closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking to buy a Grand Seiko SBGA011 Snowflake

Apprentice

Looking to buy a Grand Seiko SBGA011 Snowflake

Hi,

Looking to add one of these to my (small) collection, it looks absolutely great, I've just never had a titanium watch before and I'd really like to see one 'in the flesh' as it were before I pulled the trigger.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I could see/feel/drool over one in London or the surrounding area (I'm near Heathrow)

If anyone were to have any photos/opinions they would like to share I'd appreciate them.

Graham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swindon.

Master
    I have just bought a SBGA 109, which is the same watch with a slightly more complex face pattern. The basics: these are very conservative designs, classic, restrained, the opposite of showy. Compared (say) with Rolex they can initially seem a bit disappointing. However the quality of finish, and the attention to detail is very striking. These are beautifully made watches...but that attention to detail doesn't matter to everyone.
    The titanium makes these watches very light indeed. The bracelet is good, but not to Rolex standard (for me), bit more standard Seiko than Grand Seiko really. The real treat is the spring-drive movement. These watches are seriously accurate. Mine has gained 0.5 seconds in four days; they'll do that regardless of how you wear the watch, how you place it and so on....just great accuracy. That gets a bit addictive.
    So, classic quality watches with a fabulous attention to detail. But they are under stated and won't ever impress anyone. You buy these for yourself, no-one else will give them a second thought. But they will deliver wonderful quality and precision for decades.
    Left field choice then: but I'm glad I bought one. They are , for me, not 'better' than a Rolex, but they are a fascinating alternative for the more adventurous buyer.

As long as you're not paying with American Express, Peplows will do you an immediate £500 off their 5k listed price. You could turn up with hard cash and try for a bit more if you're bold enough.
    Jura in Leeds will do the same deal unprompted too.
    Just an FYI.....
    Those are good prices for new. A Japanese import will run £ 3730 plus the inevitable taxation when it reaches British shores so you're up to £ 4476 so not much in it really.....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    As long as you're not paying with American Express, Peplows will do you an immediate £500 off their 5k listed price. You could turn up with hard cash and try for a bit more if you're bold enough.
    Jura in Leeds will do the same deal unprompted too.
    Just an FYI.....
    Those are good prices for new. A Japanese import will run £ 3730 plus the inevitable taxation when it reaches British shores so you're up to £ 4476 so not much in it really.....
    Thanks, that's good to know, I'm in Birmingham on Tuesday morning, I'll give them a call to see if they have one in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by POGraham View Post
    Thanks, that's good to know, I'm in Birmingham on Tuesday morning, I'll give them a call to see if they have one in stock.

If I recall correctly, it's not in stock but the lady on the phone reckoned it wouldn't be a prob to source.
    Let's know what they say
    Oh and of course, pics please if it lands haha

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    If I recall correctly, it's not in stock but the lady on the phone reckoned it wouldn't be a prob to source.
    Let's know what they say
    Will do, I have sent them an e-mail and will follow it up with a call in the morning.

I've got one. I absolutely love it. I own a lot of watches, including 4 GS Spring Drives.... and this is my favourite.
    The Titanium is warm and light, the quality of the watch just stands out, and the Spring Drive movement is awesome. The SBGA011 has to be one of the best watches in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    I've got one. I absolutely love it. I own a lot of watches, including 4 GS Spring Drives.... and this is my favourite.
    How did you buy it? UK purchase or import?

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    How did you buy it? UK purchase or import?
    I bought it from a forum member right here on SC about 3 years ago. It was almost new, the paperwork is stamped from a dealer in Thailand about 3 months previously.

Never get tired of this dial,

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    The Titanium is warm and light, the quality of the watch just stands out, and the Spring Drive movement is awesome. The SBGA011 has to be one of the best watches in the world.

Looks superb. If I had bigger wrist this would be the GS I would get.

However, for me it is going down to a choice between SBGR087 and the SBGR059, but that is no bad thing!

pfff chaps - I've got a WTB on one and no one has bitten at all! I guess no one is getting tired of these

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    pfff chaps - I've got a WTB on one and no one has bitten at all! I guess no one is getting tired of these
    'Sorry

Apprentice
    No luck so far, no reply to my e-mail, called them this morning and am still awaiting a call back, was hoping to view one tomorrow but that's looking unlikely now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_esearch View Post
    Looks superb. If I had bigger wrist this would be the GS I would get.

However, for me it is going down to a choice between SBGR087 and the SBGR059, but that is no bad thing!

Definitely go for the SBGR087, it has a lovely textured white dial.

The SBGR059 is lifeless in real life, doesn't pop at all, the dial is a light grey tone, was really unimpressed when I held it