closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I've just watched the last episode of Line of Duty. Thought it was absolutely brilliant. Well worth a watch.
    yes indeed, caught series 1 and 2 on Netflix, and recorded this series, just watched the season finale the other night, wow just wow.

It depends what you want: if you want something entertaining but not too taxing then I enjoyed "The Mentalist" and also "Bones". Struggling a bit with "Blindspot" but really enjoyed an old series (just 2 seasons of 4 episodes) with Ray Winstone and Suranne Jones - "Vincent".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It depends what you want: if you want something entertaining but not too taxing then I enjoyed "The Mentalist" and also "Bones". Struggling a bit with "Blindspot" but really enjoyed an old series (just 2 seasons of 4 episodes) with Ray Winstone and Suranne Jones - "Vincent".

Eddie
    I'm really enjoying Blindspot ... Good fun....

We've been watching 11.22.63. (Or 22.11.63 in the uk...;))

Go in a with an open and forgiving mind about time travel on TV/film and it's definitely worth a watch. Some excellent Stephen King moments and a lovely rendition of the time period.

Just 'binged' through the first series of Billions starring Damien Lewis and Paul Giamatti . I thought it was brilliant (hence me not being able to drag myself away from it, HIGHLY recommended

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Just 'binged' through the first series of Billions starring Damien Lewis and Paul Giamatti . I thought it was brilliant (hence me not being able to drag myself away from it, HIGHLY recommended
    Yep. Thoroughly enjoyed it. St John's Wood-born Lewis does an unbelievable Yank accent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Yep. Thoroughly enjoyed it. St John's Wood-born Lewis does an unbelievable Yank accent.
    I thought he really was American when I first saw him in Band of Brothers (which is also a fantastic TV series).

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    His fellow old-Etonian Dominic West also does an extremely convincing American accent in The Wire and The Affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    We've been watching 11.22.63. (Or 22.11.63 in the uk...;))

Go in a with an open and forgiving mind about time travel on TV/film and it's definitely worth a watch. Some excellent Stephen King moments and a lovely rendition of the time period.
    I read the book & was delighted to discover it as a mini-series now - agreed, its very good!

Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    I read the book & was delighted to discover it as a mini-series now - agreed, its very good!
    Another positive vote from me, great fun for those of an age!

I urge everyone to watch 'camping' a 6 part Julia Davis comedy, so funny (adult) it builds slowly but the last couple of episodes are hilarious...
    It's on Atlantic ( NowTV ) I think.