closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What joy have you had with a WTB post?

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    I was toying with trying a wtb as just sold a car & bank rate is shocking so was considering part of it into a SS Rolex instead.
    Good or bad idea?
    Good idea. Just be a lot more specific with what you want.

Craftsman
    I put up a WTB for a bracelet for my Breitling Aerospace Avantage and it was answered pretty quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I got my Sinn U1 rubber by WTB no problem!

Master
    I posted for for a Tudor sub and ended up buying 2 from a jolly nice chap on here after meeting up (plus the offer of another from a different TZ member). Still might be after a bracelet though so if you have one lying around...
    Last edited by deepreddave; 11th August 2016 at 08:31.

Banned
    the other side of the coin,I have had a lot of people I have replied to a WTB not bothered to even answer.

I popped a WTB up for my B42 Marinemaster and got the same watch that had been in the sales ad I'd linked to show. Took 3 bumps but got there. I must confess that unless I'm looking for something I don't venture over there much though, I do like the idea of popping current WTBs in your post footer though.

I have never had any luck with any of my WTB's, but who knows what the future holds.

Mixed, Got my PRS-20 from it, but lately have been asking for an IWC- Mark XVII or 3717 and a Stowa MO but to no avail.

I have made some offers to WTB as well, but not accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    the other side of the coin,I have had a lot of people I have replied to a WTB not bothered to even answer.
    I can better that, I responded to a WTB offering exactly what he wanted. He came back to me, thanked me and said I think it is probably too big for my wrists.

Then about two or three days later posted, as it is highly unlikely that I will be offered what I asked for, I will now consider the following...

Master
    My success rate I would think has been about 75%, so better than average judging by the responses posted here.

Only when I looked for something of greater value (14060) did I get fewer responses, though I still got some just not the right watch for me.

When I posted a WTB for an SMP (not model specific) I was inundated with great value watches!

Obviously the rarer the watch the slimmer the chance of procuring I suppose... For the few minutes it takes to post it is still worth doing.

Nope. Just checked my posting history and I've had a dismal run with WTBs. I seem to remember being sent a fake Panerai buckle that wasn't the size described, which is possibly the closest I've come to success in 6 years...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    I reckon that I have achieved about a 50% success rate.
    However, I have answered my fair share of WTBs too
    You have indeed helped Andrew for which I am grateful and also to roondog who came up with the goods I had posted on WTB.

WTB is a great part of the forum is my experience.

good post OP.

Jim

Was hoping that someone would have popped in to announce that their Ferrari WTB had borne fruit

Craftsman
    Two out of three, and the other one would have been completed but the byer wanted face to face but we were On both sides of the country to make it happen.

I got very lucky....put the WTB and within few hours the deal was closed..Thanks to SIB I have my GO back!!

I've had a couple of good results, including an Isofrane which came all the way from the US of A and an Omega Railmaster which didn't.

50/50 for me. Got a Vostok super cheap and a SEL oyster for my 7548 which was better than described. Most wtb I've posted get a couple of nibbles, go quiet and then either get resolved or just sink below the surface. Depends on how bad you want something if you can be bothered to keep bumping....

Craftsman
    I love wtb and have had some good results. My best was a Sinn 104 when they were pretty new - posted a wtb and the watch was on my wrist within a few days. Still love it. Plus I managed to get a Seiko Landmaster and a few other watches through the WTB forum.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    Good idea. Just be a lot more specific with what you want.
    Been reading up tonight & still unsure.
    Like the look of non date but date is possibly more practical?
    Then again my phone gives date......?

Apprentice
    I'm looking for a speedmaster, preferably a 68 with the applied logo, I was going to put up the WTB but not sure whereabouts in the forum to ask. Any suggestions?

My experience with WTB is generally positive. Mostly recently with an Aerospace Pro II bracelet which I know are hard to come by. I would always try this route first before looking elsewhere.

Master
    Off the top of my head I think I have bought the following from WTBs:

Rolex Explorer
    AT Skyfall
    Sinn 857 UTC
    Sinn 556i
    Watch box

About a 40% success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnas83 View Post
    I'm looking for a speedmaster, preferably a 68 with the applied logo, I was going to put up the WTB but not sure whereabouts in the forum to ask. Any suggestions?
    You could do it in the accepted manner by being a member for 60 days and accruing 50 posts.

Or you could jump on to an existing thread with a clumsy attempt to undermine Forum etiquette.

Welcome, by the way.

I'm at 33% success - no joy finding a Stowa Seatime (not massively surprised), no luck with a Longines Legend Diver which did surprise me a bit, but I had a couple of people come back to me with a Sinn U1 and I'll be taking delivery next week...

Master
    Well 100% so far, 14060m sourced.

Master
    About 50/50 too. Got a lovely outer box for my Seadweller and the "seller" declined any payment, got offered a Riseman but wasn't quite what I was looking for and one for a non watch related item I thought I would post since I was asking for something else got no replies but then I expected that.

Always have a quick browse in case there is anything I can help with

Master
    Essentially none. Either no response at all or the odd chancer trying to sell at over the odds (usually quoting chrono24 dealer prices).

The thing I can't fathom is why watch wtbs are excluded from the (watch - in theory) sales forum when on any day it's 30-40 per cent populated by cars, motorbikes, fashion victim jackets and cycling bits (not to mention sunglasses and other 'designer' tat from TK Max, as well as stuff that would get binned by your average charity shop).

But then again ours is not to reason why.

Master
    Successful WTBs for a SubC and Seawolf, but no luck with the Longines legend diver or strangely my WTB for a Jeep Wrangler - should have asked for an MX5

An Azimuth Mr Roboto. On my wrist within a week.

Craftsman
    Three years ago I wanted a G Shock Riseman and posted a WTB. Kingstepper was the first to offer up a mint one which I purchased and it's still one of my most worn. Wouldn't hesitate to use again, great resource to have on the forum.