closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Deadwood was amazing but I can't get over the fact that they binned it after 3 seasons with no notice, no conclusions and a lot more story to tell!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I know there's been a lot of talk over the years about a movie but it looks like it's actually happening this time http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/3...-being-written

Fingers crossed it does happen as it's one of the best TV series I've seen.

Master
    Mr Robot has got a lot of good praise on here but I'm struggling a little with it having binge-watched 7 episodes - can't see where it's going and unevenly paced. That said I can see the quality and hope that it will start coming together.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Mr Robot has got a lot of good praise on here but I'm struggling a little with it having binge-watched 7 episodes - can't see where it's going and unevenly paced. That said I can see the quality and hope that it will start coming together.
    Season 1 was great.

Season 2 so far is rubbish if you ask me.

Other things

True Detective Season 1 ( amazing)
    True Detective Season 2 ( alos amazing but they should never have called it True Detective , watch it on its own terms instead and its a great drama)

The Expanse ( please watch this if you like scifi)

Halt and Catch Fire (2 seasons so far with a third coming soon) Please watch this its brilliant , the characters and acting are so deep and believable as real people with all sorts of faults.

Another vote for Stranger Things - although it is essentially just a bunch of different source materials merged in to one show - brilliantly cast. Not that the writers have claimed any different.

I'm enjoying Silicon Valley, but that's prob because I work in tech and there are lot of character archetypes in there I come across on a daily basis.

Similar vein 'Halt and Catch Fire' is really good based around the time of the birth of the PC (and loosely based on Compaq in Houston).

For throw away fun / guilty pleasures i do like Ballers.

Much as I hate to just repeat what others have said, Stranger Things is the best show I've watched this year, Better Call Saul is class, Jessica Jones and Daredevil great stuff if you want an alternative to the standard comic book fare, and Peaky Blinders is a must see

Quote Originally Posted by wilfmannion View Post
    Much as I hate to just repeat what others have said, Stranger Things is the best show I've watched this year, Better Call Saul is class, Jessica Jones and Daredevil great stuff if you want an alternative to the standard comic book fare, and Peaky Blinders is a must see
    Yet another thanks for Stranger Things - great fun and some nice nostalgia bits.....some nice throwbacks to ET, Poltergeist and Stephen King tales like Firestarter for example......

even as a manic mother Winona is still hot

Daredevil I've recommended before but it is superb.... Preacher weird but good.....

For a bit of hokum entertainment, "The Strain" is easy watching and stars David Bradley (Walder Frey in GoT).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    I know there's been a lot of talk over the years about a movie but it looks like it's actually happening this time http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/3...-being-written

Craftsman
    Just working my way through Stranger Things now, gone through 3 episodes this evening.

Other series I've been into/caught up on:

Gomorrah
    Making a Murderer
    House of Cards
    Peaky Blinders
    Line of Duty
    Luther
    Better Call Saul

Netflix is thoroughly recommended btw, given the free trial and easy cancellation policy, it's a no-brainer IMO.

Another for Stranger Things. I love the whole 80's feel of it. Unfortunately, I read a spoiler on Facebook...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post

Wow let's hope so. As others have said it was so disappointing the way it just . . . . Err disappeared!

Hopefully they'll get the cast back together. Ian McShane is a brilliant actor, I was really hoping his appearance in GOT would be a permanent one, not the seemingly 4 1/2 minutes he had