closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Slam dunk from Seiko...

Great pic not something you can see everyday

I have noticed these are popping up online now for £315 and in stock? I was wondering if I should look at cancelling my pre-order with Jura? the 2 websites showing the price above look legit but both have issues with online ordering (one the code does not work and other the buy button isnt working)

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I have noticed these are popping up online now for £315 and in stock? I was wondering if I should look at cancelling my pre-order with Jura? the 2 websites showing the price above look legit but both have issues with online ordering (one the code does not work and other the buy button isnt working)
    Links?

Nice collection of Swedish PADIs
    Looking at the linked forum, some really nice Seikos in collections, but the standout has to be the Space Walk....wow!

In stock here http://www.watcho.co.uk/watches/seik...atch-srpa21k1/ (Use code SEIKO10 for £315)

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    In stock here http://www.watcho.co.uk/watches/seik...atch-srpa21k1/ (Use code SEIKO10 for £315)
    Code doesn't work

I didnt provide links as it didnt take sherlock holmes to find them, Until a site that looks trustworthy allows me to order one I will stick with Jura, I have sent a msg to Jura asking for an update though

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I didnt provide links as it didnt take sherlock holmes to find them, Until a site that looks trustworthy allows me to order one I will stick with Jura, I have sent a msg to Jura asking for an update though
    I'm sticking with Jura too, as I had a credit to use. Plus I trust them and prefer to buy from them after receiving great customer service on previous purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    I'm sticking with Jura too, as I had a credit to use. Plus I trust them and prefer to buy from them after receiving great customer service on previous purchase.
    Good plan, just heard back from the other place offering for £315 (Hilliers) and was advised they are currently out of stock until early September and the one they had in had been sold

Good price if you want to wait and see, I will wait for Jura too

I think these retailers are receiving a few watches here and there and they are moving fast, I did read that only 1300 were allocated to the USA which I am sceptical about, they dont seem to be in limited supply

I am not worried how many are sold etc as I intend in wearing mine as an everyday beater

I wouldn't mind one of these but the QC problems highlighted in this thread is putting me off quite a bit.

Tried one on yesterday in my local jeweler in Petersfield, really nice colour and I actually prefer the shape and fit of the cushion design to my SKX007. However, it is a chunk more than a standard imported turtle, so I'm not in any rush to grab one even if it does sit in the window, taunting me at lunchtimes...

I am sure that most of you know that I love my Seiko's. I have done for over three decades now.

I have owned a couple of these Seiko's and I have read all about the quality control issues, but I was looking forward to owning a PADI and I collected mine on Thursday. It looked superb. That dial is pretty stunning.

Sadly there is more to this story and it is all negative I'm afraid. Day and date wheels sitting low in their window, a misaligned bezel, a misaligned chapter ring, a cross thread on the crown tube and a rather gritty feel to the crown. Then there was the quality of finish to the ends of the lugs which was poor. That lot was more than enough for me to return mine. I am so disappointed.
    Last edited by j111dja; 31st July 2016 at 16:06.

Just got a quote back on the Zimbe Turtle

I think $965 is a bit much - must be about 50% above RRP but 10 available from a seller on Chrono24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Looking at the linked forum, some really nice Seikos in collections, but the standout has to be the Space Walk....wow!
    if only this were not a high end uber-limited edition... Absolutely cracking design.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post

As I said some time ago, during Baselworld we swedes pre booked 50 PADIs. 18 of us went to the release party.
    More pics here: http://klocksnack.se/threads/release...-srpa21.57853/

If only I could read Swedish that looks like an interesting thread.

Google translate - it is an interesting read

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post

I think $965 is a bit much - must be about 50% above RRP but 10 available from a seller on Chrono24

I really like that but is it built to the same (erratic/disappointing) standard as the rest of them?

They're "OK" for £200-£250, but not 2-3 times that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    Google translate - it is an interesting read

I can't work out how to do that, can you link to a translation?

