closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Glass Coffee Table Scratch

Glass Coffee Table Scratch

Managed to put a light but long scratch across my glass coffee table this morning by simply sliding my macbook across it...damn you apple!!! Depth wise, it looks like a fine hair, just noticeable with a fingernail.

I've tried a windscreen scratch kit that I had which is 2.5 micron cerium oxide with a pad one a drill but it's not doing anything...think it might be too fine.

Anyone managed to successfully remove scratches from glass furniture? Tips, or recommendations for a polishing kit?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Have you checked youtube for tips n advice?

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing polishing with alittle heat generation certainly helps.

2.5mic would probably be the final polishing grade.

Try jewellers rouge, that's what they tend to use in the glazing industry for light scratches.

Paul.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Managed to put a light but long scratch across my glass coffee table this morning by simply sliding my macbook across it...damn you apple!!! Depth wise, it looks like a fine hair, just noticeable with a fingernail.

I've tried a windscreen scratch kit that I had which is 2.5 micron cerium oxide with a pad one a drill but it's not doing anything...think it might be too fine.

Anyone managed to successfully remove scratches from glass furniture? Tips, or recommendations for a polishing kit?
    There is a guy on ebay that sells cerium oxide and amazon do a kit for about 18£ (a heavier grade than 2.5) which I used on my car windscreen to some good effect but it took several applications and lots of water to prevent overheating and cracks - worked OK though. I tried it manually first (cr*p) you need the proper drill attachment - he sells them too

There are some mobile firms that do car windscreens that you could talk to regarding the glass top table but I don't know about london - so you would have to google.

Good luck with it !

B

Thank-you...will give one of those kits a go. I know some people have good results with glass watch crystals so hope I can do the same with the table as it's not horrendously deep. Youtube suggests a few options like Brasso but I'm not sure that will be abrasive enough for glass.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Both rouge and cerium oxide work well, i'd forget brasso.