closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Master
    I've just watched the last episode of Line of Duty. Thought it was absolutely brilliant. Well worth a watch.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I've just watched the last episode of Line of Duty. Thought it was absolutely brilliant. Well worth a watch.
    yes indeed, caught series 1 and 2 on Netflix, and recorded this series, just watched the season finale the other night, wow just wow.

It depends what you want: if you want something entertaining but not too taxing then I enjoyed "The Mentalist" and also "Bones". Struggling a bit with "Blindspot" but really enjoyed an old series (just 2 seasons of 4 episodes) with Ray Winstone and Suranne Jones - "Vincent".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It depends what you want: if you want something entertaining but not too taxing then I enjoyed "The Mentalist" and also "Bones". Struggling a bit with "Blindspot" but really enjoyed an old series (just 2 seasons of 4 episodes) with Ray Winstone and Suranne Jones - "Vincent".

Eddie
    I'm really enjoying Blindspot ... Good fun....

We've been watching 11.22.63. (Or 22.11.63 in the uk...;))

Go in a with an open and forgiving mind about time travel on TV/film and it's definitely worth a watch. Some excellent Stephen King moments and a lovely rendition of the time period.

Just 'binged' through the first series of Billions starring Damien Lewis and Paul Giamatti . I thought it was brilliant (hence me not being able to drag myself away from it, HIGHLY recommended

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Just 'binged' through the first series of Billions starring Damien Lewis and Paul Giamatti . I thought it was brilliant (hence me not being able to drag myself away from it, HIGHLY recommended
    Yep. Thoroughly enjoyed it. St John's Wood-born Lewis does an unbelievable Yank accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    We've been watching 11.22.63. (Or 22.11.63 in the uk...;))

Go in a with an open and forgiving mind about time travel on TV/film and it's definitely worth a watch. Some excellent Stephen King moments and a lovely rendition of the time period.
    I read the book & was delighted to discover it as a mini-series now - agreed, its very good!

Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    I read the book & was delighted to discover it as a mini-series now - agreed, its very good!
    Another positive vote from me, great fun for those of an age!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    Just finished all 5 seasons of suits. Very very good - intelligent, sharp witty with good writing and some eye candy
    loved Suits, and in love with Rachel !!

have to say when you binge watch it it is all very similar .....knock at door followed by "we got a problem", but enjoyable non the less

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    best thing I've watched for ages ..... brilliant script & acting

[QUOTE=dandanthewatchman;3957009]loved Suits, and in love with Rachel !!

have to say when you binge watch it it is all very similar .....knock at door followed by "we got a problem", but enjoyable non the less

Yes agree - but it makes you want to secretly be Harvey Spectre and to have a secretary like Donna the more of them you binge on

Blog Entries
    Line of duty was great.....but, that shot at a moving range rover, 5.56 slug, head shot! come on.

Master
    [QUOTE=maxwellwd;3957038]
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    loved Suits, and in love with Rachel !!

Yes agree - but it makes you want to secretly be Harvey Spectre and to have a secretary like Donna the more of them you binge on

Secretly?

Master
    The wife and I have just started watching The Wire. Nearly binned it after the first episode, I thought it was shite and couldn't understand half the stuff they were saying. However, we are about 8 episodes in now, and with the subtitles switched on, I'm really getting into it.

Now, normally, subtitles would be a big turn-off for me, but before The Wire, we watched the back catalogue of Gomorrah. I haven't seen anyone recommend it on this thread but my wife and I thought it was superb. Think modern day Sopranos but much faster moving, graphic, violent and close to the bone. It's an Italian programme (hence the subtitles, which you soon get used to), so none of the American bullshit. A definite watch in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    The wife and I have just started watching The Wire. Nearly binned it after the first episode, I thought it was shite and couldn't understand half the stuff they were saying. However, we are about 8 episodes in now, and with the subtitles switched on, I'm really getting into it.
    Almost everyone has the same experience with The Wire, I think. There must be so many people who never did make it past the first episode.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Almost everyone has the same experience with The Wire, I think. There must be so many people who never did make it past the first episode.
    Whenever I lend it out on dvd I always say give it a chance. I watched the first two and gave up for about a year, only when I was off sick from work did I try again. A masterpiece. I think Charlie Brooker said it "there are those who think The Wire is the best thing on TV and those who haven't seen it"

Now, normally, subtitles would be a big turn-off for me, but before The Wire, we watched the back catalogue of Gomorrah. I haven't seen anyone recommend it on this thread but my wife and I thought it was superb. Think modern day Sopranos but much faster moving, graphic, violent and close to the bone. It's an Italian programme (hence the subtitles, which you soon get used to), so none of the American bullshit. A definite watch in my book.
    I loved The Wire, couldn't believe that Stringer Bell and McNulty were English - the latter an old-Etonian no less. Omar has got to be one of the best TV characters ever created.

If you are getting into putting up with sub-titles, then French series Braquo is well worth a watch - series 1 at least, series 2 is pretty merdique. It stars Jean-Hugues Anglade (the fella wot shagged Betty Blue) and is written by a French ex-cop from Lyons, who is writing some of the best police film and TV screenplays today.

Just finished Better Call Saul season 2 – watchable but I’m just not enjoying it the same way I did with Breaking Bad.

Might start on The Americans S4 next or Gomorrah S2. It’s still a few months away but Ray Donovan season 4 is due to start in July I think so will probably tune into that when it starts.

I was always a big fan of Eastbound and Down so will be keen to see if the new series from those guys ‘Vice Principals’ will be anywhere as good as Eastbound when it starts in July - I have my doubts but will give it a shot anyway.

You won't need subtitles after season 1 as it switches the theme more predominantly to the "polak" as they say dock yards... The Baltimore street gangs feature in between but by the end of S1 you're going to be more used to the slang by then and won't really need them ...

Just don't watch past S4, which along with 1 is the best. But 4 is superb................ 5..... Well I'm not going there but it jumped the shark that's for sure.....

By the way Dominic west is good in the Affair too... American again and a neat plot device showing the viewpoint each half of episodes from the 2 main characters of that episode...

Just finished season 1 of Mad Dogs, it was ok, to good, but appeared that many scenes were stopgaps.

Completed three seasons of Shetland, very good drama.