closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frank Muller

Frank Muller

Hi everyone, as might know Franck Muller no longer operates in UK.
    Does any one knows where and how service FM watches.
    Would be most grateful to any help/suggestions.

With a hammer ?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    With a hammer ?
    That made me chuckle!!

The Franck Muller website (which may or may not be up to date) lists three UK outlets, all contactable by email or phone. Start there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Marcus on Bond Street are (at least they used to be) the UK distributor. Try giving them a call. If it's a basic model like the Casablanca most watchmakers can service it since it has a standard ETA movement.

Hi and thanks to everyone, I've phone, and I've spoken to the people which were suggested by FM and w/s. But not sure that want to send my watch to some place in the middle of nowhere. I wanted to send direct to the FM in Geneva, but they were having none of it.
    So need a solution. Has any one serviced their FM presently?
    Thanks

Master
    Don't think you're going to find many Franck Muller owners around these parts, but as has been posted above any decent watchmaker can service them if it's an ETA movement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RastaWatch View Post
    not sure that want to send my watch to some place in the middle of nowhere. I wanted to send direct to the FM in Geneva, but they were having none of it.
    Where is the middle of nowhere in this case?
    Last edited by markrlondon; 24th December 2015 at 23:50.

Banned
    Hi and thanks to everyone, I've phone, and I've spoken to the people which were suggested by FM and w/s. But not sure that want to send my watch to some place in the middle of nowhere. I wanted to send direct to the FM in Geneva, but they were having none of it.
    So need a solution. Has any one serviced their FM presently?
    Thanks
    Seriously? Are you saying FM in Geneva don't want to service a watch they made?

I suggest you send them a message https://www.franckmuller.com/en/contact and ask for some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Seriously? Are you saying FM in Geneva don't want to service a watch they made?

I suggest you send them a message https://www.franckmuller.com/en/contact and ask for some clarification.
    Hi yes seriously. They were not kink to talk at all and refused to have the watch posted directly to them.
    I'm thinking to write a letter, may be this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Where is the middle of nowhere in this case?
    I cant remember from the top of my head, somewhere in home county, but it was not a FM workshop.

Blog Entries
    I cant remember from the top of my head, somewhere in home county, but it was not a FM workshop.
    Ah, I see. However, if it is FM's recommended service provider then surely there would be no reason to think it wouldn't be fine.

Master
    Let me get this straight. You have a FM, you've found a certified service centre that can officially service your watch, but you don't want to send it to them? Why would you feel safer sending it to FM directly, to me it makes no sense.

Just find an independent watchmaker, see what they say. It's a lot cheaper too.

Checked FM, they have a boutique in Bournemouth. Maybe good to speak to them personally.
    Last edited by SuperC; 26th December 2015 at 08:43.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperC View Post
    Let me get this straight. You have a FM, you've found a certified service centre that can officially service your watch, but you don't want to send it to them?
    Because it's 'in the middle of nowhere' apparently.

Try calling the BMW factory and see if they will service your car. Or whether they tell you to take it to their authorised service centre.

I only let urban unicorns service my Casio.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Why not ask our own Duncan (cannop) www.thewatchbloke.co.uk?

Let me get this straight. You have a FM, you've found a certified service centre that can officially service your watch, but you don't want to send it to them? Why would you feel safer sending it to FM directly, to me it makes no sense.

Just find an independent watchmaker, see what they say. It's a lot cheaper too.

Checked FM, they have a boutique in Bournemouth. Maybe good to speak to them personally.
    As the saying goes: you get what you've paid for.
    I know about their boutiques, and this people just salesmans not a watch makers, they just sell.
    But thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Because it's 'in the middle of nowhere' apparently.

Try calling the BMW factory and see if they will service your car. Or whether they tell you to take it to their authorised service centre.
    Precisely! you would not send your top of the range BMW to some geezer down the road called "quick fix" so this is the reason why I dont want send my FM to some guy, which was recommended by FM.
    The service people in question are not FM watchmakers but someone FM recommends.

I suggest you give Frank a call.

the service in question: BOND STREET WATCH SERVICING.
    Has anyone had any experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    I suggest you give Frank a call.
    Well this is the plan B. I have spoken to them, and I would not say they have the best customer service, taken in to account the fact that they sell £1000s watches.

talktofrank.com

i really wouldnt send it to them. you just get it back six weeks later with with a card that says ' thanks for your custom, your watch has now been mullered '
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Blog Entries
    I dont want send my FM to some guy, which was recommended by FM.
    The service people in question are not FM watchmakers but someone FM recommends.
    But doesn't that make them a service centre? I.e. The people that Franck Muller have (one presumes!) chosen as being competent to repair their watches.

