closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    'All the Way' on HBO has all the elements to become a good 'un, I think. Bryan Cranston is Lyndon B. Johnson.

Menno

The Bridge, series 1, 2 & 3

I know I'm a million miles behind but I watched season one of Luther last week, and have now started season two.

He's one messed up but brilliant copper! Idris Elba is excellent in it.

I've just started watching an old TV series, "The Sopranos".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I've just watched the last episode of Line of Duty. Thought it was absolutely brilliant. Well worth a watch.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I've just watched the last episode of Line of Duty. Thought it was absolutely brilliant. Well worth a watch.
    yes indeed, caught series 1 and 2 on Netflix, and recorded this series, just watched the season finale the other night, wow just wow.

It depends what you want: if you want something entertaining but not too taxing then I enjoyed "The Mentalist" and also "Bones". Struggling a bit with "Blindspot" but really enjoyed an old series (just 2 seasons of 4 episodes) with Ray Winstone and Suranne Jones - "Vincent".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    Just finished all 5 seasons of suits. Very very good - intelligent, sharp witty with good writing and some eye candy
    loved Suits, and in love with Rachel !!

have to say when you binge watch it it is all very similar .....knock at door followed by "we got a problem", but enjoyable non the less

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    best thing I've watched for ages ..... brilliant script & acting

[QUOTE=dandanthewatchman;3957009]loved Suits, and in love with Rachel !!

have to say when you binge watch it it is all very similar .....knock at door followed by "we got a problem", but enjoyable non the less

Yes agree - but it makes you want to secretly be Harvey Spectre and to have a secretary like Donna the more of them you binge on

Journeyman
    as said lillyhammer is good as is marco polo and suits . another good one is "The news room" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1870479/
    Last edited by Fianoglach; 5th May 2016 at 21:49.

Master
    I don't understand how anyoen except the retired and students have the time to watch so many series, we're 2/3rds through Walking Dead, uptodate on GoT almost finished Breaking Bad, but stioll have West Wing, Sopranos to watch but they're releaseing so much good long form TV now where do I find the time?

Master
    That's the beauty of on demand services. You watch them in your own time!

Braquo back on French TV in September (final series it seems), hopefully on Sky/Virgin somewhere too.

French series. Very anti-hero like The Shield, but very French at the same time!

My current favourite, especially S1 and 2.

M.

Another vote for 'Camping' unbelievably funny :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm hearing good things about the new Netflix series "stranger things"
    anyone tried it yet?

Apprentice
    I recommend Ray Donovan, not sure if anyone else has watched it but Liev Shreiber is a great actor. Very cool, calm and collected in playing a Hollywood fixer. Midway through Season 4 and still loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by gracej1 View Post
    I recommend Ray Donovan, not sure if anyone else has watched it but Liev Shreiber is a great actor. Very cool, calm and collected in playing a Hollywood fixer. Midway through Season 4 and still loving it!
    +1 on this. Part way through season 2 at the moment and liking it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    +1 on this. Part way through season 2 at the moment and liking it
    This is number one on my Amazon watch list. Just can't find the time to watch anything

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Contagion on e4 is pretty good.
    Ep1 is on catch up from last week and ep2 is on +1 at ten.

Its a remake of the Belgian viral gore-fest Cordon which was very good indeed.

Craftsman
    Orange is the new black, on Netflix is worth a watch :-)

Making of a Murderer
    In the Line of Duty

Craftsman
    Got to agree that The Tunnel and The Tunnel Sabotage are first rate.

Amazing series....french with subtitles.....a bit like Line of Duty, but turbocharged and on acid.

All three series available on Netflix

The little girl playing 011 on Stranger Things has an incredible talent.

Not particularly new, in fact I'm probably the last one to the party, but I've just watched the first two episodes of 'Black Mirror', it's original to the say the least - off the wall even. It gets 8.8 on IMDB.

Not new, but "Outcast" is worth a watch, its actually quite similar to Preacher in some ways.

Agree about Black Mirror, each episode is different, different story, and cast, quite off the wall as you say.

Apprentice
    I can suggest narcos. 2 sseasons in a blink. And im about to check the westworld tomorrow at sky atlantic. Keeping the hopes up :)

I'm 6 (out of 13) episodes in to Luke Cage and it is streets ahead of Daredevil, which I quite enjoyed but found the supporting cast very average, and personally a little more watchable than Jessica Jones. It helps when your lead actor is so good and supported by a host of strong characters and actors.

Also liked the way they weaved in the back story as to how he actually got his powers. Hopefully the rest of the season contines with the same quality

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    I'm 6 (out of 13) episodes in to Luke Cage and it is streets ahead of Daredevil, which I quite enjoyed but found the supporting cast very average, and personally a little more watchable than Jessica Jones. It helps when your lead actor is so good and supported by a host of strong characters and actors.

Also liked the way they weaved in the back story as to how he actually got his powers. Hopefully the rest of the season contines with the same quality
    Luke Cage.....

I'm 5 eps in.... tad slow at times but that's the beauty of a binge watch series.... in 20 years people will say you actually used to wait a week for each episode in a series? That's prehistoric....
    Liking the 70s funk shaft type vibe in it too.....

