closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 29 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 21010

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    I picked this one up from David Duggan's on Monday.

Freshly serviced and lightly polished by Patek Philippe UK :)

Just noticed this. Simply beautiful !!!

^^^^^^^^
    Thanks Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't out looking but bumped into this, tried it on and the rest is history. Experimenting with straps currently..21mm lugs Arrrgh

I'm not one for new watches normally so the patina needs to kick in fast!!

I've wanted this watch for over 3 years. Yes it may be 'just another SKX' to some but for me it's just as important and exciting as any watch in my collection.

Big thanks to
    http://www.skywatches.com.sg/index.php for actually getting more stock and not charging a ridiculous price! (I very nearly caved and bought a used one for a lot more money a few months ago). 7 days from ordering to delivery from Singapore to the UK using the free P&P option, no customs charges either.

SKX011J

Right, I know I've said it before, but no more watches until the winter........

Craftsman
    Some pics and an update when it arrives would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I've got this on my way to me, I'm buying it on behalf of a friend who asked me to find a vintage watch with interesting numerals. I'll get to spend a couple of days with it, checking that all is well

Quote Originally Posted by Grandsire View Post
    Some pics and an update when it arrives would be great
    Sure! I've had it for almost a week. It's running well, and has tonnes of presence for its little 36mm. The linen dial is silver, so it still gleams beautifully. The black applied numerals really stand out and the sensible black lines mean readability is always good.

I can't get over how little it is for an auto without giving any clues that it is on - I can't hear or feel the rotor.

I've put it on a mid brown strap, but it needs a strap with a lot more character - the red fire lizard strap my friend has will be equal to the dials colour and busyness

Flat on its back and wound once a day it gained about 11 s/d. On the wrist it's gaining a little more than that, presumably as the PR is nicely topped up? At my rate, an excellent result for a 44 year old mid-range watch! The condition of the dial and hands excellent, case fine, crystal ok.

Last edited by Der Amf; 27th June 2016 at 18:15.

Craftsman
    That's awesome to hear, especially about the clarity of the dial. I literally just bought one from Japan the moment I asked previously (and based only on your previous picture) so thanks for your update. This one seems to be a little rarer than most LM's and doesn't have the plastic date changer that can fail. Lord Matics seem to be aimed at the middle classes at the time, just love the monocoque case design. A great looking watch and a lot of money saved against an old oyster perpetual that I had wanted.

Sure! I've had it for almost a week. It's running well, and has tonnes of presence for its little 36mm. The linen dial is silver, so it still gleams beautifully. The black applied numerals really stand out and the sensible black lines mean readability is always good.

I can't get over how little it is for an auto without giving any clues that it is on - I can't hear or feel the rotor.

I've put it on a mid brown strap, but it needs a strap with a lot more character - the red fire lizard strap my friend has will be equal to the dials colour and busyness

Flat on its back and wound once a day it gained about 11 s/d. On the wrist it's gaining a little more than that, presumably as the PR is nicely topped up? At my rate, an excellent result for a 44 year old mid-range watch! The condition of the dial and hands excellent, case fine, crystal ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandsire View Post
    That's awesome to hear, especially about the clarity of the dial. I literally just bought one from Japan the moment I asked previously (and based only on your previous picture) so thanks for your update. This one seems to be a little rarer than most LM's and doesn't have the plastic date changer that can fail. Lord Matics seem to be aimed at the middle classes at the time, just love the monocoque case design. A great looking watch and a lot of money saved against an old oyster perpetual that I had wanted.
    Have to say that if it didn't have the numerals, which aren't quite my thing, despite being so beautifully done, I would be having a hard time handing it over to my friend ;)

Has yours got the bracelet too?

Master
    Very nice watch that Der Amf! Jealous of your friend...

Craftsman
    Have to say that if it didn't have the numerals, which aren't quite my thing, despite being so beautifully done, I would be having a hard time handing it over to my friend ;)

Has yours got the bracelet too?
    Yes. With the easy fit extension clasp. Nice touch. The numerals make it for me. Rare to find on a non military vintage watch especially applied.

January 1985 6309-7040. Only the insert and crystal (correct replacement) aren't original.

Been fully stripped, serviced and pressure tested by The Seiko Yoda. The DAL1BP arrived from Seiya at the same time - this is as close to the original strap the watch had when new as you can get.

Duncan reports it's running at around +2spd.

There's just something about these that keeps me coming back to them.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 29th June 2016 at 11:46.

Master
    This one landed yesterday. There is something very satisfying, almost liberating about a simple three handed auto with a plain, very legible dial with date. It does everything I need it to. No more, no less. No overstyled fussiness, modest size and price, light and comfortable. The case finish may not be to everyone's taste, but I quite like it. A candidate for the 'one' watch if I was so inclined (which I am not).