I can understand that sending your watch away to a company you've never heard of before is daunting. It's not like a car company main dealer that has a nice big sign outside. And it's unusual in today's world for a company not to have a website (at least not one I can find). But, all the same, if they are recommended to provide service for a company's products then what else is there?
    Last edited by markrlondon; 28th December 2015 at 18:58.

the service in question: BOND STREET WATCH SERVICING.
    Has anyone had any experience with them?
    Is Bond Street in the middle of nowhere?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TiFanatic View Post
    Bond Street Watch Servicing Limited is nowhere near Bond Street; it's in Bedfordshire. Amazingly in today's world it also seems to have no website that I can find. Not that either of those points is necessarily a problem if they are recommended by Franck Muller as a service centre.

P.S. Hmm... I see that Bond Street Watch Servicing Limited was only incorporated on 23rd September 2015 and has a registered address (19-21 Manor Road, Caddington, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU1 4EE) that seems to be a residential address (nice looking area).

Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09790712
    Google Maps: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.86...2!8i6656?hl=en

Not necessarily dodgy but, yes, I'd be more concerned about sending my watch to them.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 28th December 2015 at 21:19.

Bond Street Watch Servicing Limited is nowhere near Bond Street; it's in Bedfordshire. Amazingly in today's world is also seems to have no website that I can find. Not that either of those points is necessarily a problem if they are recommended by Franck Muller as a service centre.

P.S. Hmm... I see that Bond Street Watch Servicing Limited was only incorporated on 23rd September 2015 and has a registered address (19-21 Manor Road, Caddington, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU1 4EE) that seems to be a residential address (nice looking area).

Not necessarily dodgy but, yes, I'd be more concerned about sending my watch to them.
    Apologies - I jumped to their intended conclusion.

That is a bit... odd. What is the missing link between opening a few weeks ago and being recommended as a service centre? Some connection to a larger existing business we have missed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    That is a bit... odd. What is the missing link between opening a few weeks ago and being recommended as a service centre? Some connection to a larger existing business we have missed?
    Could have been a sole trader previously, perhaps.

I'd certainly want to ask Franck Muller how long this company has been one of their recommended service centres and also speak to the company on the phone and get a feel for them.

The company officers are on record at Companies House: Richard Philip Jackson and Laura Michelle Jackson. Their personal correspondence address is different to the company's registered address (but still in Bedfordshire). According to the company's certificate of incorporation, the two directors (Richard and Laura Jackson) each own one of the only two shares in the company. I.e. The company is definitely not a subsidiary of a larger company.

Ah, I see from the certificate of incorporation that the company's registered address is the address of its accountants, Astons Accountants. There's nothing suspicious about that in itself, although the situation taken as a whole and recent incorporation are still odd.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 28th December 2015 at 21:30.

Master
    Precisely! you would not send your top of the range BMW to some geezer down the road called "quick fix" so this is the reason why I dont want send my FM to some guy, which was recommended by FM.
    Except, the service centre FM suggests is not some geezer down the road called "quick fix"....it's an official service centre for FM. That's where FM trained watchmakers are qualified to service your watch! How hard is that to understand?

You ask for advice, you've been given plenty and chose to ignore it and make fun of...I'm off to the Bearpit.

Except, the service centre FM suggests is not some geezer down the road called "quick fix"....it's an official service centre for FM. That's where FM trained watchmakers are qualified to service your watch! How hard is that to understand?

You ask for advice, you've been given plenty and chose to ignore it and make fun of...I'm off to the Bearpit.
    Do many service centres run out of what appear to someone's back bedroom in a semi-detected old council house?

Blog Entries
    Do many service centres run out of what appear to someone's back bedroom in a semi-detected old council house?
    To be fair, the company registered address for which I gave a Google Maps link earlier is the company's accountant's house.

The two directors and sole shareholders list their address as Sunnyside, Pipers Lane, Aley Green, Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU1 4DS, which is somewhere around here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.85...2!8i6656?hl=en (not sure where exactly).

(In case anyone is worried about my listing these addresses, they are a matter of public record so I am in no way intruding on anyone's privacy).

Master
    The Dutch service centre for Patek is run from someone's home. Been there before, would gladly go again.

What does it matter where it is, if it's an official service centre they get the job done. Why the suspicion?

Blog Entries
    Why the suspicion?
    From my perspective it's a matter of caution. The very recent incorporation, the lack of website, and apparent home address are all reasons for caution. Ultimately if Franck Muller are happy with the company then that's fine in my opinion but it nevertheless pays to be cautious and do due diligence. Companies (Franck Muller in this case) can be duped or make mistakes, so it always pays to check things out.

I am not saying that there is any dodginess, duping or scam going here; I am only saying that, in the OP's position, I would like to find out a bit more from both Franck Muller and the company themselves.

Master
    I understand the need for some caution. The fact is that some smaller brands, that don't sell in the thousands of watches, use small independent (-like) watchmakers. It doesn't pay for a brand to set up a huge service centre in every country. The Patek service centre doesn't have a website either, only a phone number listed. I was cautious of that too, so I gave the guy a ring, all sounded good and the result was as well.

