closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limited Editions

Quote Originally Posted by Ray66 View Post
    Thank you Wallasey,
    Your Steinhart and Snoopy look fantastic, could you buy them back for what you original paid ?
    Ray, you are a bad man. I was mulling over the Steinhart before your comment and a brand new one came up on e-bay and I offered the seller what I sold mine for and he accepted - it arrived today.

I will not be replacing the Snoopy - that was traded this week against something special - details to follow, but it is currently somewhere between the London and Chester mail centres as I type.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Ray, you are a bad man. I was mulling over the Steinhart before your comment and a brand new one came up on e-bay and I offered the seller what I sold mine for and he accepted - it arrived today.

I will not be replacing the Snoopy - that was traded this week against something special - details to follow, but it is currently somewhere between the London and Chester mail centres as I type.
    Congrats on being re-united with the Steinhart. I was on the Gnomon website & they have some nice watches - i like the Ocean 1-GMT Black/Red.

Please post what you have replaced the Snoopy with. Thanks

Congrats on being re-united with the Steinhart. I was on the Gnomon website & they have some nice watches - i like the Ocean 1-GMT Black/Red.

Please post what you have replaced the Snoopy with. Thanks
    Will do. There is a bit of a story to it so will probably do a new thread.

Journeyman
    Will do. There is a bit of a story to it so will probably do a new thread.
    I will keep an eye out for it, thank you.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    I have these.

Ltd edition (one of 250-number worldwide. No. 3 iirc!)

Tag Heuer Carrera "goodwood festival of speed"

And the Breitling Aerospace Night Mission

One of 300 worldwide

A new incoming on the limited edition front. Having owned one and flipped it, I missed my Steinhart limited edition Ocean One Military with the superdomed crystal. When a BNIB, still fully stickered up one was listed on e-bay I got it for the price I sold my last one. A few photos:

image free hosting

free image uploading

image free hosting

image upload free

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=RJM25R;4054427]I have these.

Watches look fantastic, thank you for sharing.

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=Wallasey Runner;4054763]A new incoming on the limited edition front. Having owned one and flipped it, I missed my Steinhart limited edition Ocean One Military with the superdomed crystal. When a BNIB, still fully stickered up one was listed on e-bay I got it for the price I sold my last one. A few photos:

Wallasey, the Steinhart looks great, can you share the price ?

Ray, the seller listed it at £625.00, I beat him down to £540.00 inc RMSD.

Ken.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 11th August 2016 at 19:38.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Ray66;4054893]
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I have these.

Watches look fantastic, thank you for sharing.
    No probs!

Both will be on SC VERY soon to make way for another rolex (my 3rd in just over a month!)

Journeyman
    Ray, the seller listed it at £625.00, I beat him down to £540.00 inc RMSD.

Ken.
    Ken a £500 LE Steinhart to I am guessing a £14k LE Snoopy - you must an interesting collection in between.

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=RJM25R;4055144]

No probs!

Both will be on SC VERY soon to make way for another rolex (my 3rd in just over a month!)
    Best of luck with the sale. At that rate or rolex you are on target for 36 rolex in a year. Can you share more details of the switch to rolex

Ken a £500 LE Steinhart to I am guessing a £14k LE Snoopy - you must an interesting collection in between.
    Ray,

The market price for a Snoopy at present is more in the region of £8k to £8.5k (with an RRP of £4.6k if you were lucky enough to get one). Those asking five figure sums struggle to sell, even Watchfinder are only asking £11k.

Like a lot of people on here, I am guilty of excessive flipping and have had periods of one or two decent watches and other periods of up to a dozen cheaper watches. This year alone I have had at least 10 in and about the same out. The Snoopy went this week - details to follow...

Ken

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Ray66;4055196]
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Best of luck with the sale. At that rate or rolex you are on target for 36 rolex in a year. Can you share more details of the switch to rolex
    Quite simple.

Bought a Hulk and wore it more than my whole collection put together. It's better looking and better made than I ever anticipated (having owned inferior Rolex in the past)

Selling whole collection to buy two more Rolex that I'll wear more than my whole collection (2 very different submariners)

Keep my Monaco because it's my favourite watch.

Keep my Panerai 176 for casual.

The end.

Then change my mind and start all over again.

Or not.

Maybe.

Master
    Ray,

The market price for a Snoopy at present is more in the region of £8k to £8.5k (with an RRP of £4.6k if you were lucky enough to get one). Those asking five figure sums struggle to sell, even Watchfinder are only asking £11k.

Like a lot of people on here, I am guilty of excessive flipping and have had periods of one or two decent watches and other periods of up to a dozen cheaper watches. This year alone I have had at least 10 in and about the same out. The Snoopy went this week - details to follow...

Ken
    You got to hurry up and provide these details...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I had this one in Rose Gold, only 250 produced I believe, probably the one watch I hardly wore, but wish I'd kept it... It was a lovely thing...

Now I have this Silverstone, which is a limited edition of a limited edition, due to some extra script on the back...

Wow! I've always wanted a Silverstone (and I prefer the brown to the blue) and now i'll have to keep an eye out for this limited edition limited edition ;)

Great info, thanks for sharing!