Prefer DD personally unlike yourself but still..... it's looking promising if this is to go by for one of my fave ever characters when Daniel Rand AKA Iron Fist arrives.....

Back into The Fall, enjoying it, One of Us was a good short BBC drama, there's a new show called Timeless which sounds ok.

Oh and for anyone who like real life crime, theres the dramatised real life events "Killer on the Line".

Another for Designated Survivor. Keiffer back to his series 1 of 24 best. I no longer have to call him 'Squinty McSquint' as he seems to have developed some new facial acting skills (although his head looks scarily plastic at times).

Also if you fancy some easy watching crime/action (think Castle with explosions) the Lethal Weapon series is shaping up nicely.

It's not Narcos (season 2 was excellent as above) but it's worth a go!
    Last edited by Paddy!; 4th October 2016 at 05:13. Reason: Shocking grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    Another for Designated Survivor. Keiffer back to his series 1 of 24 best. I no longer have to call him 'Squinty McSquint' as he seems to have developed some new facial acting skills (although his head looks scarily plastic at times).
    Does he still speak in a load whisper?

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    Luke Cage.....

I'm 5 eps in.... tad slow at times but that's the beauty of a binge watch series.... in 20 years people will say you actually used to wait a week for each episode in a series? That's prehistoric....
    Liking the 70s funk shaft type vibe in it too.....

Prefer DD personally unlike yourself but still..... it's looking promising if this is to go by for one of my fave ever characters when Daniel Rand AKA Iron Fist arrives.....
    My issue with DD was not the main character. I just cannot stand Foggy. And at times the constant disucssions of right vs wrong was like wathcing Dawson's Creek.

Craftsman
    Blacklist has started again with a bang... Quite enjoyed the end of Suits this mid-season - hoping that it keeps momentum now.

My issue with DD was not the main character. I just cannot stand Foggy.
    Have to agree with you on that. However, DD is good on balance, in spite of Foggy. It's just a shame they have him dragging the whole thing down. It could have been so much better. In any case, I don't know whether you watched S2, but if you haven't I'd suggest putting your reservations aside and watch it anyway. S2 is where it starts to really get good.

I have a 'suspension of disbelief' problem with Dare Devil. I can believe a chap with super powers can come to earth from another planet, I can believe it's possible to develop super powers by being bitten by a spider in a research lab', I can believe rich fellows can build themselves indestructible suits and top crime-fighting kit, I can believe there are mutated humans with all sorts of strange powers; I just can't believe an ordinary bloke who happens to be blind can take on half a dozen baddies armed with iron bars, knives and guns and win - every time.

My issue with DD was not the main character. I just cannot stand Foggy. And at times the constant disucssions of right vs wrong was like wathcing Dawson's Creek.
    I can see that....though he was a buffoon in the comics and annoying there so perhaps he is playing it true to type....

It's funny as Karen Page actually isn't as stunningly sexy as she was in True Blood.... (maybe it was the red hair in TB)
    She should be a little bit hotter really though she's played very well as slightly fragile which she is supposed to be.

(a little of the same problem with Tulip in Preacher though the actress is attractive for her to corrupt the Preacher she should be Salma Hayek Dusk till Dawn level of heat)

that's a series by the way I haven't caught yet either....

Humans season 2 has started :)

Black Mirror Season 3 to watch

Watching some new shows too.

Conviction
    Chance
    Westworld
    Spotless - Completed season 1, season 2 planned

Old completed show for those who don't like to wait weekly.

Cold Blood

Master
    these are a few decent ones off Amazon Prime...

Back Sails
    The Following
    Vikings
    Sons of Anarchy
    Ray Donovan

I am not sure where you can get this one "included" any more, but you can buy it.

Silicon Valley

Currently enjoying Shoot the Messenger, Chance, Timeless, and Vinyl.

"Good Behavior" looks promising. It's new on TNT cable channel in the U.S.

Enjoying Glitch right now, not a fan of TWD or Zombies, but this show is different, very well written.

The new Fox TV series based on The Exorcist is way better than it has any right to be.

Craftsman
    Finally caught up with limitless, really enjoying it. Highly recommended if you liked the film.

There are also loads of episodes so you can get some real binge watching done!

Rectify

After four episodes, does this actually go anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    The new Fox TV series based on The Exorcist is way better than it has any right to be.
    ...and finished this week with a very strong season finale.

Pity it doesn't seem to have developed enough of an audience to guarantee a second series.

I really enjoyed Sense8, one of the most original series ever and with remarkable performances from actors I had never seen before. Anyway, Netflix have just announced there will be a Christmas Special on December 23rd.

Master
    Currently watching episode 2 of The OA on Netflix and I think I'm hooked. If you liked Stranger Things it's worth a shot.

Been watching a bit on Amazon Prime, notably Goliath is shaping out well.

Red Oaks is pretty easy viewing too.

Finished Gloliath yesterday and we really enjoyed it. Noticed on Netflix there's a new series imagining of Van Helsing. Enjoyed Lucifer on Amazon but he plays it a bit camp and mischievous rather than menacing. Tried Preacher but struggled to engage. Looking forward to Sens8 Chrissy Special but need more iZombie now. Has anyone seen 'A Moody Christmas' on Netflix? Dry Aussie sense of humour and a couple of familiar faces from other Netflix offerings.