closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: London Transport Museum - anybody been?

Any further south and i would have wet feet

London Transport Museum - anybody been?

Has anybody been to the London Transport Museum with kids in the 8-11 ish age group? Is it worth the visit?
    ta

As a kid in the 48-50 age group I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it. For the best train geek experience though, look out for the Acton Museum Depot open days - usually they only hold one or two a year - where you will get to see all the really interesting stuff. Plus more kagouls than you could ever hope to see in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Has anybody been to the London Transport Museum with kids in the 8-11 ish age group? Is it worth the visit?
    ta
    Lost my two (now 5 and 9) in there many, many times. I always find them at the tube train simulator.

It's expensive for a one-off as you buy a year's pass, but if you go a few times it works out, and it's always a good back up plan if nothing else is doing. Be warned though, on rainy days in the holidays and at weekends it's murder

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Lost my two (now 5 and 9) in there many, many times. I always find them at the tube train simulator.

:

Parking that tube is remarkably tricky - I'd never make it as a train driver

Journeyman
    I was in their shop just this afternoon. Managed to find a copy of Tiles of the Unexpected Underground in the book section which I bought and then lugged around half of London.

No idea what the museum's like though as I didn't have time to go in.
    Last edited by sunaxi; 10th May 2016 at 23:18. Reason: Grammar

I went last summer and found it fantastic and a very nostalgic experience.

Kids will love it for different reasons!

Been several times over the past 10 years or so. Always enjoyed it. Was refurbished a while back and it really benefittted from the work.

I'd say well worth a visit. Have bought plenty of things from the shop too over the years, including some old stock Metropolitan Line tube train shelves for my bathrooms!

I've been twice; once as a paying punter and once as part of a corporate hospitality do.

Thoroughly enjoyed it both times; I was genuinely surprised to discover how the tube was originally built and how the original tube trains worked. Also how much harder it is to park the train after several bottles of Peroni.

I'd happily recommend it for kids of all ages.

Oh, and there are lots of Mondaine watches and clocks to look at too (if that's of interest)

Got a yearly pass when youngest was 2ish - went many, many times - best museum ever

Let it lapse when next was born as was too busy, but will look at rejoining