closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nissan NP 300 Navara

Master
    Blog Entries

Nissan NP 300 Navara

Just pulled the pin on one. Had one for the weekend, last month, more standard extras than the average car and tax / VAT efficient for businesses.

Drives like a big car with new chassis set up and coil springs.

https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/ne...G2Xto4L_dt%7CU

This will certainly hone my parking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    Just pulled the pin on one. Had one for the weekend, last month, more standard extras than the average car and tax / VAT efficient for businesses.

Drives like a big car with new chassis set up and coil springs.

https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/ne...G2Xto4L_dt%7CU

This will certainly hone my parking skills.
    Local Nissan dealer (Sheffield) cant get enough of them,

Master
    Blog Entries
    I will be looking soon I have a 14 plate at this moment and really like the look of the new rear suspension as its the old leaf on mine, and the ride is a tad bumpy in the rear. They are great being 100% vat friendly and tax, great alround business tool

Was waiting and waiting for this model. I believe it was originally due to hit the showrooms over a year ago. Ended up buying another D40 back in October.

Much as I love the D40, I will be extremely jealous of anyone with the NP300. Sat in one a couple of weeks ago. Nice bit of kit.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I sat in one today, due to change this time next year I know where money will be going. Great bit of kit.

Craftsman
    Had a couple of d40s over the years they were fantastic now changed to a transporter 4 motion find it more practical for work

i've had every pick up there is , navarra , mitsubishi l200 , ranger . but the toyota D4D hilux is the best pick up out there . thats what I'm driving now .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well one year of ownership and I can not fault this vehicle. Totally love it.

Master
    Took half a day to drive the Nissan/ford/VW. Rejected the Nissan due to the busy and loud engine around town, center armrest too short to be an armrest and rubbish back seat. It is well specced, rides well and very pretty.

Master
    Was very tempted to get one myself but opted for the X Trail as I thought it would be more family friendly (for some reason). Might have to give the Navara a go next time. Picking my new X Trail up at 10am this morning.

I recently bought a new shape Toyota HiLux Invincible-X for the same tax and VAT efficiency reasons and it has been great as a workhorse, which drives very 'car-like'. It is certainly no replacement for my Discovery, but it is still quite a nice vehicle to drive.

I also had a BASC discount when I bought it, which made a huge difference on the purchase price too!

Master
    One thing to watch with these pickups is whether they qualify as Dual-Purpose vehicles, otherwise you will have to observe the lower speed limits for Commercial Vehicles (50mph on single carriageway roads and 60mph on dual carriageway). The key thing is the kerb weight - it needs to be under 2040kg, the Navarra and L200 qualify, but the current Ford Ranger, VW Amarok and the latest Hilux are too heavy to qualify as dual-purpose vehicles.
    I like the look of the Ranger Wildtrak, but I'm not sure I could stand driving all the way up the A9 at 50mph....

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rumpus View Post
    One thing to watch with these pickups is whether they qualify as Dual-Purpose vehicles, otherwise you will have to observe the lower speed limits for Commercial Vehicles (50mph on single carriageway roads and 60mph on dual carriageway). The key thing is the kerb weight - it needs to be under 2040kg, the Navarra and L200 qualify, but the current Ford Ranger, VW Amarok and the latest Hilux are too heavy to qualify as dual-purpose vehicles.
    I like the look of the Ranger Wildtrak, but I'm not sure I could stand driving all the way up the A9 at 50mph....
    Agreed.
    Most modern pickups are dangerously close to the 2040kg limit, and most will be over it.

The DfT response is that the current laws are out of date and don't reflect the size/weight of modern dual-purpose vehicles, but they are unlikely to change the law any time soon. How helpful.

Blog Entries
    Good info I wasn't aware of , thanks Wild Rumpus.

looking at these myself just now.

Master
    Looked at all the pickups last year and i was torn between the Navara and ranger then I drove a vito crewcab and that was that vito better suits my needs and has more backseat space for passengers (3 kids) I do miss the off road ability very occasionally but not enough to justify a pickup.

Blog Entries
    You can put lipstick on a pig and a Prada handbag on its shoulder but it is still a ......

We have had Nisan, Ford and Mitsi on the fleet and all these have been guzzling (serious amount of diesel) uncomfortable and expensive beasts to run.

A truck yes close to a nice SUV, not a cat in hells chance. But they do a job at a compromise

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I sat in one today, due to change this time next year I know where money will be going. Great bit of kit.
    I really did change my mind, I bought a One year old fully loaded Discovery 4

Master
    Blog Entries
    3 years in and still no regrets. Engine is sweeter than when new.

Craftsman
    I have a Amarok, second one I've had and in my view in the pickup range nothing comes close to it.
    Took delivery of the 258 ps aventura last week and love it, the engine coupled to the 8 speed auto is perfection.

Had a l200 for 2 years Decent vehicle. A pain when the shopping goes everywhere though in the back when the 3 kids are sat in the rear seats

Craftsman
    I have a basic Navara which with it’s 3.5 ton towing capacity is ideal for my needs. Like all commercial vehicles/pickups it has its limitations, a bit like watches.

Blog Entries
    No one tried Isuzu? After years of absence on Dutch roads, its back. Mostly driven by City council workers, roadwork people etc
    50% = Hilux, the other 50% Isuzu