closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    found a gem last night on netflix, watched one epi ended up watching three its called 'spotless' best thing iv'e seen in quite a while. two brothers who run a crime scene clean up company who get themselves embroiled with the mob reluctantly and loads of other side stories, good brother bad brother scenario! can't recommend enough.

I'm going to go against the grain on a couple of these. Stranger Things is a poor imitation of Steven King imo, and although I've watched Ray Donovan from the beginning, I find most if the characters horribly, irredeemably selfish, self-absorbed and vacuous - even the ones we're supposed to get behind eg Ray. A common problem with US series for me - they seem to celebrate navel-gazing narcissists and sociopaths - see Weeds, Orange Is The New Black, and worst of all Happyish - I think Steve Coogan's great, but the series is full of irredeemably loathsome characters - compared with characters like Partridge or Saxondale (like Brent), who have enough redeeming traits to make them compulsive.

mr robot, on the other hand, I find brilliant, even though you could probably say the same.

Journeyman
    How about 'Designated survivor' - netflix original series

Premise below (taken from Wikipedia re the role of designated survivor)

In the United States, a designated survivor (or designated successor) is an individual in the presidential line of succession, usually a member of the United States Cabinet, who is arranged to be at a physically distant, secure, and undisclosed location when the President and the country's other top leaders (e.g., Vice President and Cabinet members) are gathered at a single location, such as during State of the Union addresses and presidential inaugurations. This is intended to guarantee continuity of government in the event of a catastrophic occurrence that kills the President and many officials in the presidential line of succession. If such an event would occur, killing both the President and Vice President, the surviving official highest in the line, possibly the designated survivor, would become the Acting President of the United States under the Presidential Succession Act.[1]

You can probably guess that a catastrophic event is on the horizon, and Kiefer Sutherland starts in it too so well worth a watch in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, another vote for Harley and the Davidsons although that's only 3 episodes long, (long episodes though!)

I am enjoying Fear The Walking Dead.... BUT the mother Madison's decisions might be for dramatic effect but by god she's p****ing me off.......

SPOILER ALERT..................

let's light a neon sign on top of the hotel and attract every gangbanger, wanderer whatever....just because your son who wandered off by choice on his own might see it..... CHRIST ...I'd have shot her myself several episodes back by now and found a lush latina salma hayek half my age lookalike instead......

Turn on Amazon Prime.

I searched for 'Spotless' and this thread did turn up, but to mention it again I think it's actually quite a good series. Looking forward to series 2 which should be coming next year.

Entertaining, quite dark but with some funny moments. Worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    I searched for 'Spotless' and this thread did turn up, but to mention it again I think it's actually quite a good series. Looking forward to series 2 which should be coming next year.

Will give that a ago. Also looking into Marcella.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post

We just watched Spotless and I would praise it more than being quite a good series we thought it was superb brilliantly acted and so tense I would recommend anyone to watch it

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    We just watched Spotless and I would praise it more than being quite a good series we thought it was superb brilliantly acted and so tense I would recommend anyone to watch it

The 'gangsta' family is great and Martin is really good. I just have reservations about Jean, but he's OK. Otherwise I'm glad it isn't just me who really liked it! :)

Hello

The Invaders. Being rerun again on Sy Fy!