Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
Edit- regarding temp- I've got it next to the fridge in the kitchen where temperate can vary but better than the garage I'm guessing?

Edit again!! So a bit of extra sugar in each bottle and further fermentation creates the bubbles?
Room temp is fine. Within reason the warmer it is, the more activity but extremes of temp (or swings) aren't good for fermentation.

You can add priming sugar to each bottle, or to the fermentation (or bottling) vessel. Your kit should have a recommended amount. I would wait until it's stopped bubbling for a day or so then prime directly into the FV. Cleanliness (and sterilisation) are important for the bottles. For priming into the FV directly for 5 gallons of fizzy cider I would dissolve about 100g of sugar in a pint of boiling water, let it cool then gently pour it into the bucket. You then need to use a siphon to get the cider into bottles without disturbing the sediment - make sure the bottom of the siphon is held an inch or so off the sediment. Don't shake it about too much or try to get every drop off as the sediment is rank (dead yeast and stuff).

Your kit kit should explain some of this, but you can't go too far wrong doing the above. There's probably a starter guide somewhere on the web.