closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Legend Diver - rubber or sailcloth?

Master

Longines Legend Diver - rubber or sailcloth?

Appreciate owners views here. The LLD is available with rubber and deployant, or an artificial (I believe sailcloth) strap with buckle.

What are people's experiences with either?
    I read that the sailcloth is a bit thin...?
    The rubber with deployant is a good bit more expensive too. Is it worth the premium?

Master
    Having bought my LLD a few weeks back, I have to say the sail cloth is not great in my opinion and really takes away from the whole LLD experience. I am not sure about the rubber on the deployant as I haven't seen one in the flesh, however there are so many after market straps which really look great, so many save the money and try a few different ones!

Ive not got one...........(yet!).

Personally I hate rubber............The L.L.D. does look lovely on a number of straps.......saw a pic of one on a Staib? mesh.......it looked gorgeous!

Sailcloth of LD is very, very comfortable. I would only change it by leather.

The OEM sailcloth looks ok but in my experience it falls apart fairly quickly. I wore mine on a vintage looking brown lizard-skin strap, and in my opinion the LLD looks best on (battered looking) leather.

Master
    Thanks chaps.

I saw one on the incoming thread with a nice brown hirsch strap which looked ace. Biggest benefit wth the rubber is that it comes with a deployant. May consider second hand, but if new will stick to the sailcloth

Master
    Just looked in more detail and the deployant clasp appears to be one that attaches specifically to the rubber strap rather than one that can be used also with any other strap. It is losing its appeal a little as the watch does lend itself to a variety of straps.

Had the same on my Oris Williams F1

LLD

I tried mine on many combinations including the staib, which looked great but was very uncomfortable.
    I've settled on a dark grey NATO, one of Eddies new versions, looks great and is extremely comfortable.

Andy

I use to wear it on the sailcloth all the time… but it was a little thin and not right for me.

changed to NATO - like I do on most of my watches - and prefer it on that by far!!

Here's mine on the previously mentioned staib.

and on a DiModell

Andy

What about an aftermarket tropic type rubber? I have mine in such and it is really nice.