closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Very slightly off mm300 bezel.

Very slightly off mm300 bezel.

Would you get it removed and repositioned?

Am i too OCD sometimes

I have a watch with a similar problem but I have learnt to live with it,

After a long hard look at myself in the mirror I realised its half a click out and people in the world are dealing with real problems

Adds to the character too, the world would be boring if everything was lined up/symmetrical

I think you're right. Hadn't noticed it in the first two months of ownership. Just looking at now that I'm on hols. First world problem i believe is the term. :)

That said seiko stick your bezel on straight! :)

Master
    I think Bremont have had some issues with alignment which they've happily rectified. Personally it's not about whether there are bigger world problems as the answer's always going to be yes. It's about whether I've paid for a reasonably aligned bezel and I usually think I have. Half a click out would bug me so it would be going back.

Beforehand though check it with some dental floss as ime it can be a bit of an optical illusion if your eyesight isn't perfect (mine isn't).

A bit of thread is a good call. With the crystal depth of dial etc. Is cam be bars to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by markblack View Post
    A bit of thread is a good call. With the crystal depth of dial etc. Is cam be bars to tell.
    Your para lacks is on the piste.

If you are not getting attention to detail on a £1500 luxury item then what are you getting for your money? It should be perfect.

This is what happens on a wet Sunday afternoon. I've spent too long looking at a bezel. :)

And my conclusion is... On the 'click' the bezel lands bang on. But you can turn it back every so slightly and put it just off centre.

Glad my afternoon was constructive. :)

Master
    That seems better but on a £1k+ watch I'd expect each click to be well seated. Tricky to judge over the net but all of my divers have no noticeable play so I'm still in the sending it back camp. My second hand DA47 had zero play at a similar price point by way of comparison. My cheaper divers are the same though.

Banned
    It looks straight to me.

For me too. Maybe in a straight taken photo, ...

That's the thing. It's very slight. It's just the slight play in the bezel. I can make it sit bang on with a very slight adjustment after it clicks.

I do know it's these things that give people ammo in the mm300 vs. Rolex debate (that said the rolex is a much more expensive watch, so I've never really understood the comparison)

Is there such a comparison made?

As you say, the price difference makes it seen pointless, but I can't ever recall reading such a comparison...

Bezel looks straight to me :)

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Is there such a comparison made?

As you say, the price difference makes it seen pointless, but I can't ever recall reading such a comparison...

Bezel looks straight to me :)

M
    One of many comparisons...forums.watchuseek.com/f74/rolex-sub-c-vs-seiko-mm300%3B-new-favorite-vs-old-favorite-555119.html#/forumsite/20758/topics/555119?page=1

If i can chime in, having owned a couple of 14060 submariners, i can comfortably say that even on those watches the pip was out by a hair and what had been seen could not be unseen, no amount of back play would correct the misalignment. The MM300 I owned at one point along with those was more aligned. Sold them all for various reasons in the end. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    One of many comparisons...forums.watchuseek.com/f74/rolex-sub-c-vs-seiko-mm300%3B-new-favorite-vs-old-favorite-555119.html#/forumsite/20758/topics/555119?page=1

If i can chime in, having owned a couple of 14060 submariners, i can comfortably say that even on those watches the pip was out by a hair and what had been seen could not be unseen, no amount of back play would correct the misalignment. The MM300 I owned at one point along with those was more aligned. Sold them all for various reasons in the end. YMMV
    There's quite a few posts like that. Interesting to know your rolex had a similar issue. (the funny thing is every diver I have i always have the bezel off 12 anyhow :))

Banned
    "They are all like that".

So, forget about it. Nice watch by the way.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markblack View Post
    There's quite a few posts like that. Interesting to know your rolex had a similar issue. (the funny thing is every diver I have i always have the bezel off 12 anyhow :))
    Now that the OCD has kicked in, i couldnt help but go through my bezeled watches. My £90 citizen diver is dead centre albeit the bezel action isnt the best, my marathon SAR is dead centre but the lume pip fell out so its pointless :) and my marathon navigator is dead cente.

I feel better for checking them but bad for all the issues outlines above. Damn this watch habit.

Grand Master
    Forget it, it's close enough to only be noticeable if you're really looking for it. Once you start messing about with the bezel insert you could end up with more problems and you might wish you'd never touched it.

The only reason I 'm obsessive about getting stuff like this right is when I'm doing them for other folks , if it's my own watch I'm nowhere near as fussy.

Honestly, I would leave it as it is!

Paul

Marginally off at the worst.
    Shouldn't be an issue.
    Anyone who thinks, I spent xx amount of $ and how come it is not perfect, I would say this hobby is not for you.

Ah the joys of a wet Sunday and too much time on my hands. Rest assured I lost no sleep over it :)

Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    Now that the OCD has kicked in, i couldnt help but go through my bezeled watches. My £90 citizen diver is dead centre albeit the bezel action isnt the best, my marathon SAR is dead centre but the lume pip fell out so its pointless :) and my marathon navigator is dead cente.

I feel better for checking them but bad for all the issues outlines above. Damn this watch habit.
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    "They are all like that".

So, forget about it. Nice watch by the way.
    Cheers.

Depending on how much the bezel is misaligned, it can be a simple fix without having to physically adjust the actual bezel.

Removing the bezel is very easy. The bezel's ratcheting spring ring can be repositioned by adjusting the feet so that it then positions itself in a slightly more anti-clockwise position, as in this case. This in turn will set the bezel so that it is realigned at the "12" position. The spring ring can be adjusted either way. It's a two or three minute job and it is just a matter of popping the bezel on with a press, making sure the bezel gasket is seated perfectly first.

If the bezel action feels a bit light, the two ratcheting pins can be adjusted to fine tune the bezel action.
    Last edited by j111dja; 28th March 2016 at 19:35.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Depending on how much the bezel is misaligned, it can be a simple fix without having to physically adjust the actual bezel.

Removing the bezel is very easy. The bezel's ratcheting spring ring can be repositioned by adjusting the feet so that it then positions itself in a slightly more anti-clockwise position, as in this case. This in turn will set the bezel so that it is realigned at the "12" position. The spring ring can be adjusted either way. It's a two or three minute job and it is just a matter of popping the bezel on with a press, making sure the bezel gasket is seated perfectly first.

If the bezel action feels a bit light, the two ratcheting pins can be adjusted to fine tune the bezel action.
    Interesting. Thanks for that.