On taptalk if I click on the link it opens on google and offers to translate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    It's Molle's, he has some sick stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    I can't work out how to do that, can you link to a translation?
    http://itools.com/tool/google-transl...age-translator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    Great pic. There are some fabulous watches in that thread too.

Now you have one what are your thoughts on the Padi?
    I like it a lot! Love the color combo and the bracelet is actually pretty nice, better than on the sumo.

I like it a lot! Love the color combo and the bracelet is actually pretty nice, better than on the sumo.
    That's good to hear. I read through the thread you posted (with the help of google translate) and no one seems to have had any quality issues with the watch. Maybe the padi isn't affected. Enjoy your new watch.

Banned
    It's Molle's, he has some sick stuff.

http://itools.com/tool/google-transl...age-translator
    You are a star I had tried various things with no luck.
    Perhaps this will help others I shall bookmark the link you sent.

https://translate.google.com/transla...rpa21.57853%2F

Craftsman

Do you know what the actual Thai RRP is on these? I have a friends and family living there so might see if I can someone to source one if the RRP is a lot lower than $965.

I asked SL as he posted he was getting one and he said 23-24000THB which would be $660-690 or just over £500

I asked SL as he posted he was getting one and he said 23-24000THB which would be $660-690 or just over £500
    Picked up a couple today (please do not ask me, I am inundated by requests and if I can manage more once the already promised ones have been taken care of I will start go through already received pm's with requests). RRP was about 23.600THB IIRC and some (but not as much as for bog standard references) discount available of course.

It comes with both bracelet and a matching grey OEM rubber of the same design as other SRP models, but I am currently in a BC rubber nato phase so it went on a grey one immediately.

Unfortunately I looked at 5 watches of this reference (SRPA19K) that my AD had and only 2 were perfect from a chapter ring/dial alignment perspective. I would not recommend buying unseen or without seeing detailed pictures of the watch in question.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Picked up a couple today (please do not ask me, I am inundated by requests and if I can manage more once the already promised ones have been taken care of I will start go through already received pm's with requests). RRP was about 23.600THB IIRC and some (but not as much as for bog standard references) discount available of course.

It comes with both bracelet and a matching grey OEM rubber of the same design as other SRP models, but I am currently in a BC rubber nato phase so it went on a grey one immediately.

Unfortunately I looked at 5 watches of this reference (SRPA19K) that my AD had and only 2 were perfect from a chapter ring/dial alignment perspective. I would not recommend buying unseen or without seeing detailed pictures of the watch in question.

Best looking one yet.

Banned
    that is nice I think I could even live with the Cyclops?

Wow - definitely like the Zimbe. Still undecided if I want one of the new Turtles. Some great looking ones, but then again i'm trying to save for a big birthday next year!

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=346786

Not: always been a fan of Seiko's limited editions but these are Definitely the best looking. Pity still issues re QC.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Love the case back!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    You are a star I had tried various things with no luck.
    Perhaps this will help others I shall bookmark the link you sent.

https://translate.google.com/transla...rpa21.57853%2F
    That site has saved me from bad buys on Japanese sites several times. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I ordered one this afternoon. I'll report back when I've got it fitted
    Got home tonight and managed to fit and size the Strapcode bracelet before dinner.

Nicely made and a decent fit.

I like that it's all brushed as I'm not keen on the polished bits of the standard bracelet. Indeed I'd rather than the bezel and rest of the case were matt too.

Whatever, I really like the watch on the Strapcode Super Oyster.

Journeyman
    I was at the bar when Yonsson took the groupie so Im sending a pic of mine as well :)

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

If anyone is selling the stock rubber from the Turtle reissue fire me a PM please. Or do you know of a reliable source for one of these?
    Last edited by AAddict; 14th August 2016 at 07:42.

Does anyone else find the crown difficult to operate on these?

It's not as though I'm unused to a screw down crown. I usually use the rotating slightly anti-clockwise until you feel the thread engage before screwing down, to avoid cross-threading. On this one for some reason, I find it hard to feel that point.

Just me?