Irrespective of where it came from I'm absolutely loving this-

Perfect size, not blingy but not too shabby either ;)

Craftsman
    Also not too plain, not too detailed. Beautiful watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pstruck View Post
    This one landed yesterday. There is something very satisfying, almost liberating about a simple three handed auto with a plain, very legible dial with date. It does everything I need it to. No more, no less. No overstyled fussiness, modest size and price, light and comfortable. The case finish may not be to everyone's taste, but I quite like it. A candidate for the 'one' watch if I was so inclined (which I am not).

I didn't knew this model? Witch one is it? Combat? Size?
    I have had an Incursore 44mm manual, awesome watch that never failed but was a little too big for my wrist. And had a crystal case back that has nothing to do on a tool watch IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    Irrespective of where it came from I'm absolutely loving this-
    My favourite manufacture, elegant and understated but with panache. Congratulations.

Craftsman

Perfect size, not blingy but not too shabby either ;)
    Wow. What a beautiful watch. Congratulations. This has been on the short list for a very long time. I think the sharp hands work so well with the delicate moonphase.

Is this just for dress? I posted earlier about possibly dressing this down as I don't need to wear suits.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    Wow. What a beautiful watch. Congratulations. This has been on the short list for a very long time. I think the sharp hands work so well with the delicate moonphase.

Is this just for dress? I posted earlier about possibly dressing this down as I don't need to wear suits.

It's my everyday at the moment but I do wear a suit. Possibly too dressy as its slimness does make it more so. The other watch I was looking at was a memovox, that would work better in dress down IMO and a cool complication

Last edited by daveyw; 30th June 2016 at 17:01.

Craftsman
    It's my everyday at the moment but I do wear a suit. Possibly too dressy as its slimness does make it more so. The other watch I was looking at was a memovox, that would work better in dress down IMO and a cool complication

Cheers Daveyw. Will check out the Memovox. In a similar vein, I love the new Cognac Tudor Advisor.... Check that out...

My new Breguet Tradition 7027 Yellow Gold. Somewhat marmite perhaps and not for everyday wear, this is a Breguet homage to THE Breguet's souscription watches and reflects many aspects of these. Not for wearing when you want a low profile!

NOS Squale Tiger from the early 70's...

Master
    Grand Seiko Hi Beat GMT, tried it on at Deacons in Swindon also tried a Rolex GMT Master II but decided to splash my cash on the Grand Seiko, very pleased so far.

^^^^Truly stunning

Master
    Love the look of the Hi Beat GMT, what a beautiful watch!

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    Grand Seiko Hi Beat GMT, tried it on at Deacons in Swindon also tried a Rolex GMT Master II but decided to splash my cash on the Grand Seiko, very pleased so
    This is stunning - really impressed by the GS. Love the dial texture. Wish I could get one but it would be betraying my Swiss ties!

Last edited by RG1825; 2nd July 2016 at 14:47.

Another reissue to keep the blue turtle company on the summer hols. Been waiting for these to come up in the sales so couldn't resist..

Just got back from the smoke having met up with Idc0001 this morning.

Been after one of these for a while now, so well pleased:

Big thanks to Ian.

I picked up this beauty recently. Almost bought it several times but eventually got a deal too good to refuse so went for it

Last edited by ataripower; 2nd July 2016 at 19:41.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    This is such a beautiful "mod" I am thinking of doing the same to my FOIS! Where did you get the dial from if I may ask?

I did a similar sort of my mod to my tintin to make it a Gemini ... dials are available on ebay ...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301979972007

Prices seem to be going up monthly!

Journeyman

The Seiko I received a few days ago.....

.....I was able to hand over to my friend this weekend. He's really pleased with it. The bracelet had no hope of fitting over his fist let alone doing up, so he's put it on the fire lizard strap that's been on the Wostok he's been borrowing off me:

When I tried it out for a couple of days it was running at +15s/d, so hopefully it won't be needing a service for a while. He likes to wear his watch right down at the heel of his hand, so a small watch like this is much more in line with his tastes than current fashions, despite his being a sodding huge lump of Australian.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I picked up this beauty recently. Almost bought it several times but eventually got a deal too good to refuse so went for it

amazing piece!

Craftsman
    Mine arrived today. 9mm thick, monocoque case, hacking and handwind, linen dial, applied numerals, spring loaded comfort clasp extension, and in original barely used condition. Just over $120 - Lovely :)

The Seiko I received a few days ago.....

