closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Master
    Well Sky called back and I took the offer most seem to be getting. 50% off the TV package for 12 months, no contract and a £50 credit against the first bill.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Well Sky called back and I took the offer most seem to be getting. 50% off the TV package for 12 months, no contract and a £50 credit against the first bill.
    Only cancelled two weeks ago today so not even been without Sky for a day and was offered 50% off variety and sports for 12 months no contract,new sky box with me having to pay £15 for delivery and £50 credit.

I think that has just saved me close to £500 for the year and this is either the third or fourth year i have had 50% offer so me and mrsmjc very happy.

So I just used Chat to cancel and was given an option for them to call me - which I took.

They offered me 25% discount FOR 5 YEARS on a 12 month contract. Nothing else was offered (even when I sounded disappointed and pushed a little).

And the waiting game begins.

Regards,

Si

Quote Originally Posted by raringtogo View Post
    So I just used Chat to cancel and was given an option for them to call me - which I took.

They offered me 25% discount FOR 5 YEARS on a 12 month contract. Nothing else was offered (even when I sounded disappointed and pushed a little).

And the waiting game begins.

Regards,

Si
    5 years...A new and ridiculous Sky tactic!

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    5 years...A new and ridiculous Sky tactic!
    Its not new.

I've been offered 33% off for 5yrs on both of my last 'renegotiations'

Will they continue to update the sky box automatically, without active subscription? Thanks.

Master
    If they won't give you the deal that you want or match what other people are getting then stick with the cancellation and get Sky under the other half's name.

This deal expires Wed 11th May - The complete bundle £30 a month for 12 months, box sets, movies & sports (multi room is an extra £5 per month).

https://promotioncode.sky.com/campai...affiliate=true

called yesterday and pleasant lady tried a few very modest offers, but I couldn't get anything decent, so emboldened by this thread I went ahead and cancelled.

an hour later a 35% offer was in the account.... but it really doesn't make it clear in cash terms what that is off..... I have Family + Sports and Multi-room (no HD, no movies) .... so I doubt that 35% will be off my current total of approx. £76.

Anyone able to say what the discount is applied to & when it is likely that they will up the offer to 50%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    If they won't give you the deal that you want or match what other people are getting then stick with the cancellation and get Sky under the other half's name.

This deal expires Wed 11th May - The complete bundle £30 a month for 12 months, box sets, movies & sports (multi room is an extra £5 per month).

https://promotioncode.sky.com/campai...affiliate=true
    that seems a great deal !

The discount applies to the tv packages but not multi room etc. Also try the online chat, the person I spoke to said 50% discount is always available.

Phoned Sky and cancelled mine today. The guy offered me 25% discount on Sports and Movies for 12 months, which would have brought my subscription down from £92 to £75 per month. I told him it wasn't good enough and asked him to proceed with the cancellation.

Had a sorry to see you are leaving e-Mail, but no further offers.

I will rejoin if they make a decent offer.

Less than 24 hours and a result. 50% off for 12 months on the variety, sports and movie pack and multiroom and 50% off on HD for 6 months. Total bill for the next 12 months reduced from over £1,100.00 to £540.00.

Well worth that phone call to cancel yesterday.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 12th May 2016 at 21:34.

Master
    Question on cancellation. I intend to quit Sky unless they can match the deal I'm currently on for another 12 months (which they won't be able to) - however I read a lot about needing to give 31 days notice except that exactly 31 days prior to my 12 month date rolling around, I'm out of the country. Can I speak to them before the 31 days to give my notice?

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Question on cancellation. I intend to quit Sky unless they can match the deal I'm currently on for another 12 months (which they won't be able to) - however I read a lot about needing to give 31 days notice except that exactly 31 days prior to my 12 month date rolling around, I'm out of the country. Can I speak to them before the 31 days to give my notice?
    I don't see why not. If you told them that your contract reaches 12 months on... and you wish to give 31 days cancellation notice so that notice period ends when the 12 month contract ends I think you should be okay - otherwise they are technically tricking you into a 13 month contract by default.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 12th May 2016 at 21:33.

