closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A question for the PRS 50

Master

A question for the PRS 50

Hello all,

although I have to admit that when the PRS 50 came out I wasn't too sure about it, however in the last few days I find myseld increasingly looking at pictures of it in the forum.

The overall presence and looks of it seems, for some weird reason, a bit more appealing now than before. But I still get stuck when it comes to the big no radiation logo on the dial, you can't really miss that one.

So, the question is to the owners of the 50 that wear theirs on a daily basis, how do you get on with the no radiation logo? Is is something that it seems to grab your attention in the first few instances of wearing it and it then blends into the background? And do you get the odd looks from people? Did you try going through airport security only to be stopped and searched because of that logo? :lol:

Opinions are appreciated.

Regards

VA

I don't notice it so much now, I think it adds some character to the dial! In many ways it is the bezel that draws my attention more (in a good way).
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I don't notice it. If you think about it you don't see any dial logos after a while with a watch. Your brain filters them out.

The good thing is that other people do and I'd like to think that it makes me look a little less boring than I might otherwise.

The really important issue with the PRS 50 is that the dial, crystal and the acrylic bezel come into their own outdoors. Don't know why exactly but sunlight brings the whole lot to life and makes it truly stunning. Photos taken indoors, however good, don't capture that aspect.

For that reason too, I'm genuinely pleased that I have a non-LE. Its an outdoor having fun watch and there is no chance of mine becoming a safe queen. If it gets lost or damaged in the great outdoors its easy to replace.

Master
    Well, I guess as you all said that it tends to disappear after wearing for a while and getting used to it, like most other features in watches.

Thanks for your replies

VA

I also don't notice it any longer.

Craftsman
    neither do i. In order to see i , i have to consciously look AT it.

Apprentice
    The bezel, size, deep dial, and no rad logo were the things that
    I am attracted to on the 50. I don't notice the logo much, just
    like I don't notice the brand name. This watch has a distinct
    look when you look at it up close, and then it takes on another
    look when you step back and look at it on your wrist through
    the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    I don't notice it so much now, I think it adds some character to the dial! In many ways it is the bezel that draws my attention more (in a good way).
    I totally agree Dave...and I really love the way the AS winds...sounds fab :)

Sanjay

Master
    Well, I think I know what watch I' ll be buying in the near future....

:lol:

VA

Quote Originally Posted by sparmar1

I totally agree Dave...and I really love the way the AS winds...sounds fab :)

Sanjay
    Absolutely, the winding noise is lovely!
    Dave E

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by raysablade
    I don't notice it. If you think about it you don't see any dial logos after a while with a watch. Your brain filters them out.

The good thing is that other people do and I'd like to think that it makes me look a little less boring than I might otherwise.

Yeah, this watch makes you look less boring too:

Personally, I prefer to sport a boring look. :twisted:

Non-WIS don't in general notice your watch, unless it's very distinctive or blingy. If you like the look of it, that's pretty much all you need to worry about.
    Dave E

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade
    Maturity is the realisation that what you would like to believe and reality are in different places.:wink:

2 workmates have commented on the yellow thing, i started explaining to the first and decided that "it's a logo" was enough for the second. :(