.....I was able to hand over to my friend this weekend. He's really pleased with it. The bracelet had no hope of fitting over his fist let alone doing up, so he's put it on the fire lizard strap that's been on the Wostok he's been borrowing off me:

When I tried it out for a couple of days it was running at +15s/d, so hopefully it won't be needing a service for a while. He likes to wear his watch right down at the heel of his hand, so a small watch like this is much more in line with his tastes than current fashions, despite his being a sodding huge lump of Australian.

Journeyman

Master
    Just acquired this from John (Hammond) and well chuffed with it. Lovely condition and wonderfully quirky in a not so useful but great kind of way. It wears really nicely although it's only ever going to be an occasional wearer as I'm much more Reginald Molehusband than Jim Clark in my driving and watch wearing! Possible age giveaways included.

This Breitling Steelfish just arrived today from Steve it's on the Breitling strap at the moment and I must say it's extremely comfortable, the Steelfish doesn't wear like a lot of the other similar Breitlings I've owned, it's smaller as in not so chunky and so weighs less, the understated black dial is absolutely fantastic and the attention to details is first class, I also received the bracelet with this watch which I'll put on in a few days but I will enjoy the strap until then, overall very impressed with this Breitling and I've owned quite a few in my time, now off to the Breitling Appreciation thread 

Master
    All Wayne's fault......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    All Wayne's fault......

Always been intriuged by this one - assumed it would be much too big for me but it does look fantastic! Hope you enjoy it, please post a proper shot upon arrival!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    Always been intriuged by this one - assumed it would be much too big for me but it does look fantastic! Hope you enjoy it, please post a proper shot upon arrival!
    Will do. I was near the Omega Boutique when Wayne posted about it so popped in to check it out as I thought it would be too big but was pleasantly surprised.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    I've wanted this watch for over 3 years. Yes it may be 'just another SKX' to some but for me it's just as important and exciting as any watch in my collection.

Big thanks to
    http://www.skywatches.com.sg/index.php for actually getting more stock and not charging a ridiculous price! (I very nearly caved and bought a used one for a lot more money a few months ago). 7 days from ordering to delivery from Singapore to the UK using the free P&P option, no customs charges either.

SKX011J

Right, I know I've said it before, but no more watches until the winter........

Snap! (kind of)

Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    Snap! (kind of)
    Very nice, I'm wearing my SKX011 on one of Eddies Deluxe Nato's.

Master
    Quite by chance I've ended up getting a Seamaster Americas's Cup "Limited Edition". I've always been an fan of the Seamasters, especially the sword hand ones - I've had a beautiful titanium Seamaster (2231.50) which I still miss. I've also considered the classic black bezel 2254.50, but I think it's a bit too close to the Sub to make sense for me.

Now this one...In 1999 Omega made a "limited edition" run of 9999 pieces (not that limited...) of these. Beautiful white gold bezel, Bond-bracelet and a dial with AC print. It's really a dressy diver with lots of bling, it's like the Yacht Master's cousin... I'm not sure what the original price was, but I guess it was not such a hot seller since these were available NOS still in 2010 if I remember correctly. Mine is very late one in the 9999 pieces series and the serial number indicates this one to be from around 2007 (I don't have the original papers for this).

In the last couple of year I believe they've become more sought after - now it seems the price range for used ones to be quite wide. You can find well used ones for decent money, but top examples command top money as well. I was lucky in finding a really mint one at a reasonable price. It's a nice watch, the case is flat, bracelet is comfortable and I like the bezel. I guess it would be even better with the "non-ac" dial, but on the other hand I don't want to change the watch from the original design.

I've just taken delivery of this supplied by our very own Haywood Milton. A stunning V serial example with full set. Very happy!!

Keeping the Haywood Milton theme running, remember he posted this article last September.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...+floating+dial

I went over to his shop yesterday and bought the watch in the article from him.

Master
    My first Rolex - everything about this is making me smile!

Last edited by IanBear; 9th July 2016 at 15:13.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    My first Rolex - everything about this is making me smile!

Nice one - looks great!

Very happy to have a black B-1 back in the collection...

Not sure about the UTC at the moment though, so switched to mesh for now...

Blog Entries

Just collected this...

Feels nicely put together - and short lugs means it feels ok despite the 44mm diameter.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 21st July 2016 at 23:39. Reason: Better pic

Journeyman

Pick this up today. Had to pay £21 import charges. Changed the cheap looking croc strap but other than that, not bad for a Kickstarter watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    Very happy to have a black B-1 back in the collection...Not sure about the UTC at the moment though, so switched to mesh for now...
    Is it uncomfortable to wear? I've always imagined that it would be given its like having a 20mm long bracelet link.