closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

I'm not the first to say it but if you have Netflix, ignore everything else mentioned in this thread until you've watched Stranger Things. If you don't have Netflix, get it, then watch Stranger Things.

It's some of the best TV ever made. It's basically what you'd get if John Carpenter and Steven Spielberg got together in the mid-80s to make a 6 hour movie split into 8 parts. It's somewhere halfway between ET and A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Normally even the best TV series has at least one flaw: some bad acting, a slow episode or a plot-hole. I literally cannot think of a single flaw in Stranger Things. The attention to detail is incredible, down to the use of effects reminiscent of those used in the 80s films they're paying homage to. I really hope they make a second season and it lives up to the very high expectations set by the first.

You can do a free trial on Netflix for 30 days if you just want to sign up to watch a series and make your mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post

. I literally cannot think of a single flaw in Stranger Things.
    No babes.

Master
    Most channels will be filled with Olympic crap for the foreseeable future. Oh God.....

We're currently working our way through the original House of Cards (Netflix have thrown another 30 day trial at me) and it's every bit as tightly-written and performed as I remember it. In the light of recent events it's also remarkably topical. We'll probably give the re-make a look-in afterwards so it had better be good to hold our attention.

Roadies on Amazon Prime in the UK is good fun, and beautifully made. By Cameron Crowe, so if you liked Almost Famous you will enjoy it. The same themes, and Rafe Spall gets to be the British guy....

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    We're currently working our way through the original House of Cards (Netflix have thrown another 30 day trial at me) and it's every bit as tightly-written and performed as I remember it. In the light of recent events it's also remarkably topical. We'll probably give the re-make a look-in afterwards so it had better be good to hold our attention.
    It is. It's better than the original, which was brilliant in itself.

I've just started watching Falling Skies, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    It is. It's better than the original, which was brilliant in itself.

I've just started watching Falling Skies, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
    So clever my foot fell off.

On Eddies recommendation I started watching 'The Last Ship' last night...its intriguing, will watch another tonight

I started watching Stranger Things last night after it was recommended here, only 2 episodes in but it has my interest.