31 days notice entered. Offer was a pretty poor 20% off.

I'm not actually bothered if they don't come back to me with a good deal having seen some of the BT offers through Quidco.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    31 days notice entered. Offer was a pretty poor 20% off.

I'm not actually bothered if they don't come back to me with a good deal having seen some of the BT offers through Quidco.
    Check you account on-line over the next few days and click on offers - there should be a 50% to rejoin Sky offer in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Check you account on-line over the next few days and click on offers - there should be a 50% to rejoin Sky offer in there somewhere.
    And as if by magic, I check the app and there's 50% off!

Cancelled mine about 3 weeks ago. Not checks the app yet and this morning I got a 50% off letter in the post.

I'm keen to see what life is like without it for a week or two, so will let it cancel and then probably go back and aim for the 50% and £50 voucher.

If only the record feature on my new Sony YouView TV worked (!!). Might be tempted to live without sky.

Annoying that Sony can get away with selling a TV that is advertised as being able to record free view like sky does, but then say the update for that feature is delayed and delayed and delayed.

Master
    Hmm what an interesting thread - my monthly bill has crept up to £60 lately which is too much. I'm just too lazy to do anything about it.

A quick question - when you receive a 50% offer is there any hassle involved, or just a click and continue? Might give them a ring tomorrow.... Thanks chaps

Master
    Haha - what a bizarre system they run. As everyone has stated above went through the whole farcical process of getting a 15% off offer, cancelling then IMMEDIATELY being offered 50% TV via the app. Then managed £5 per month off broadband and removed a load of other stuff I wasn't using.

Cheers George & Dragon. £30 per month saved!

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Cancelled mine about 3 weeks ago. Not checks the app yet and this morning I got a 50% off letter in the post.

I'm keen to see what life is like without it for a week or two, so will let it cancel and then probably go back and aim for the 50% and £50 voucher.

If only the record feature on my new Sony YouView TV worked (!!). Might be tempted to live without sky.

Annoying that Sony can get away with selling a TV that is advertised as being able to record free view like sky does, but then say the update for that feature is delayed and delayed and delayed.
    If you have not had the tv long return it as not fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    called yesterday and pleasant lady tried a few very modest offers, but I couldn't get anything decent, so emboldened by this thread I went ahead and cancelled.

an hour later a 35% offer was in the account.... but it really doesn't make it clear in cash terms what that is off..... I have Family + Sports and Multi-room (no HD, no movies) .... so I doubt that 35% will be off my current total of approx. £76.

Anyone able to say what the discount is applied to & when it is likely that they will up the offer to 50%

- - - Updated - - -

that seems a great deal !
    so - immediately after I cancelled the interactive account was offering 35% off
    then I got a letter today offering 50% off the main bundle
    I was just mulling that over when Sky called - didn't have to play too hard ball and got 50% off main bundle, 35% off multi room, £50 account credit and there is no Contract tie in

Just to post this (pretty well know internet wide) link below for those who are existing Sky customers or longtermers like me and who may not be aware of the deals available.

Read the first page then the last page to see what is about currently.

Going through this 'Cancel Sky - call back within 30 day cancellation period - receive killer deal' once a year is a bit of a faff but is essential if you want to save a packet every year and stay with Sky.

For what it's worth I just did this last week and best deal I could get for the next 12 months was:

Sky TV at 50% off.
    £50 account credit.
    Free broadband for the 12 months.
    Line rental reduced to £14.99 month
    50% discount on Anytime call package

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/75-of...671?p=28050934
    Last edited by Max...; 24th May 2016 at 20:35.

Just done the dance...........
    After checking my info, I noted my current deal was about to expire (60% off plus £100.00 credit). With the recent price hike bill for Sky World had gone up from £33 something to £39.00. Next month £80 plus.
    Advisor on Sky Chat said the very best they could do was 25% then they offered 30% off for fiver years but only in a contract for 12 months. Declined both.
    Whilst he's still on the line I updated my browser as I'm already in my Sky Account and immediately there is a "50% off offer" for my full bundle. Madness.
    I'm going to go through with the cancellation to see if they approach me with the same deal as last year. If not, now might be a good time to do without it for a while.

