closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Road rage.

Road rage.

I would like to know just what this biker did to upset the driver?

https://youtu.be/CPPnfyHvTno

It was in Scotland so anyone's guess really.

His Scottish flag was the wrong shade of Blue ?

Love the request for subtitles in the comment section.

He overtook on the nearside over the zig-zag lines of ped xing.

These type of videos are worthless without any further background or the preceding few minutes of footage.

Never a good idea to punch someone wearing a crash helmet, the biker also missed a huge opportunity to headbutt him repeatedly in self defence.

Journeyman
    I hope he took the footage to the police.

apparently the driver was also the victim of some road rage incident a few years ago.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Blog Entries
    I can't see the YT footage at the moment due to restrictions at work.

However I witnessed an incident a couple of weeks ago involving a motorcyclist and car driver which I actually caught on my dash cam*

Eastbound on the M4 approaching the M25 turnoff and as usual, there is a long queue on the M25 slip road. Traffic is fairly busy on the M4 given that it is around 5:30pm on a weekday. I'm in the "fast" lane doing around 40mph along with both the "slower" lanes doing similar speeds. A biker zips through on my inside, which totally surprised me as I had an HGV (which I was about 1/2 way along) beside me and there was barely any room between us - he must have been doing at least 15-20mph faster than me.

Pretty much at the same time as biker guy was over/under taking me, a guy in a red Toyota GT86 pulled into the fast lane about 20 yards ahead of me - he had been in front of the HGV, which was (still) alongside me. In defence of the GT86, there was no way he would have seen the motorbike. The GT86's manoeuvre caused bike man to slam on his brakes and a lot of gesticulating ensued. To which GT86 man responded with a birdie. So motorbike man pulls alongside GT86 on the passenger side and smacks his wing mirror - which breaks off and gets swept under the wheels of the HGV, and rides off into the distance.

The GT86 guy was IMHO completely "innocent" in all this and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Must have shaken him up a bit though - I know I would have been. Motorbike guy might just have been having a bad day!

* Caught the whole thing on my dashcam, including the mirror coming off and getting run over by the HGV but I was auditioning a cheapo cam (£15) off eBay and you can't really make out regs etc. So I'm going to invest in something with a bit more quality.

Apprentice
    There seems to be a general stigma with certain drivers about anyone on two wheels, albeit a lot of cyclists and motorcyclists don't help themselves... I commute from Hertfordshire to Chelsea on my CBF125 and it can be pretty awful at times.

Yesterday's journey was particularly awful - was sat waiting at a traffic light (it was red...) and a huge Evoque shoved my back wheel, and then got out of his car to shout at me for reversing and marking his front bumper! Took his plate and drove off, called the police to inform them of what happened, they've put his car on a database with what I assume is a black mark.... Hope he gets his comeuppance!

PS. Bike is fine thankfully

We don't know what happened before the youtube clip but both parties demonstrated a lack of situation awareness. What on earth possessed the motor cyclist to dick around turning his engine off? Stick it on the stand, leap off and deliver a helmet-weighted crushing head butt right into the drivers spindly face. As for the driver, throwing punches into a motorcycle helmet suggests a less than neanderthal intelligence. He would have been better remaining in his safe metal cage and throwing his pathetic insults out of the window.

Master
    Was that Russ Abbott in the helmet?

Craftsman
    People that get that angry whilst driving should have their license taken away. Scary tempers become so inflamed whilst behind the wheel of a vehicle. Chill out, can't be worth getting that upset about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    FPS view got spoiled in the fight. :(

Master
    What I really liked about this video is the fella that came in to break it up. Excellent body language, told the car driver to get away and he was really effective at stopping this escalating further. Great to see people helping in these situations as it's so easy just to carry on and leave people to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paule23 View Post
    What I really liked about this video is the fella that came in to break it up. Excellent body language, told the car driver to get away and he was really effective at stopping this escalating further. Great to see people helping in these situations as it's so easy just to carry on and leave people to it.
    To be honest with you unless it was a woman who was at the receiving end or some some little guy who looked like he was in trouble I would also be inclined to drive past. If 2 fully grown idiots want to beat it out on a roundabout I ain't going to stop them. Stepping in could escalate the issue or possible you stand a chance of getting hurt, obviously IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Never a good idea to punch someone wearing a crash helmet, the biker also missed a huge opportunity to headbutt him repeatedly in self defence.

My thoughts too .

Craftsman
    Haha there speaketh a man with previous experience!!

I miss Scotland.

Master
    Just picked my daughter up from work and as we pulled onto an empty and large roundabout a lad decided to undertake me and try and get in front, problem is my old Mondeo 2.5 v6 has some poke and he miss timed it and nearly side swiped us, he the launched a tirade of abuse out of his window about my driving and was being very aggressive in general. How can you drive like a prat and still blame someone else, oh I know, because he was a twat! Did shake me up a bit though, suppose I should have rammed him and claimed on the insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/dONyv-Cwkoo

Or the Steven Seagull head butt

https://youtu.be/XMW5D1_VkXA
    Last edited by geran; 7th August 2016 at 19:11.

I know people who both saw this happen and know the motor-cyclist. The lad is only 17ish so was pretty shaken up. At least he managed to stand up for himself so maybe the knob driving the car might think twice before doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Good one.............