closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euros 2016

Master

Euros 2016

Who do you think will win? Top goal scorer? Any surprises?

Can't see past Germany, Spain or France (Greece and Denmark defied the odds once though).

I'm going for a Germany/England final as its 50 years since the last one

I think England have a chance, the lack of star players and a good squad, don't think we are reliant on one player to have a good tournament. Top goal scorer Sturridge, don't think he will start the first game, but to come on as sub score and play well.

I have a good feeling about this tournament,with the young players we have there seems to be more excitement and no fear,I really think we can get to the final,it could be fate with it being 50 years since the last trophy,as for top scorer I'm not too up on the opposition,but our top scorer I'm not too sure as I'm not sure who's garanteed to start up front,I'd of said sturridge if it were for the injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I don't care... Soon there won't be any Leicester players in the squad :-(

Come on Wales!!!

Got big respect for the Guvnor Roy 'H' and the Pukka Pies and the Piano man. Top bloke. Come on England!

https://youtu.be/rIZA1Y3KnmE

Master
    I think France will win this and for everybody saying England can win it!!!! Absolutely no chance and as always they will go out early I agree they have got some good young players but you have a dinosaur of a manager who won't play in an attacking way he will play safe as always and will play players out of position which drives me mad, pointless.

Master
    I'm going to go for Italy. I just don't fancy France or Spain for some reason and as much as I'd love Germany to win don't think they are a patch on the World Cup winning team without Philip Lahm. England will be pretty much the same as ever I expect.

God help me I have drawn Rep. of Ireland and Belgium in the works sweepstake! :-)

I think ze Germans will win

France look like they have a strong squad, plus the advantage of playing at home.

The rest of teams seem like a swave of mediocrity.

Despite that, I really can't see England going past the round of sixteen. They probably have an even weaker team than two years ago and I think their "potential" has been really over hyped - especially after watching their recent friendly matches.

I even half wonder if they'll make it out of the group.

I know that would be a big upset, but I think Wales are going to be incredibly pumped up for their clash with England and, if they play like they did against Belgium during the qualifiers, I wouldn't surprised if Wales won.

Throw in an England draw against Russia or Slovakia and England could be in trouble.

(Admittedly I'm a Wales supporter, albeit a half English one who generally follows England in the football tournaments!).
    Last edited by CamCG; 7th June 2016 at 14:10.

England can win it, but won't because Woy will pick the 'same old' names (Rooney, Milner etc) who aren't the best and leave the emerging talent on the bench. It's been the same for 5 years.................

England no chance

England are poor at the back and will concede. Not a massive fan of Kane right now, seems to have become incredibly selfish and playing for himself now, looks like fame gone to his head. Get yourself grounded lad.

France have a great midfield and front line, but have issues in defence due to injury and Sakho not being selected because of a UEFA cock up. They are at home but will also let in goals.

Belgium look good, but again defence not awesome without Kompany.

Germany IMHO are looking pretty average but always seem to turn it on.

Outside bet for Austria potentially being dark horses.

Quote Originally Posted by barty9 View Post
    God help me I have drawn Rep. of Ireland and Belgium in the works sweepstake! :-)

Better than me, I've got Iceland.

Spain (have them in sweepstake)

Master
    Dump Rooney and we have a shot. In every sense of the word! If he didn't have penalty kicks he'd have scored about 1 last season, shower of sh*te.
    I still rate our chances but even if we had a terrible squad I'd be cheering us on. What the f**k happened to England supporters?? Bunch of negative bastards.
    (I think Germany will win).

Craftsman
    With the new 24 team format three points and a zero goal difference should be enough to qualify in third place from the group stages (according to the chart I will post below), so I don't expect to see a great deal of attacking football in the early games. In theory a team could win the tournament without scoring a single goal. I imagine that things will pick up once we get to the group stages.

I will be getting behind Wales as three of their squad are Palace players.

Heading out to France for the later rounds, got tickets for two quarter finals and both semifinals.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Dump Rooney and we have a shot. In every sense of the word! If he didn't have penalty kicks he'd have scored about 1 last season, shower of sh*te.
    I still rate our chances but even if we had a terrible squad I'd be cheering us on. What the f**k happened to England supporters?? Bunch of negative bastards.
    Rooney is your anchor man, keeps the youngsters in line and sets an example. Looked well smart in that blue suit when he got off the bus. Everyone hates the Krauts. Done 'em twice at fighting, sore looser's.....................................

https://youtu.be/GRjdWmP7yOg

The Welsh lads are having a laugh.

https://youtu.be/fjy1tjPWDDI

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I agree with you except i think the Frogs will win it, and Iceland for a good outside bet. watch this space

Master
    I predict I'll be absolutely leathered for a week in Paris/Lille and might not even see a ball being kicked, if everything goes to plan.

Just placed my bets:

Italy to win @16/1

Italy to lose in Final @ 14/1

Germany to win and Muller to be top scorer @ 14/1

Total stake of £10, just for a bit of interest.

Master
    I should also have mentioned, I have a £50 accum placed for the first rounds of games, which will net £13k from Mr Power if it comes up.

First proper bet I've placed since I took £4.5k from Paddy a few years back.

I won't be watching. I may have shown some interest had Mark Noble been in the squad (as he deserves to be) but considering how early West Ham's season starts it probably a bonus that he's not.

Master
    Spain or France but my outside bet are Croatia.

Quote Originally Posted by smoz View Post
    With the new 24 team format three points and a zero goal difference should be enough to qualify in third place from the group stages...
    I forgot about that change to the tournament format.

