closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tech Guys?? Which mobile phone for work use?

Tech Guys?? Which mobile phone for work use?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a phone which is capable of producing Word & Excel documents which is also able to convert these to PDF files?

Currently have 2x iPhones - but there are several things I can't do with iPhone - including using videos etc. where Flash is required.

Thanks in advance...

This'll be less dependent on the phone and more on the app. A Google for "android document converter" brings back plenty of results to play with.

I work for a software company, and I have a Nexus 6P. Absolute overkill. I bought it because I spend a good deal of time using my phone, so I'd like it to be a quick, secure, current, and premium experience to boot.

Craftsman
    Excel and Word for iOS will allow exporting a document as a PDF (although as an email attachment).

As for Flash, I'm pretty sure it's not supported on Android now either although you may still be able to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    This'll be less dependent on the phone and more on the app. A Google for "android document converter" brings back plenty of results to play with.

I work for a software company, and I have a Nexus 6P. Absolute overkill. I bought it because I spend a good deal of time using my phone, so I'd like it to be a quick, secure, current, and premium experience to boot.
    Sorry, does this mean if I get a Nexus 6P I'll be able to write a Word doc, then save to PDF?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchthisspace View Post
    Sorry, does this mean if I get a Nexus 6P I'll be able to write a Word doc, then save to PDF?

Thanks
    You can run mobile office on any ios or android device (well modern ones). As far as I can tell looking at the documentation for office for ios, if you share, it gives the option to turn word documents into PDFs.

Master

Thanks
    Not necessarily a Nexus 6P, any phone with Android will/should support the Word/Excel apps. I'm downloading it now to see if it lets you save as PDF (never had to use it before). I'll let you know

Right... Using the official Microsoft Word app you can only export as PDF when you send it as an attachment, but there are other office suites like Kingston Office or WPS Office suite that support this feature
    Last edited by asteclaru; 28th April 2016 at 21:57.

If you are in the market for a new phone and don't purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge then you are wasting your time. It's miles better than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    If you are in the market for a new phone and don't purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge then you are wasting your time. It's miles better than anything else
    Yeah, now that you mention it I did miss the forced Touchwiz UI and bloatware!

Craftsman
    S7 edge looks nice, but there are plenty of decent options. HTC and LG's android phones are as good as Samsung. After that it comes down to how much you like the looks and how it fits in your hand.

Craftsman

Thanks
    I have office suite pro on my 6p and you can save as PDF, if you are an Amazon prime member OS pro is free

Thanks everyone, going to pop and have a look at a few today. At least I know which ones to have a look at now....

Thanks again!

Went for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in the end, quite impressed with it - AND although it says water resistant, it's waterproof to a depth of 1.5m apparently!

Thanks everyone, will take a bit of getting used to, after having iPhones for ages

👍