Craftsman
    try and negotiate and if they dont offer anything worth while then cancel and await the automated offers...they should come back in my opinion...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    try and negotiate and if they dont offer anything worth while then cancel and await the automated offers...they should come back in my opinion...
    I'm amazed that people want to continue dealing with a company like this. This is an appalling practice (on the part of Sky I mean) and I'm sure that there's something here that trading standards should be looking into. ISTR there has already been action taken against other organisations/companies that offer special introduction discounts and this sounds much along the same lines i.e. screw 90% of the customers for the sake of 10%. I don't have Sky and never will... I'd feel soiled dealing with such a bunch of devious/underhanded..... well you know what I'm saying ;-)

Of course only MY opinion and nothing to do with TZ-UK.

Master
    Not sure what the problem is,doesn't every company have a List Price and offer discounts only when asked,I know I do,have you bought a car recently ?

I've just had an offer e-mail even though I only agreed to a 12 month deal last month.
    They have just offered me a completely free installation of Sky Q Silver with my existing Sky Sports discount deal carried over BUT it still works out at £83.50/month compared with the £47.75 I'm paying now so I politely declined,will be interesting to see if they get back to me with an improved offer for the new Q system given that by the looks of it they aren't getting many migrations.

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    I'm amazed that people want to continue dealing with a company like this. This is an appalling practice (on the part of Sky I mean) and I'm sure that there's something here that trading standards should be looking into. ISTR there has already been action taken against other organisations/companies that offer special introduction discounts and this sounds much along the same lines i.e. screw 90% of the customers for the sake of 10%. I don't have Sky and never will... I'd feel soiled dealing with such a bunch of devious/underhanded..... well you know what I'm saying ;-)

Of course only MY opinion and nothing to do with TZ-UK.
    Hardly unique to Sky though, anyone who does not barter with their annual renewal of: Sky, gas, electricity, car insurance, house insurance etc, etc is simply throwing money away.

All big companies work this way and rely on complacency from annual "can't be bothered to switch/argue" renewers to line their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Max... View Post
    All big companies work this way and rely on complacency from annual "can't be bothered to switch/argue" renewers to line their pockets.
    I would agree, it's a bit like buying a pizza from Dominoes, who has ever paid the menu price, even the promotional leaflets contain numerous different discount codes. Everest have had 50% off on doors and windows for years now and can anyone remember when DFS did not have a sale on.

It does hack me off somewhat, I wish that they would stop messing about and just offer us their most competitive deal.

Master
    I would agree, it's a bit like buying a pizza from Dominoes, who has ever paid the menu price, even the promotional leaflets contain numerous different discount codes. Everest have had 50% off on doors and windows for years now and can anyone remember when DFS did not have a sale on.

It does hack me off somewhat, I wish that they would stop messing about and just offer us their most competitive deal.
    AA are the same as well. Anyone who's had to go through the annual renewal process with them knows how ridiculous it is, bartering to get a cheaper deal. One of the reasons I switched to getting my breakdown cover with my bank account - it's a fixed price every month, and I never need to jump through stupid hoops to get the price down to a reasonable level, every damn year.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

Makes you wonder though just how many mugs just pay the asking.

I just took out Sky, full package for £30 a month plus a £25 one off payment and it includes everything!

50% and £50 statement credit on Family, Sports and HD pack. £38.75 per month. Worth noting that I could have had the same 50%/£50 credit on a cheaper bundle. Not exactly thrilled that I couldn't agree a new broadband deal at the same time, but I will likely move this to BT anyway. Thanks for all the tips guys!

Craftsman
    I went the whole hog and binned it. We signed up to Amazon and so far the only things I miss are the discovery channels, but they weren't up to much really. Over the last few years everything seemed to be a repeat and swapped around between channels.

I binned it on Friday night too when the tried to put our monthly bill up to £90!

