closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My first Longines

Master

My first Longines

A quick photo of my new Hydroconquest. My first new watch in quite a while.

Only had it a few days but am enjoying its sensible size and it seems to be very well put together.

Also trying out uploading a phone photo so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I like the guarded crown. Fancy one of these myself; always check the SC posts for these. One day.........

Craftsman
    You're right about the "sensible size". I didn't intend for mine to ever become a daily wearer but I bought an Isofrane for it for a holiday and now I don't want to take it off!

I've always liked the hydro conquest and much prefer this one with the 12 numbered dial. Which colour did you go for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    It's black and is the result of a rather long drive to Bicester Village outlet.

Master
    Managed to get one of the VIP discount cards that are meant for overseas tourists too which was very fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete21 View Post
    I've always liked the hydro conquest and much prefer this one with the 12 numbered dial. Which colour did you go for?
    I'm the opposite, preferring the earlier model, but this is still a nice watch.

Enjoy!

M.

Master

My first Longines

Here is a slightly less arty photo

That is a nice piece, i feel like i should treat myself :)

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

Master
    What model number is it, L3.695.4.53.6? 41mm auto?
    Last edited by oiljam; 13th July 2016 at 23:03.

Master

My first Longines

Not sure of the exact model no. It might be L3.689.4.53.6 from a quick search, it's 41mm quartz

Solid smooth watch. The lume on these things is also good.

Master
    Really nice hands too!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

Enjoy!

M.
    I had this version until I sold it. Needed funds for another purchase but I've regretted it ever since. Such a nice watch for the money.

Will end up buying another at some point no doubt.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    Solid smooth watch. The lume on these things is also good.
    Do you know something I don't? Haha. I've never been impressed with the lume on my HC. In fact I think it's the only point that lets it down.

However I, like 90% of the dive watch owners on this forum, never need to look at my watch while in the dark dark depths of the sea, nor do I use it in the middle of the night, so it's academic really ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by EdHughes1 View Post
    It's black and is the result of a rather long drive to Bicester Village outlet.

Is this a new shop in Bicester village? I haven't seen Longines there before. What are the prices like?

I have the auto model of this but would actually prefer it in quartz.

Master
    It's the shop that sells all of the Swatch group brands. Never been before so I'm not sure if new. They stocked swatch, mido, Hamilton, tissot, Longines, certina etc most prices were about a third off. They had several Hydroconquest with the red bezel, I think mine was the only black one.

A lot of watch for the money, always fancied the red bezel version.

Journeyman
    lovely watch 👍

Journeyman
    Lovely watch !
    With a 70's style !

I have a 39mm auto in red. Lovely watch but as mentioned the lume isn't very good, also I struggled to get a good fit on the bracelet due to not having a half link.

Cheers

Journeyman
    " also I struggled to get a good fit on the bracelet due to not having a half link."

similar situation here so my HC wears slightly looser than i'd prefer it to be. i tried to adjust the micro clasp points soon after buying it and it broke 1 of the pins. Luckily my local mappin and webb fixed it for free. But its micro adjuster is still in the same position as it was so i don't dare to try and change it again.
    also the bracelet clasp is quite stiff to undo. I prefer the clasps on my Rado and CW to the Longines.

I had the HC as my first 'good' watch, same version as the op, in black, automatic and purchased from Goldsmiths for circa £800. A lovely watch. I traded it for a Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon which despite an undeniable uplift, I never quiet liked so much. Enjoy. The natural progression is of course an Omega Diver. I should have gone from the HC to a Bond SMP I guess for the natural progression. Though in 'our' hobby things rarely go according to plan, which is why I'm sat here wearing a 1972 Omega f300 Cone, purchased from this fair forum
    Last edited by Nigeyp; 15th July 2016 at 19:51.

Quote Originally Posted by MelbournSimon View Post
    " also I struggled to get a good fit on the bracelet due to not having a half link."

similar situation here so my HC wears slightly looser than i'd prefer it to be. i tried to adjust the micro clasp points soon after buying it and it broke 1 of the pins. Luckily my local mappin and webb fixed it for free. But its micro adjuster is still in the same position as it was so i don't dare to try and change it again.
    also the bracelet clasp is quite stiff to undo. I prefer the clasps on my Rado and CW to the Longines.
    I had the same issue with mine, I thought I had been heavy handed and sourced a pin myself, believe it or not from an Alpha PO Homage! And yes the clasp was far too tight, not having a push button it relies on a push fit, I had to squeeze mine together slightly in the split in the clasp. It was smooth then but if you squeeze too much a little loose.
    Last edited by Nigeyp; 15th July 2016 at 19:48.

Quote Originally Posted by paulh246 View Post
    Is this a new shop in Bicester village? I haven't seen Longines there before. What are the prices like?

I have the auto model of this but would actually prefer it in quartz.
    I believe it may be the small Hour Passion shop that opened up there about a year ago I think, maybe less. I bought a Hamilton in there.

Had a HC awhile ago, really liked it, but the bracelet drove me potty not being able to a good fit, so sold it. I believe it has been mentioned on other posts that a half link from another model is available that will fit, can't recall how long ago it was.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

Enjoy!

M.
    Same here, I prefer the old one, the dial is less busy than the new one for me. I fell in love with the blue version, yet never got around to getting one, then other watches came along. I still keep my eye out for one though.. Lovely watches, hugely undervalued.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I believe it may be the small Hour Passion shop that opened up there about a year ago I think, maybe less. I bought a Hamilton in there.
    Yes that's right I have just checked my receipt and it is Hour Passion.

If anyone wants an auto version they had one red bezel auto. A little over £500 from memory. Authorised stockists too so full 2 year warranty.