Journeyman
    Thank you for all the comments to date, I have learnt a lot in the past week, here are the Seven take aways for me :

1. Only buy LE if you really like the watch first
    2. Many LEs are standard watches with some cosmetic changes & not worth the premium price
    3. Limited to 2,000 pieces is considered by some to be too large a number
    4. Some LEs have increased in price e.g. speedmaster snoopy
    5. Some LEs can be worth less than the standard watch - over time
    6. Some have sold LEs & would like them back
    7. You don’t have to spend 1,000s to buy an LE, e.g. Steinhart

Welcome any further thoughts, comments, advice or recommendations or if you can share your experience, photo of LE – Thank you.

Ray,

You are in a good place here and your list is fairly comprehensive. I think the message from others in your thread is to buy the watch you want first and if by chance it happens to be a limited edition then great, but if not don't worry about it and certainly don't be taken in by marketing hype that suggests that you really should own a very exclusive watch.

Ken

Journeyman
    Ray,

You are in a good place here and your list is fairly comprehensive. I think the message from others in your thread is to buy the watch you want first and if by chance it happens to be a limited edition then great, but if not don't worry about it and certainly don't be taken in by marketing hype that suggests that you really should own a very exclusive watch.

Ken
    Thanks Ken for your input. I just read your post, congrats on the PP, looks fantastic - good health to enjoy

Ray

Definitely buy only if you like the base watch. The "impression of scarcity" is a classic marketing technique used for everything from luxury goods to Kit Kats. Seiko, Rolex and Omega create millions of watches annually so a slight change of dial and a numbered caseback on a production watch and boom, immediately more desirable. There is no end to how often this technique can be used too. The trick with Speedmasters, for example, is to find one of the rare non-limited editions.

A few of mine, some more limited than others:

Seiko Landmaster, "limited" to 1877 pieces, the number of kilometres Mitsuro Ohba traversed on his solo trek from Siberia to Canada, via the North Pole, wearing a Seiko Landmaster:

I also have the non-limited version:

IWC 3227-12, limited to 200 pieces:

Sinn 556, limited to 50 pieces:

I also have the non-limited version. Though I suspect far fewer than 50 are worn like this:

My non-limited, and thus rare, Speedmaster, hiding behind another non-limited but quite rare Seiko:

Limited edition Kit Kat:

Paul

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=Tokyo Tokei;4057468]Definitely buy only if you like the base watch. The "impression of scarcity" is a classic marketing technique used for everything from luxury goods to Kit Kats. Seiko, Rolex and Omega create millions of watches annually so a slight change of dial and a numbered caseback on a production watch and boom, immediately more desirable. There is no end to how often this technique can be used too. The trick with Speedmasters, for example, is to find one of the rare non-limited editions.

A few of mine, some more limited than others:

Thanks for sharing Paul. I really like the look of the Seiko Landmaster but not as good as the pink strapped sinn (cool), I don't think I could pull it off.

Can you share more on your speendmaster, what model is it & why rare ?. Thank you.

Last edited by Omega_rules; 15th August 2016 at 17:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Sinn 556, limited to 50 pieces:
    I really like this, have you posted more photos of it anywhere on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray66
    Can you share more on your Speedmaster, what model is it & why rare?
    Was a bit of a joke about the only rare Speedmasters being the un-limited ones, as Omega have released so many limited editions of this watch. My one is the 3573-50, not limited but not so easy to find now. It is somewhat unusual for a classic (non-coaxial) Speedmaster in having sapphire crystals on both the front and back. For that reason it is sometimes referred to as the "Sapphire Sandwich".

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I really like this, have you posted more photos of it anywhere on the forum?
    Thanks, yes some pictures here http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...inn-556-Isetan

Paul
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 16th August 2016 at 04:02.

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=Tokyo Tokei;4059221]Was a bit of a joke about the only rare Speedmasters being the un-limited ones, as Omega have released so many limited editions of this watch. My one is the 3573-50, not limited but not so easy to find now. It is somewhat unusual for a classic (non-coaxial) Speedmaster in having sapphire crystals on both the front and back. For that reason it is sometimes referred to as the "Sapphire Sandwich".

Thanks Paul, that is a nice speedmaster, I am looking at one at the minute in watchfinder http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/S...863/item/70350
    You are right about the high numbers of speedmaster LEs, there is a review of this watch on youtube & it is something like number 4,300 (I am guessing maybe more than some independent watchmakers would produce in a year). Anyway its not the fact that this is LE it just seems like a really good example of a new watch based on the original.

Thanks again

Ray

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_rules View Post
    That looks very special, thanks for sharing, any more info on the watch ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    1) Focusing on a smaller collection of limited is ok. But be careful, an Omega 007 "limited" of 7007 pieces is not a thing to covet.
    2) This limited GS SBGV009 could be found for about £1800-2000 used. It's limited to 1200 pc worldwide. That's my recommendation that fits your budget. And it comes with a steel bracelet also ;)
    Read a review here
    http://www.fratellowatches.com/grand...bgv009-review/

Cheers!

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=klockodile;4060196]1) Focusing on a smaller collection of limited is ok. But be careful, an Omega 007 "limited" of 7007 pieces is not a thing to covet.
    2) This limited GS SBGV009 could be found for about £1800-2000 used. It's limited to 1200 pc worldwide. That's my recommendation that fits your budget. And it comes with a steel bracelet also ;)
    Read a review here
    http://www.fratellowatches.com/grand...bgv009-review/

Thanks for sharing, the watch looks great. Welcome any other suggestions for LEs, say less than 2,000 pieces, that are worth buying or that members will not part with. Thank you.