closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-50 non-LE datewheel question

PRS-50 non-LE datewheel question

How hard would it be to source and put a black datewheel on the ETA-powered non-LE PRS-50?

Bill Yao sell white-on-black date wheels for the ETA2824. So do Cousins.

Bill also offers a red on black, now that would be hot.

The non-le 50 I received today has a white on black datewheel. Looks really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lenny
    The non-le 50 I received today has a white on black datewheel. Looks really nice.
    Pic's please :roll:

Eddie, would that be standard on the non-LE?

Quote Originally Posted by Molle

No it isn't standard but I did notice that another one of the non-LE I shipped yesterday had a black date wheel, so that makes at least two.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    ... one of the non-LE I shipped yesterday had a black date wheel, so that makes at least two.

Eddie
    Is that some kind of a hidden LE in the non-LE-line, Eddie? :D

The PRS50 is starting to throw up my watch-saving-plans for this year :twisted:

Number 11 of the non-LE has a black date wheel, I don't know the other one. Look at it as being like Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket. :wink:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Look at it as being like Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket. :wink:

Eddie
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Molle

I have number 3. Will post pics after work tonight. So far it gained about 4 seconds in 12 hours. Already better than my two other 2824's.

And it goes without saying that I'll be wearing this today :)

Master
    I received no 11 today, very pleased it looks really smart with the black date wheel :)

Many thanks Eddie, it's another beauty :)

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH
    I received no 11 today, very pleased it looks really smart with the black date wheel :)

Many thanks Eddie, it's another beauty :)
    I can uncross my fingers now. :cry:

Have you got any more Eddie?

I was planning to get this mod done and I suspect that returning mine and re-ordering a black replacement would be cheaper than: going to Bill Yao, getting a watchmaker to fit it and invalidating my warranty.

No more and to be honest, I didn't notice the black date wheel on number 3. and don't think anything about the one on number 11. Future collectibles? :lol:

Eddie

+1

i have #4 and it's got a black date wheel too! until i read this thread, it didn't even register that this is not the norm. :D

Please stop its too painful :lol:

Apprentice
    Another one with white on black here. =D

PES-50 Non-LE disappointment

I'm a Sheffield United supporter so I?m used to disappointment. My dad used to say "they're losers son" "always have been always will be", "the sooner you accept that the better" He said it with a practiced grin that suggested he'd go so used to it he actually enjoyed it.

I've never go that far but I have invented coping strategies and as we trudged away from the relegation decider last season I was delighted to hear my son say "it could be worse dad" "they could have scored in the last minute". Clearly loosing well is in our genes.

When my bike was stolen last year, I decided to cancel my reservation and spend my PRS-50 LE money on a replacement. At least the non LE would be more accurate and the date wheel could be changed to match the dial. I priced up the black wheel, lined up a watchmaker and waited.

As deliveries started it became clear that some had been cased up with a black date wheel already installed. Eddie hadn't noticed how many and his initial estimate was too low. Imagine that, bad luck robbed me of the LE and a bit of good luck could give me an even more limited LE, save me the £50 it would cost to change the wheel, save my warranty and give me a nice profit if I didn't like it.

Of course once I?d persuaded my wife to pick up the parcel and open it number 13 turned out to be white. Yes white, the same colour as the special one, but part of a series that will probably extend to hundreds of identical watches. In that moment I'd probably lost £100. My watch is not one not one of the two LEs so 30% depreciation is par for the course.

I'm giving you all this background to show that I?m well used to disappointment and may be overcompensating. I'll be drunk in 3 hours time and my world view will have changed then too.

But, once I?d picked the thing up I didn't care. It is truly magnificent! As complete a triumph as I can imagine. It looks completely 70's and therefore completely right with the white wheel. The real beauty is that because it is just a normal watch I can wear it, bash it up, enjoy it for what it is and come back for more. That?s what I call a result.

Honestly the LEs disguise what a great practical watch this is. It?s not a museum piece, it is just plain fun.

Its first outing is to Bramall Lane tomorrow to see the Blades lock horns with the richest club in the world. Two weeks ago they were just Queens Park Rangers. Just our luck :wink: .

Master
    Number 11 of the non-LE has a black date wheel, I don't know the other one. Look at it as being like Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket. :wink:

Eddie
    Does that mean anyone with a black date wheel can drop buy for a free guided tour? Have you any Oompa Loompas to see?

Master

Re: PES-50 Non-LE disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade
    I'm a Sheffield United supporter...
    It's a great watch, been wearing mine with pride today. Glad you like yours even if it isn't one of the LE non-LE's :lol:

I saw the Blades at the Madejski las season - was certainly an incident packed game, think Keith Gillespie had definitely got out of bed on the wrong side :D

:)

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH
    I'm a Sheffield United supporter...
    It's a great watch, been wearing mine with pride today. Glad you like yours even if it isn't one of the LE non-LE's :lol:

I saw the Blades at the Madejski las season - was certainly an incident packed game, think Keith Gillespie had definitely got out of bed on the wrong side :D

:)
    Sent off before he came on. We all take a peverse pride in that particular record.

Master

Sent off before he came on. We all take a peverse pride in that particular record.
    :D Certainly never seen that before. Wally Downes had a pop at Warnock too IIRC. It's when the pundits say "we don't want to see that in the game" but as fans we loved it :lol:

Here is a pic of mine:

another black date wheel

I have #6....with a Black Date Wheel (white letters on black background).

It looks sharp.