closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommendations for beach holiday - mid October

Blog Entries

Recommendations for beach holiday - mid October

I'm back from my free enforced sandy holiday mid October and the wife and I are looking to go somewhere for a relaxing beach holiday, ideally all inclusive, no kids. Most of the obvious places are out due to Hurricane season/ getting cold and rainy, we've already been to Mauritius so that's out and we would prefer not to go to far away. Does anyone have any good recommendations?
    Thanks in advance.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Keep it local and go to Greece?
    Ionian Sea is the nicest bit in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and stay safe on your other 'holiday' mate.

Craftsman
    If Turkey settles down it would tick all your boxes and can have lovely weather at that time of year.

Recommendations for beach holiday - mid October

Pissouri beach Columbia hotel Cyprus
    Last edited by raptor; 18th July 2016 at 15:46.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neillp View Post
    If Turkey settles down it would tick all your boxes and can have lovely weather at that time of year.
    Even local Turkish families in my hometown aren't keen on going this holiday... Turkey's situation would worry me more than the hurricane season.

Back to your question: Mexico's west coast is hurricane-free. Lots of all-in resorts there!

Menno

Head as far south and east of the Med as you can and the weather will be the most favourable, and the sea still at its warmest. Somewhere like Crete is a good bet.

Don't forget that it's will get dark pretty early in the evenings, so that is a drawback.

Master
    I will be going to Mallorca in early October - I was there last year as well and the weather is just perfect that time of the year.

Stop feeding the turks with your money and give the European nations a try!

Craftsman
    We've done Cyprus in October and it was beautiful.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cape Verde, never rains sun is always out and the sea is warm. But there is nothing else to do, but you said beach holiday

Master
    Canary Islands are a good bet.

Pete

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Cape Verde, never rains sun is always out and the sea is warm. But there is nothing else to do, but you said beach holiday
    We went there a few years ago and our abiding memory is the relentless wind.

Not able to sit on the beach as we were literally sandblasted, very uncomfortable and put us off going again. There is a good reason why the hotels are surrounded by walls!
    Last edited by JeremyO; 18th July 2016 at 18:54.

Master
    Been to Fujairah a couple of times in October which is about an hour and a half outside Dubai. Stayed in the the Rotana resort All Inclusive, quiet place,nice beach, perfect weather and good value.

I always use a company called Travel Counsellors, independent people that have worked in the industry etc..... Good deals and a very good personal service.

Recommend Makarska in Croatia. Beautiful coastline, beach excellent and should be warmish. Sea temp. in October 68f. There's a very good hotel we can recommend with superb staff.

http://www.visit-croatia.co.uk/index...arska-riviera/

I was looking for much the same last week, except with kids. We settled for the Algarve. Weather should still be good and there were some great deals with BA.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks for all the suggestions, it gives me a good starting point. Thanks again.

Hello

Anywhere in Croatia but Rovinj is beautiful. I'd move there tomorrow if I could!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcoll View Post
    Canary Islands are a good bet.

Pete

Yep. Tenerife every year in November for us. The weather is nice, 25-30. As for no kids, well there are always some around, but some hotels are kid free and advertise themselves as such.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Rhodes.

The sea will be like a bath in October :)

Master
    Alnwick - proper bracing in October!

Always go to the Algarve end of october and usually get cracking weather... less crowded, less pricy - food is superb.

we've been here 3 years in a row:

http://www.granderealsantaeulaliahotel.com/

has its own beach , night club, heated pool and loads of other pools, spa, and walking distance from the chavvy part of town - plenty to do in the area

Gran Canaria would be my choice, love it down there and along the seafront between Maspalomas and Playa Meloneras there are 3 Lopesan hotels and 2 Riu's, all of which are 5* and offer all inc. We stayed at the Lopesan Baobab in Feb on a half board deal and it was absolutely fantastic, it's not on the sea front, so is significantly cheaper than its sister hotels, but with a garden view room on the 4th floor we had amazing views of the sunrise, the Maspalomas Dunes and could see the sea from the balcony. I would totally recommend it, and based on it i'm sure the other two Lopesan's would be great too.

Craftsman
    Canaries is lovely that time of the year, I can recommend Costa Tegeuise in Lanzarote. Ignore the "Lanzagrote" comments, it's a beautiful place.

My friends parents moved there a few years ago and I got twice a year; nice beaches, great food, markets, great for cycling, cheap drinks and not full of louts.

~4hour flight and expect mid-to-high 20s. I was there having a BBQ on Crimbo Day and it was 28 degrees :)

Another friend stays at one of the All Inclusive as he can't stand the kids in regular hotels :)

Had some good breaks in Mallorca at that time
    northern coast or Cala santanyi area would get my vote- not too many other brits

Blog Entries
    Many thanks, Croatis looks really nice however the temperature has dropped somewhat by the time we are there. Have found some nice places in Rhodes, Mallorca, Gran Canaria and Lamzarote, some with nice golf courses nearby too which is a bonus!

Apprentice
    If it's sun and golf you're after, I recommend the Canaries. Constant sun with a breeze that takes the edge off the humidity - enjoy!

Craftsman
    Hurgharda ? We have a week booked early Nov.

Come to Turks and Caicos- hurricane chances not so high in October, before season really gets started so you may get a deal on the rate and beaches pretty quiet.
    If you want all inclusive then look at Beaches - otherwise condo based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk