closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex 116610LV or 16610LV (Kermit vs Hulk)

Grand Master
    This comparison isnt really the best as it is like comparing apples to oranges, a better comparison would be the 116610LV vs 116610LN and leaving the Kermit to be compared to its original 16610.

Never owned a Kermit for any length of time but have had the Hulk and a 116610LN, both are amazing units and Id happily have either or though Im currently sporting a LN as it goes with everything but Id have another LV anytime
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    I agree, both rather different!!!

I lusted for the Hulk for ages but when I finally got one I didnt take to it. Now the summer is here I love wearing it.

Just came back from the beach

I had two 16610LVs and now have a LVc. I just couldn't learn to love the original, don't know why, maybe it was the lack of anti-reflective cyclops.

Grand Master
    AR Cyclops makes a big difference and is a welcome addition, I think the Hulk really comes to life outdoors but struggles to look good in artificial light, this was confirmed to me when I first tried one on in the Burlington Arcade, after initially trying it on he shut the shop and walked me down to the street to take a look at it in real light. Then the 2nd confirmation was at Rolex when the guy in front of me had his back from a repair and the staff said 'Maybe Sir would like to examine it outside under natural light' which means they know something!

The green surroundings of the golf course also deepen it and thats where it looks superb, its a watch to have in addition to not as an only
    RIAC

Journeyman
    The LV doesn't appeal to me, I have my 16610 from 1993 and wear it very often.

I vote for Hulk.

Craftsman
    Kermit - but only making the best do a bad bunch. Ceramic dial helps.

Craftsman
    Hulk all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    AR Cyclops makes a big difference and is a welcome addition, I think the Hulk really comes to life outdoors but struggles to look good in artificial light, this was confirmed to me when I first tried one on in the Burlington Arcade, after initially trying it on he shut the shop and walked me down to the street to take a look at it in real light. Then the 2nd confirmation was at Rolex when the guy in front of me had his back from a repair and the staff said 'Maybe Sir would like to examine it outside under natural light' which means they know something!

The green surroundings of the golf course also deepen it and thats where it looks superb, its a watch to have in addition to not as an only
    The Hulk is definitely a chameleon. In dimmer, more diffuse light, it's actually quite subtle - the dial goes from dark green to almost black - which is great IMO as it prevents it being "too much". In brighter, directional lighting, it really comes to life, and you get the full sunburst effect. They could have possibly gone a shade darker on the bezel IMO, and can understand why some think it's a bit "too green" - but it's a very well judged design.

As has been said, probably not as good a "main watch" as the LN though.

Master
    I have the black subc but rather than trade it for a Hulk I will search hard for a green dial and bezel to have both, but they are hard to find.

I saw a Hulk in the flesh for the first time at my local AD, it really is a stunning piece. I wish I'd asked to view it in natural light, my AD has one in stock for sale if anyone wants the details

Grand Master
    I'd swop my Ceramic Sub for a Hulk but would probably swop it back again at some point like I have done twice already, its a bit like my parents...nice to see them coming down the drive but a little nicer to see them walking away back up it
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrax View Post
    To me, the Kermit seems somewhat more refined and classy. Cheers! :)
    They are all classy!

RIAC

Journeyman
    Never tried the hulk, but I really like my kermit :)

Craftsman
    Got a hulk and loving it,the green changes all the time with the light,great watch.

Tony

Master
    I'm not keen on green. I like the original maxi dial on the Kermit but don't like the green bezel. Hulks dial looks lovely, but still not my thing.

Now 'electric blue' dial with dark blue bezel would be a nice option

in 16610 case

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dbt001 View Post
    Haven't heard it called "Kermit" before. I assume this is Miss Piggy?

Miss Piggy? NO.

Miss Take.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VladTepes View Post
    Miss Piggy? NO.

Miss Take.
    Deserves one of these:

Master
    Blog Entries

Kermit

Kermit the transitional Sub please!

Craftsman
    I'll play. Kermit for me!

I have to say Hulk because I shall be unwrapping one as my 60 th birthday present in a very few days !

Hulk all the way......

No comparison . The hulk is a far superior piece to the kernite . The ceramic bezel and the superior bracelet and clasp are in a different league to the kermit

Master
    Much prefer the Kermit, just don't like the supercase or ceramic bezels in general.

Also prefer the black dial over the green dial.
    Last edited by JeremyO; 13th May 2016 at 07:08.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    The strap is the same on both models.....only the clasp is different...

I really don't buy into the idea that because the new clasp is better, and yes it is... But this then means that the old clasp is somehow crap, and not up to the job...

I wear my old LV virtually every day, and have done for over 2 years, the clasp is as tight and functional as the day I bought it...

I might be wrong but I thought that the Kermit strap had SELs only but that the Hulk was solid all the way.

Incidentally, its Kermit for me.

My LV has an AR Cyclops but had it fitted myself

Journeyman
    Kermit as the originator said (don't like the names either tbh). I have 16610 Sub and the old clasp 21 years later no issues so unfair to say it's not good. I have a new explorer 2 and yes it's nice clasp and hope 21 years later still good too! Not a fan of Hulk I like the celebration of the Kermit however the black/green is swish!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Hulk for me the ceramic bezel looks the business.

I've had 1 Kermit and 2 Hulks but neither stayed as long as the 116610LN did....don't know why but perhaps the "novelty" of green (however nice) wore off for me. All fab watches and worth a place in any decent collection.

Master
    The thing that I love about the hulk is the starburst dial which you obviously don't get with the kermit. The ceramic bezel is good although not a massive fan of the shade of green.

Mine is going nowhere either way :)

Journeyman
    +1 for Hulk. One on my wish list.

The ceramic subs are awesome watches.......I'd just get a black bezel model though