In that case, England have a decent chance of making it out of their group!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by barty9 View Post

nothing wrong with getting Belgium they have a excellent squad . as for ireland . id love to support my own country but hahaha not a hope in hell :-P

Looking forward to it, have my chart at the ready.

I think we will do well but really it could be anyone of the usual suspects to win. I doubt we will see an outsider finish high up.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

If Roy uses the example of Leicester, the mindset change could be a key difference!

Usual prediction from me. Firmly based on heart...England.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Me too !

...& Gudjohnsen (37) has been named in Iceland's EURO 2016 squad

z

I'm not usually bothered about Ingerlund and international tournaments but this one seems to have piqued my interest.
    I m not a fan of Hodgson and him picking players based on reputations and/or who the Meeja pick for him.
    His exclusion of Noble and inclusion of Henderson and Milner is particularly strange.
    However, there are a good few players in his squad and a few that could be standout performers in this tournament.
    I was sick to the back teeth of the plaudits ranged around Rashford . The Meeja made it their personal goal to have him picked in the squad. But you know what? The boy can play . He's quick, clever and very aware of what's going around him. After his Roy of The Rovers season so far, I'd love to see him included in the starting 11.
    Very strong in the keeper dept.
    The back four could be got at but if he picks who I think he might then they could firm a formidable barrier.
    Start Delle Ali and build the midfield around him. I'd keep Rooney on the bench and use him as an impact sub. He's been woeful for Nited this year and only started to play recently. Great FA Cup final aside, he's shown no real firm.
    Vardy and Kane /Rashford would be your worst nightmare as a centre half.
    Nuisances who can play a bit.
    It's only fear of established teams that might cause England to come up short but I think they could make s real fist of it this time.

Should have taken Defoe instead of a couple of the sick notes / unproven players.

The Euros are no time to blood young players for the future. The future starts tomorrow. What would I consider a successful tournament? Reaching the final and nothing less.

Blog Entries
    Can't see past Germany or France. As a Scot I wish England well and they have a shot despite Woy

Would drop Rooney and go for some younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    I believe I can trump you both... someone drew Romania, on my behalf, because I was not in the office.

Master
    I (like many others from what I can gather) am not keen on Hodgson in the slightest, never have been even though he's had not a bad career in management . . . . . . . . However . . . . . . . To be fair to the guy he's been getting results and results that matter. When England don't qualify (I remember 94 well) it's a real pity watching a tournament without a real vested interest, so I'm backing him and hoping with the squad he's got we'll go far.

I've got a strong feeling everything is just right at the moment - Vardy could be a one season wonder - but it's this season. Rashford is on a high - like Rooney and Owen at a similar age in tournaments. Kane is consistently netting and playing anyone combination of them with Rooney as a sub could be a fantastic combo. Goal is strong, defensive and midfield can hold their own.

Quite keen on watching the first game but it will be on at 3am here! Whats the thought, go to bed for a couple of hours and then get up to watch the game or power through until the game starts?

Actually decided to power through!!
    Last edited by JoePattinson; 11th June 2016 at 16:27.

Come on you Lions........................

https://youtu.be/EUQ6WBaZXCo

Is Glenn Hoddle wearing Spanx?
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Is Glenn Hoddle wearing Spanx?
    Has the woman just got out of a hospital bed?

Them Ruskies will be drugged to the eyeballs as usual.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Has the woman just got out of a hospital bed?

She's wearing a loose-fitting top because Glenn got to the body-shaper before she did
    ______

​Jim.

The Bear bit back, fair play though, missed too many chances. Is it me or does Wrighty look like Alf garnet?

How many chances did we miss??

I knew the Russkies would get one back at the end, I've seen it all before.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

How much did City pay for Sterling? What a waste. He even got 90 minutes in. Wilshere for Rooney was a mistake to me. The bloke has started one game since August and should be nowhere near the squad. The overall performance wasn't bad but my MotM were the two fullbacks. Why was Harry Kane taking corners? I've been watching football for nigh on 60 years and I realise I know nothing.

Lambs to the slaughter.

Imagine how many goals England would have won by if we had as much passion as Wales. :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smoz View Post
    With the new 24 team format three points and a zero goal difference should be enough to qualify in third place from the group stages (according to the chart I will post below), so I don't expect to see a great deal of attacking football in the early games. In theory a team could win the tournament without scoring a single goal. I imagine that things will pick up once we get to the group stages.

I will be getting behind Wales as three of their squad are Palace players.

Heading out to France for the later rounds, got tickets for two quarter finals and both semifinals.
    Based on your odds calculator were 98% qualified in reality and possibly more :-)

Let's hope that Woy starts against Slovakia with the team that finished today. What Sterling was doing on the pitch again is a mystery to me.

Master
    Not very impressed by Germany so far...

Craftsman
    Germany were poor tonight, but they will still go all the way to the semis at least.

I think we could go as far as them on todays showing though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    How much did City pay for Sterling?
    £49m. I know this as I'm a Liverpool fan and we are usually terrible in the transfer market. That was a very good bit of business however.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rmblaikie View Post
    Germany were poor tonight, but they will still go all the way to the semis at least.

I think we could go as far as them on todays showing though.
    You are right, but more because of lack of serious competition than anything else.

£50m Sterling? He runs with little sticky out kangaroo arms. His positional play and ball control is shocking. Not that he cares though. £50m.

Defoe would have buried that opportunity he blew.