closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SRP581 - Fast way to Change the date?

Seiko SRP581 - Fast way to Change the date?

Not sure if I'm being a bit silly but is there a quick way of changing the date number? I had to change it from 2 to 30 yesterday and had to spin the hour hand for the complete days till I got to 30 and it wouldn't let me go backwards. Tried pulling out a click but didnt seem to work, only changed the day window.

Is there a faster way?

With the crown pulled out to the first position, turning one way changes the date and the other way the day.

Note: Seiko also advises not to change the day / date between 21:00 and 04:00.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    With the crown pulled out to the first position, turning one way changes the date and the other way the day.
    Brilliant, I thought I was being stupid....it doesnt move the day on the first rotation so I didn't think it worked but a couple of spins and it works! Wish I had known this yesterday, wasted 5 minutes spinning the hour hand round!

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Note: Seiko also advises not to change the day / date between 21:00 and 04:00.
    Noted, thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdaniels View Post
    Brilliant, I thought I was being stupid....it doesnt move the day on the first rotation so I didn't think it worked but a couple of spins and it works! Wish I had known this yesterday, wasted 5 minutes spinning the hour hand round!

Noted, thanks for the warning.
    Most day-dates work the same way, so useful for the future

Looks like it all went well with Creation - congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Most day-dates work the same way, so useful for the future

Looks like it all went well with Creation - congrats!
    Yes will definitely have this info for the future, I've only ever had a date window not a day one so was clueless and the instruction manual didn't mention it either.

Very pleased with Creation and the turn around, but I guess they only fall down on the communications if you have any issues.

My GMT2 is currently back in the watch box and i'm in love with this right now.

I'm definitely considering buying another from them as my dad saw my watch and is keen on getting one to go with his rolex. :D