I'll sign up again if they knock 50% off our original bill, otherwise they can forget it.

Banned
    I've just cancelled Sky.

They offered a 25% discount and nothing else! So I cancelled it.

Wonder if they will call back with a deeper discount?

My sky cut off last night, and I've had no emails, no calls, no nothing asking if I wanted to reconsider. I would be surprised if they had as I've never received any form of contact in my 12 years! Thank god for certain streaming sites for the content that will be aired on Atlantic!

Fish

50% off any bundle will be available on the website Fish. Log in to your account or register if you haven't done so already and it will be there.

Craftsman
    Keep checking the sky app on your phone - it will come!

Banned
    Hi all

Yes, I logged on to my Sky account and there was an offer of 50% off my sky bundles.

Having paid circa £79 previously, it has now been reduced to £43.

Thank you all for sharing this.

Cheers

Roy

Cancelled yesterday, was offered 25% on the phone but declined, within an hour there was a 35% offer on the app? Doesn't look like anyone else has gone through this step or have they and then the 50% offer has come later?

I logged into my sky account and yeap there's a 50% off offer there. Shame they didn't send me any offers when I was a customer, they might still have my business.

Fish

So, I just rang up and told them I had a 50% offer on my app and then said that my friend also got a £50 credit and then asked for a discount on fibre and got that at 50% for the next year too. So all in all, 50% off TV, 50% off fibre and £50 in the kitty - worth a phone call!

Master
    Went on their online chat earlier to not renew my full TV package at the end of 12 month contract period. Did get a bit of a hard sell initially, and they quickly dropped to offering 50% off, but sadly cancelling due to my outgoings being a bit out of control and needing to get things under control.

In the end they did me a deal to keep my fiber broadband, the freesat channels, and the Sky+ functionality (which is handy to be fair) for about £28/month for the next 12 months - which seemed pretty decent so stuck with that. Shame to lose the sports and movies and stuff but I can always go back when things stabilise a bit!

Guy on the chat seemed helpful enough so no complaints.

Master
    Spurred on by this thread we initiated the cancellation process at the weekend and despite the "you know you're already on a really good package price", we stuck by our guns and told them to proceed.
    Started to get worried when nothing seemed to appear on the Sky web site, so I downloaded the Sky app and lo and behold, there was the 50% offer!

Thanks to all who've contributed to a significant saving.

My final day after cancellation is Sunday. Used live chat today and got 50% / £50 credit / new 2TB Sky + HD box - Sorted!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Cancelled yesterday, was offered 25% on the phone but declined, within an hour there was a 35% offer on the app? Doesn't look like anyone else has gone through this step or have they and then the 50% offer has come later?
    Yes I had the 35% come up on the app. I just ignored it and Sky phoned with the 50% offer and £50 credit.

I got caught out

Just had my parents bill and their fifty per cent deal has ended

My fault as if not diarised

Did live chat and got them to call

Waste of time discounts offered and passed phone to my dad to say cancel the tv

So let's see what happens now

How long does it take for the offer to pop up on the app?

^^ my offer was there within minutes of cancellation.

Managed 4 days with no Sky TV before I caved in.

In those 4 days however, I've got the garden weeded, tidied the garage, done a 1000 piece puzzle, reorganised my filing cabinet and spring cleaned the house.

Think I prefer watching mindless telly though.

50% off for 12 months and a £50 credit.

Seems farcical to have to do this every 12 months, but if that's the game they make us play..........

For the record, it's not the content that I like, but the recording, pausing and rewinding, remote recording and series link stuff that you can't live without. It's great being able to watch what you want, when you want while fast forwarding through all the adverts. I hardly ever watch TV in real time. Trying to use YouView and iPlayer on my smart TV is not a patch on the flexibility and ease of using Sky+. I thought it would be OK, but it's not.

I've just taken the advice of this thread, and saved a lot of money, thank you all.

A word of warning, though (which I'm sure you've all realised) - at the end of your new contract period, the price will bounce straight back up. So put a reminder in your phone to call again 11 months after your last call, and re-negotiate!