closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone know what model this vintage Bugatti is?

Anyone know what model this vintage Bugatti is?

It looks old and rare and expensive-
    sadly I just missed the owner as he walked off so I couldn't get the low down-

any Bugatti experts here?

Last edited by farmkid; 3rd June 2016 at 01:04.

I'm guessing that it is a Type 35 but I can't be 100% sure!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Googling Bugatti and the reg No. gives a Facebook entry showing 35A but which states 'not original' … but might refer to the controversy regarding the DVLA definition of what constitutes an 'historic vehicle'.

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Yes- I see......
    apparently has an original 1926 frame but some controversy as to what constitutes an original
    when chassis number is not known. It certainly looked old!

Banned
    Blog Entries

The ultimate sports car

Now THAT is a dream car!!!

Apart from being both an engineering gem and a piece of sculptured art, it is an F1 racer on the street.
    Of all the cars, that would be the one I would drive here in the mountains if ...

This one looks just perfect!
    So much better than (over)restored.
    Originality is a huge moot point for old racing cars and restorng to 'original' would in effect be destroying the honorable proof of their functional life.

Utterly French btw

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful car!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Googling Bugatti and the reg No. gives a Facebook entry showing 35A but which states 'not original' … but might refer to the controversy regarding the DVLA definition of what constitutes an 'historic vehicle'.

dunk

A good friend of mine had a tour of the Bugatti factory and when they got to section with all the historic cars, the guide said the following:

"Of the 139 Type 35As that were built, we're happy to confirm that 350 are left on the road..."

I loved that quote and it says an awful lot about many historic and coveted cars.

Master
    Even as a non-original, I'm sure it's still worth a ridiclous amount of money. What a beauty. Always dreamt of driving one of these properly old, single seater racing cars some day.

Apprentice
    What a nice hue of blué =]

The ear defenders hanging off the steering wheel are a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Now THAT is a dream car!!!

Apart from being both an engineering gem and a piece of sculptured art, it is an F1 racer on the street.
    Of all the cars, that would be the one I would drive here in the mountains if ...

This one looks just perfect!
    So much better than (over)restored.
    Originality is a huge moot point for old racing cars and restorng to 'original' would in effect be destroying the honorable proof of their functional life.

Utterly French btw

This sums it up. A car like a car should be. No 100 points pussy restoration but just a nice runner.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Yes- I see......
    apparently has an original 1926 frame but some controversy as to what constitutes an original
    when chassis number is not known. It certainly looked old!
    Back in the 1980s and 1990s when these suddenly shot up in value, rather than sell (or restore) one car, a lot of them were restored or built up as three different cars: one with the chassis, one with the bodywork and one with the running gear.

This one does look superb.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
    This sums it up. A car like a car should be. No 100 points pussy restoration but just a nice runner.
    First weekend of July, the bi-annual Concours d'Elegance will roll out the carpets for those cars on the lawn of the Royal Palace in my town. Pretty sure that this car - or its (step)sisters will attended the sprint on the lanes in front of the palace.

You need ear protection when a vintage Bugatti is revving up!

Menno

Here's a photo I took, this ones in better nick :-

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    The ear defenders hanging off the steering wheel are a nice touch.
    probably needed for survival!

Stunning. These cars are best used rather than sat in a museum somewhere. They sound amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    First weekend of July, the bi-annual Concours d'Elegance will roll out the carpets for those cars on the lawn of the Royal Palace in my town. Pretty sure that this car - or its (step)sisters will attended the sprint on the lanes in front of the palace.
    Het Loo? Bizarrely a few years ago I was invited to be one of the concours judges! I politely declined.

That's lovely, thanks for sharing - and on my list when my Euromillions comes in.

Talking of dubious heritage, didn't they pull out a Bugatti from the bottom of an Italian lake a few years back, only to find that another with the same chassis number was in the USA which they thought had been legit, up to that point. Ooops!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobafett View Post
    That's lovely, thanks for sharing - and on my list when my Euromillions comes in.

Talking of dubious heritage, didn't they pull out a Bugatti from the bottom of an Italian lake a few years back, only to find that another with the same chassis number was in the USA which they thought had been legit, up to that point. Ooops!!
    Ha ha, I didn't know that!

Considering the sums of money involved it's no surprise there's dodgy dealing.

I recall reading Chris Evans once sat in an auction room full of Ferrari experts as he bid
    over £4 million for a car.....he found it odd that when he came to sell the same car at auction at a later
    date all the experts knew it was not a matching numbers car yet when he'd bought it no one said a word!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Het Loo? Bizarrely a few years ago I was invited to be one of the concours judges! I politely declined.
    Oh tell me why! I live 5 mins walking distance from the venue. It's more or less a home game for me!

M.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Oh tell me why! I live 5 mins walking distance from the venue. It's more or less a home game for me!

M.
    I used to supply a lot of material to Autovisie and they were sponsoring it. I've known Ton Roks for about 18 years now.