closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Would like to sell watch / London

Apprentice

Would like to sell watch / London

Greetings, I’m hoping someone can offer some advice / suggestions.

I recently purchased two Breitling watches, the Breitling Galactic 41 for myself, which my Much Better Half suggested, and the Breitling Galactic 36 as a surprise anniversary present for her.

I love mine to pieces, but unfortunately – the downside to this being a surprise present - my wife loved hers but decided that the 36 was just a bit too big for her liking.

I knew that the shop I was purchasing from did not take returns – I asked just in case <g>. Anyway, I’d like to sell hers while she decides if she wants to go with the 32 or another model.

Can anyone recommend a reputable shop or site that I could sell the watch? It’s literally brand new – was taken out of the box once or twice to try on, never actually ‘worn’.

Even so, I’m aware that I probably won’t get full market value but would like to get something reasonably close if possible.

And more importantly I’d like to know I’m dealing with a reputable shop.

Thanks in advance for your help / suggestions,

You could have tried Google, especially as you are in London.

Try Watchfinder, Watches.co.uk, Watch Club, Watch Gallery - they all buy in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonAsh View Post
    Greetings, I’m hoping someone can offer some advice / suggestions.

I recently purchased two Breitling watches, the Breitling Galactic 41 for myself, which my Much Better Half suggested, and the Breitling Galactic 36 as a surprise anniversary present for her.

I love mine to pieces, but unfortunately – the downside to this being a surprise present - my wife loved hers but decided that the 36 was just a bit too big for her liking.

I knew that the shop I was purchasing from did not take returns – I asked just in case <g>. Anyway, I’d like to sell hers while she decides if she wants to go with the 32 or another model.

Can anyone recommend a reputable shop or site that I could sell the watch? It’s literally brand new – was taken out of the box once or twice to try on, never actually ‘worn’.

Even so, I’m aware that I probably won’t get full market value but would like to get something reasonably close if possible.

And more importantly I’d like to know I’m dealing with a reputable shop.

Thanks in advance for your help / suggestions,
    You can try WatchFinder. They are reputable and will likely give you the best price compared to other preowned watches outlets

Sounds like you're trying to sell it here...

Grand Master
    Worth trying Blowers too.

Paul

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You could have tried Google, especially as you are in London.

Try Watchfinder, Watches.co.uk, Watch Club, Watch Gallery - they all buy in.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I of course have Googled. If Google was the end-all, be-all of any and all information, we wouldn’t need these forums.

Forums such as this one are vastly superior in terms of information quality; I’m not just looking for names of shops I’m hoping to get suggestions from people that have had experiences with the shops in question. Google can't recommend one shop over another, etc.

And yes, I’m in London, but not from here originally so don’t know the market that well.

Txs in advance,

PS: and no, I'm not trying to sell via the forum. My trust setting is rather too low for that yet (g)
    Last edited by DragonAsh; 2nd August 2016 at 13:12.

Banned
    Just to forewarn, I’d expect you to get less than 60% of RRP.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to sell it here...
    That's what I was thinking...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Just to forewarn, I’d expect you to get less than 60% of RRP.
    OP - If you're selling to high-street dealer - I think you'd be lucky to get 50% of MRP. I saw those watches on sale in an AD with 30% off in London as they had a sale on - that's brand new.

You could try all those mentioned - plus Austin Kaye | Luxury pre-owned watches for men and women - I sold a watch with them on a commission basis - I think you can sell to watches.co.uk as well on that basis.

Unfortunately Breitling are a brand that don't hold their initial MRP value like some do (cough). They are rather like buying a new car - as soon as leaving the showroom you throw away 30% of what you paid.

Did you get a discount of the MRP - as often that can be bargained for?

Watchfinder.co.uk will buy your watch - but be prepared for a big hit on what you paid.

M

Would like to sell watch / London

Honestly, you're most likely to get the best price for it if you list it on eBay!
    As has been mentioned already you're unlikely to get better than 50% of rrp back for if you sell to a dealer.

Master
    Try CS Bedfords in Ruislip, ask for Rob-always competitive with prices.

Apprentice
    As a few people have mentioned the experience of selling to secondary market dealers can be a bit on the brutal side. Watchfinder and similar dealers who have an online quote service are a good baseline, then it could be worth posting the watch on eBay & any other site that has a good market for the brand. Ideally you'll find an end use buyer who will A) pay closer to what you both agree it's worth, & B) give it a better home.

Apprentice
    Try ebay mate