises the age -old questions about boxing and frankly I feel a pang of guilt at having enjoyed the fight so much.

In hindsight it would've been better had the ref stopped the fight earlier, but at no point was Blackwell looking unable to continue.

It's a dilemma; what should've been a great advert for the sport has ended badly, I sincerely hope Blackwell makes a complete recovery.

Paul
    Well put Paul

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Well put Paul
    What they said
    It was great fight
    I did scream fog it to be stopped in the 6th but he was coming back like a tiger

Hope he is ok

Can't see Eubank being world champ

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Yep, at no point did Blackwell's legs give way, and Eubank Sr was telling Eubank Jr to work the body because Blackwell was so tough in taking the shots to the head. When I watch Eubank Jr fight I keep expecting him to get KO'd with a big shot after he disengages with his hands down after he's thrown a combination, or get tagged when he gets too cocky like he did last night.

Master
    Certainly wish him a full and speedy recovery. I was genuinely surprised that he could take as many head shots and still look so relatively strong, he's one though dude.
    Eubank was a class apart though and will beat Saunders in a rematch if he puts the pressure on from the start although neither look able to unify the division.

As an aside Kell Brook deserves a big fight as whilst the opponents haven't been top class of late he looks absolutely top class.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just watched it.
    Very impressed with the heart Blackwell showed. Very tough fighter and God willing he'll be back to full health soon.
    Eubank wise, a good show in many regards, fantastic punching speed and accuracy but a lazy defence too much showboating tainted it for me.
    He looks a big lad and I imagine he'll creep up a couple of weights over the next year or so. Against bigger punchers, I think that lazy guard will see him get unstuck.

Journeyman
    Eubank doesn't have a heavy enough punch. Snappy, no power.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsal View Post
    Eubank doesn't have a heavy enough punch. Snappy, no power.
    Id venture to say that Blackwell might disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Just watched it.
    Very impressed with the heart Blackwell showed. Very tough fighter and God willing he'll be back to full health soon.
    Eubank wise, a good show in many regards, fantastic punching speed and accuracy but a lazy defence too much showboating tainted it for me.
    He looks a big lad and I imagine he'll creep up a couple of weights over the next year or so. Against bigger punchers, I think that lazy guard will see him get unstuck.
    Agreed. He needs to polish up. Hes not the boxer his Father was and l'd be surprised if he had half the chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Id venture to say that Blackwell might disagree...
    ^^This ^^ I have lived in Wiltshire for over 20 years and know a lot of people close to him.Very sad news.

Master
    The person who should have done more in that fight was the boys corner. Doesn't matter how he was coming back he should have had the towel thrown in at least one round before. I boxed for years and that swelling is not normal in any way as a fight injury. I can understand the anger towards the ref but to me he was not the main offender, Blackwells trainer was. With that injury he was open to Eubanks strongest punches of right hook and right cross without even seeing them.
    Always remember reading an autobiography of an American fighter (cannot remember who sorry as read a lot of them ) whose trainer pulled him out of a world title fight halfway through due to a seriously large 'mouse' that had closedhis eye. When he complained to the trainer he was told better to take the loss and get a rematch with 2 eyes, rather than fight on and maybe end up with blindness in one eye or brain damage from being unable to see the shots coming.
    Hope he recovers both for himself and Eubanks sake.
    Last edited by alas58; 30th March 2016 at 07:23.

Grand Master
    It is a very unfortunate and tragic event but I have to say the both Eubanks Jnr and Snr have represented themselves very well and I have more time and respect for them both than ever before. Lets hope the recovery is good
    RIAC

Master
    A comment just on the radio from Eubank Snr said had it been the other way round he would have thrown the towel in

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    The person who should have done more in that fight was the boys corner. Doesn't matter how he was coming back he should have had the towel thrown in at least one round before. I boxed for years and that swelling is not normal in any way as a fight injury. I can understand the anger towards the ref but to me he was not the main offender, Blackwells trainer was. With that injury he was open to Eubanks strongest punches of right hook and right cross without even seeing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    A comment just on the radio from Eubank Snr said had it been the other way round he would have thrown the towel in
    I believe he would have too as he has seen the tragic outcome of boxing. What people sometimes don't realise is the damage an unexpected punch can do as the fighter has no chance to slip it, guard or tense up. When it is from an orthodox stance a right cross can usually be seen as it travels across the body so takes more time. But that also gives it the chance to build up more speed and power which if you are not ready for, or you've not seen it, can be devastating.