closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any 40-45 mm ABC's out there!?

Any 40-45 mm ABC's out there!?

I've googled and searched and shopped and googled some more! I'd like to try an outdoor watch specifically for walking and climbing, the main features being altimeter, barometer & compass.

I prefer analogue for time telling as I much prefer reading hands than a digital display, so it'll be an Ani-Digi. The last problem is it must be practical to wear and imo anything bigger than 45 mm wont do.

I've researched the casio's and suunto's but nothing's hitting the mark, any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jon

Journeyman
    T-touch

Master
    I used a Casio PRW 3000t although not ana digital very comfortable and did not wear too large.

Now use Suunto Traverse but a pain as it's great just as a walking watch but because you have too charge it no use as a daily wearer.

Thinking of going back to Casio and this one is 47mm but again not too large on the wrist.

http://www.expeditelectronics.com/pr...FUmeGwodc70JXQ

Craftsman

Tissot

T touch 2nd Gen. I have one ......

If stuck on analogue and 40-45mm, you might try a Seiko monster and use a compass (I'm not being facetious, I did that for many years). The ABC watches tend to be bigger, but some recent ones are a little more manageable. Don't go by Casio's measurements, you really have to try them on.

My review of the PRG-270 includes some wrist shots and a field report. I see this model on the wrists of retirement-age Japanese hikers all the time, and it doesn't look too large. I have some multi-function analogue watches and they are interesting, but not ideal for reading in poor conditions. The size and digital screen on the PRG-270 is one of its good points, along with the very simple ease of use.

Paul

Thanks for the ideas guys, much approached. Now looking at Tissot T Touch ii and the Pro Trek.

Thanks too Paul - take a compass every time but it's the wear-without-care basher and altitude function I was most interested in. Have used my Fortis B-42 until now but some scrambling gave it some decent scuffs recently. Taking a 2nd look at the PRG 270 too..

Thanks,
    Jon