closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up - Two new watch outlets

Heads up - Two new watch outlets

Hello boys and girls...

Just a heads up, I was in the Bicester Village today and there are two pretty decent new watch outlets...

L'ATELIER
    There's decent selection of Eterna, Baume & Mercier, Maurice Lacroix, Dreyfuss & Co, Raymond Weil, Movado and Rotary... (40-50-60% off RRP)
    There's decent selection of second hand Omegas, Breitling, Cartier and and a few others. (not sure on prices though... PO was around 4k)
    There's quite limited selection of Frederique Constant and Choppard.

I'm sure they stocked a few more brands but I can't remember which ones.... the one thing that really caught my eye was Eterna Super Kontiki (on orange NATO) for £680
    If you buy any Eterna watch they will also give you a really nice Month Blanc style Eterna branded pen
    I think you could push them for a further discount... or if you get one of those "private sale" 10% off voucher codes through email directly from the Village they will honour it on most brands...

HOUR PASSION
    There's very good stock of Longines, Rado, Tissot, Certina, MIDO, Hamilton and Swatch... Prices are OK ish... (40%-50% off)
    They had really nice Longines Heritage big crown pilots which you can't find anywhere etc as well as Hamilton Pan Europ...

And finally the Zenith selection in Tag outlet has grown quite a bit... they even had a half price Tourbillon on display
    Last edited by silly; 24th May 2016 at 22:31.

Thanks for the heads up. Which exact model Eterna was it for £680 if you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Which exact model Eterna was it for £680 if you don't mind me asking.
    I think the model number is 1273.41.46.1364

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

Yeah that's the one, saw it in there last week and had a quick look at it but not for me. The Eterna's and Dreyfuss are a boutique within the main shop apparently and are just there for 4 months then they will be replaced by something else. The other bits, rotary, B&M etc are part of the main store and will remain along with the S/H bits though they looked a bit pricey to me.

There was a reasonable selection of Eterna's at 50% off RRP but nothing to tempt me and nothing else either in the other parts of the store. Still I'll probably drop by again next week and see if any things changed.

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    I think that Eterna is lovely. Not absolutely sure of the NATO, but I've a lovely orange Isofrane just waiting for that to make an aquaintance.

Quote Originally Posted by doug darter View Post
    I think that Eterna is lovely. Not absolutely sure of the NATO, but I've a lovely orange Isofrane just waiting for that to make an aquaintance.
    That would be a cracking combo and a bargain at that price.

Blog Entries
    "Prices are OK ish... (40%-50% off)" ok ish? i think that discount is great!

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    It's an outlet though so in theory only has the undesirable / out of date models in it.

I bought a nice ladies Hamilton from Bicester Hour Passion a few months ago. About 35% below RRP, for a discontinued model which I liked more than the replacement. The staff are pleasant and professional but don't expect any great understanding of the watches. There was a good range of Tissots. Doesn't compare with some of the Hour Passion airport outlets though if that is what you are expecting, e.g. the one at Milan Linate which I thought had a very good range of mid to top end watches from many of the usual suspects.

No online shop ??
    I suppose being an outlet its a visit only sale.

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    It's an outlet though so in theory only has the undesirable / out of date models in it.
    As Yeti said, majority are discontinued and slightly older models which you can probably find online with approx 20-30% off its RRP anyway... but there are a decent amount of models that are still on high street .. if you're after a specific model and it happens to be there, you will get a pretty good deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    No online shop ??
    I suppose being an outlet its a visit only sale.
    I think you could call them up and ask... you might be able to buy over the phone and get them to ship the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    The staff are pleasant and professional but don't expect any great understanding of the watches. ....
    Oh dear, yes... the sales people there used to sell shoes and jackets in other outlets, so are completely clueless I'm afraid...

Master
    I don't mind most retail outlets in moderation but it would have to be the bargain of the century to get me to Bicester. I loathe the place with a passion.

Master
    It is certainly not as good as it was when I first went there about 10 years ago but this is another reason to go back!

Cant see L'Atelier being there for long(for a lot of shops if you arent a "big brand " they dont surive long and high turnover of smaller brands there), most outlets are owned by the brands so they make and sell directly (no middle man) where as here it isnt ( Iassume) and also with Bicester their rents are eye watering (its the most successful spend per square foot shopping place in Europe,something along these lines)

I found myself just outside of Bicester for the meeting today. Wish you hadn't posted this a the Kontiki is an itch I've always needed to scratch. I did it today. Nice watch and I ended up buying one. Isofane will look great on it.

Master
    I was up there Sunday wandering around and obviously managed to miss both those stores. Still, I wasn't really in the mood for shopping and went back to the hotel empty handed.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    I found myself just outside of Bicester for the meeting today. Wish you hadn't posted this a the Kontiki is an itch I've always needed to scratch. I did it today. Nice watch and I ended up buying one. Isofane will look great on it.
    Oh nice one, and I'm really sorry for your bank balance hehe... did you get the free pen? It looked pretty high quality..

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Cant see L'Atelier being there for long(for a lot of shops if you arent a "big brand " they dont surive long and high turnover of smaller brands there), most outlets are owned by the brands so they make and sell directly (no middle man) where as here it isnt ( Iassume) and also with Bicester their rents are eye watering (its the most successful spend per square foot shopping place in Europe,something along these lines)

I think L'Aterier is part of Ernest Jones... not sure if its good or bad... it could mean rhat more brands that EJ sell could end up there sooner or later..

Oh nice one, and I'm really sorry for your bank balance hehe... did you get the free pen? It looked pretty high quality..
    I had no intention of buying another watch if it wasn't for this thread.
    Very nice though an good price I felt.
    Got a tie, pen and notebook!

Quote Originally Posted by doug darter View Post
    I think these are also one of the few diver's watches without shrouded lugs that look good on a shark mesh.

Master
    Isn't that eterna a quartz model?

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Isn't that eterna a quartz model?
    No, definitely an Auto. Or it was when I tried one on last week and had to give it a little wind. :-)

Daniel the manager kindly sent me a pic of the Kontiki's in the window..

I'm fubar'd £wise at the moment otherwise I'd be all over that SuperKontiki on the stripey NATO.
    Joe

Changed the strap to a rubber with orange stitching...I think it works. But probably a Isofrane. The watch is quite big and the rubber just allows it to sit better on the wrist.

Regards
    Gerard

Looks great, and at an amazing price too.

I love that Eterna. That is a really great price too!

I took the missus to Bicester for a spot of bank account blood letting today and had a peep in L'Atelier. According to the lovely sales assistant the pre-owned are direct from a hi street jeweller (EJ) and not actually pre-owned...
    I completely forgot to ask about warranties but I was tempted with the Omega PO...

I love that Super Kontiki, it's one of my favourite Eterna watches. Does anyone know of any decent outlets further north?