It just seems that Rastaboy doesn't want to hear the advice he was given.

Quote Originally Posted by TiFanatic View Post
    the street is not but the service with this name is .

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    i really wouldnt send it to them. you just get it back six weeks later with with a card that says ' thanks for your custom, your watch has now been mullered '
    This is exactly what I'm talking about, appreciate your input.

Bond Street Watch Servicing Limited is nowhere near Bond Street; it's in Bedfordshire. Amazingly in today's world it also seems to have no website that I can find. Not that either of those points is necessarily a problem if they are recommended by Franck Muller as a service centre.

Thank you very much for your replay, this is exactly what I was thinking about, not to mention the fact that its not 100 watch in question.

This is exactly what I felt about them: service out of someone's back room.

I understand the need for some caution. The fact is that some smaller brands, that don't sell in the thousands of watches, use small independent (-like) watchmakers. It doesn't pay for a brand to set up a huge service centre in every country. The Patek service centre doesn't have a website either, only a phone number listed. I was cautious of that too, so I gave the guy a ring, all sounded good and the result was as well.

It just seems that Rastaboy doesn't want to hear the advice he was given.

I just wanted to hear from others about their recent experience with FM.

To those who might be interested or having the same issue, well I end up going to Paris to one of the FM official retailers and they sent my watch to the FM factory for service and repair.

Banned
    To those who might be interested or having the same issue, well I end up going to Paris to one of the FM official retailers and they sent my watch to the FM factory for service and repair.
    I still don't understand this. You wanted your watch to be serviced at the FM factory in Switzerland, but FM refused to allow this? If so, why?

I can see why they might prefer that the work should be done by their agent in England, but surely, if the customer would rather have the work done in Switzerland, then it should be done in Switzerland. Don't they care about their customers? It is not as if a watch is bulky or expensive to transport...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    let me get this right, you traveled from London to Paris to drop off a watch, so that it could be sent on to Switzerland for a service?

what next, order a TV from Germany and then head over there for collection by Car?

as for Frank Muller watches, maybe not......

Last edited by soundood; 14th April 2016 at 19:57.

Craftsman
    Came to this late, but a few (3?) years ago I needed a couple of links for an FM bracelet. Dealt with by a high end watch shop in Oxford St who major in Hublot I think. Service couldn't have been better or more pleasant and the price was very good too. Can't remember the name of the place but my mate will (who dealt with the matter) and I'll post it later for your future reference.

Mind you, not a bad reason to justify a visit to Paris!

Blog Entries
    Blimey, that's a long way to go. But if you really couldn't feel confident about the UK repairer then so be it. At least you got what you wanted.

Hope the repair goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    I still don't understand this. You wanted your watch to be serviced at the FM factory in Switzerland, but FM refused to allow this? If so, why?

I can see why they might prefer that the work should be done by their agent in England, but surely, if the customer would rather have the work done in Switzerland, then it should be done in Switzerland. Don't they care about their customers? It is not as if a watch is bulky or expensive to transport...
    I wanted my watch be serviced by FM regardless the location ( would be happy to do it in the UK)but (see bellow) they packed in there business in the UK and suggested some geezzer on outscurts of Birmingham, he was asking over £350 just to service the bracelet. I was not coserned that he will do a runner with my watch but he was not qualified FM watch maker.
    If looks like they dont care about UK customers at all. And they would not except it via post.
    Last edited by RastaWatch; 15th April 2016 at 21:00.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    let me get this right, you traveled from London to Paris to drop off a watch, so that it could be sent on to Switzerland for a service?

what next, order a TV from Germany and then head over there for collection by Car?

as for Frank Muller watches, maybe not......

Well I know this is little bit odd, but the watch is £20000 so didn't want to send some random geezzer.
    The travel was OK only £40 each way so only spend.
    Last edited by RastaWatch; 15th April 2016 at 21:01.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    Came to this late, but a few (3?) years ago I needed a couple of links for an FM bracelet. Dealt with by a high end watch shop in Oxford St who major in Hublot I think. Service couldn't have been better or more pleasant and the price was very good too. Can't remember the name of the place but my mate will (who dealt with the matter) and I'll post it later for your future reference.

Mind you, not a bad reason to justify a visit to Paris!
    That was years ago, since then FM has packed in their business in the UK. With regards to the price FM repaired the bracelet, fully serviced the watch and did NOT charged me a penny. So just paid for the tickets to get to Paris. In UK was quoted £350 just to service the bracelet.

Blimey, that's a long way to go. But if you really couldn't feel confident about the UK repairer then so be it. At least you got what you wanted.

Hope the repair goes well.
    I dont have problem with the UK service, its just when I asked FM where I can service my watch in the UK, I was given details of some random gizzer in Birmingham, who looks like operates in his garden shed.

deleted.
    Last edited by RastaWatch; 15th April 2016 at 22:22.