closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rolex to go up 10% on September 1st

Master
    I'm not buying a new Rolex soon so why should I care? But I keep looking at this thread so I must be interested but can't put my finger on why.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    When it does happen maybe we should start a sweepstake on the date of the next Rolex price increase thread

My guess is that people will leave it at least ........................... 3 days
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I've never been aware of a single, comprehensive "global price rise."

Rather, there is a constant if slow adjustment of prices across all the Rolex territories (as they call them), which will variously comprise both currency recalibrations and an element of genuine price increase where necessary.

Even when precious metals shot up in value circa 2008 I do not believe that Rolex prices increased simultaneously around the world. Apart from anything else, the relative values of local currencies with relation to those precious metals would all have been different.

Haywood
    Thanks Haywood, makes sense.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    I'm not buying a new Rolex soon so why should I care? But I keep looking at this thread so I must be interested but can't put my finger on why.
    +1.......I find it amusing.

If anyone's serious about buying a Rolex and wants to know when to buy, the answer's always the same.......NOW! you might get a better deal in January or July/August, but if saving a few £100s is that important maybe you can't really afford one. That's not meant to sound arrogant, I just can't see much difference between spending £6000 or £5500. Same argument applies to the price rise thing, if it's going to be a deal breaker perhaps you shouldn't be buying (I won't be!). Sure, we all like to get a good deal, but the quest to get the best price shouldn't be the overriding priority.

So why all the fuss?

Paul

I've just put a deposit down on a new SD4000. I'm obviously keen for prices not to rise as I could do without spending an extra £700.

However if they do rise, it isn't a deal breaker for me.

Blog Entries
    It's happened!

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    It's happened!

Daddel.
    If that means the speculation ends then yay.

It's happened!

Daddel.
    ????

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if that means a shedload of new stock will finally hit the UK.

10% increase or more?

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Sure, we all like to get a good deal, but the quest to get the best price shouldn't be the overriding priority.

So why all the fuss?
    Are you sure you're a Yorkshireman?

It's happened!

Daddel.

No sign of any price increases on the UK Rolex website?

The price I looked up three days ago is the same today....

Blog Entries
    It's happened!

Daddel.

I found yet another Rolex price increase thread............

Daddel.

Craftsman
    Just passed by Westfield Stratford. In steel sports model, only Milgauss and Explorer 2 white available. Clearly those two models are among the least popular in the line.

Anyway, Sep 1st is almost here, and the "wait" will be over ;-)

Journeyman
    It's going to happen. But when is anyone's guess ....
    If a price increase really means you are going to struggle to afford a luxury timepiece....relax buy a cheaper watch on the grey market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like others I struggle with these kinds of threads, of course prices will rise at some point as it has over the years, otherwise Submariners would still be a few hundred quid each. Fair enough announcing it once someone has definate facts, but endless speculation week after week is pointless - it was going to be 1st Aug, now it's 1st Sept and so on if it doesn't happen.

I can appreciate the frustration if someone is on a waiting list and said watch turns up after the rise and they then have to pay more for that watch, but for others is it really such a big issue and would £500 on a £5k watch be the difference between being able to buy it or not. I wonder how many on here have absolutely no intention of buying a Rolex, price rise or not - I will hold my hand up and say that I am not in the market for one.

I fully support the threads targeting certain watches, like the new Explorer 1 with genuine buyers who once given a tip seem to pounce - but that seems to be more about availability rather than RRP.

For those genuine watch hunters keep letting people know what you are looking for and I am sure that people will assist, for the idle speculators - give it a rest.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Like others I struggle with these kinds of threads, of course prices will rise at some point as it has over the years, otherwise Submariners would still be a few hundred quid each. Fair enough announcing it once someone has definate facts, but endless speculation week after week is pointless - it was going to be 1st Aug, now it's 1st Sept and so on if it doesn't happen.

I can appreciate the frustration if someone is on a waiting list and said watch turns up after the rise and they then have to pay more for that watch, but for others is it really such a big issue and would £500 on a £5k watch be the difference between being able to buy it or not. I wonder how many on here have absolutely no intention of buying a Rolex, price rise or not - I will hold my hand up and say that I am not in the market for one.

I fully support the threads targeting certain watches, like the new Explorer 1 with genuine buyers who once given a tip seem to pounce - but that seems to be more about availability rather than RRP.

For those genuine watch hunters keep letting people know what you are looking for and I am sure that people will assist, for the idle speculators - give it a rest.
    6,917 views suggest that there is wide and significant forum appetite for any development.

I would be uninterested in (but perhaps not "struggle with") a post about G-Shocks, even if it had thousands of views.....so I would simply not click on it and could carry on with a happy life. To click on the thread and tell those who love G-Shocks to "give it a rest" would seem unnecessary.

I cannot answer for others, but I would not consider my part in this thread to be idle speculation. There was recently a very clear catalyst for significant, urgent UK price adjustment that will be highly relevant to many forum members and, contrary to what many have claimed in ignorance, there often IS sound information that precedes a Rolex price rise. For four years I have been saying there would not be one imminently, but my position has completely reversed as stated earlier.

No likey, no clicky!

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 30th August 2016 at 11:01.

^^
    Very well put.

I'm umming and arring about a 116900. Half tempted to just bite the bullet.

6,917 views suggest that there is wide and significant forum appetite for any development.

I would be uninterested in (but perhaps not "struggle with") a post about G-Shocks, even if it had thousands of views.....so I would simply not click on it and could carry on with a happy life. To click on the thread and tell those who love G-Shocks to "give it a rest" would seem unnecessary.

I cannot answer for others, but I would not consider my part in this thread to be idle speculation. There was recently a very clear catalyst for significant, urgent UK price adjustment that will be highly relevant to many forum members and, contrary to what many have claimed in ignorance, there often IS sound information that precedes a Rolex price rise. For four years I have been saying there would not be one imminently, but my position has completely reversed as stated earlier.

No likey, no clicky!

H

I couldn't agree anymore and well said!

Master
    Sadly for us Haywood knows his stuff and I'm sure it will happen . . . . . . . . . Sadly, why sadly?

Well because if not it's only 36 hours 55 minutes and 28 seconds before someone can start a 'Rolex Price increase October 1st its happening my AD's sister's son in law's paper boy's dog told me' thread

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    I'm umming and arring about a 116900. Half tempted to just bite the bullet.
    If you can find one in stock I would... looking around AD's at the weekend none seemed to have anything in stock at all.

Craftsman
    No likey, no clicky!

H
    Absolutely. Plus if people stopped complaining, it wouldn't be at the top nearly half as much :)

Re: 6,917 views suggest that there is wide and significant forum appetite for any development.

There certainly is a lot of interest in any developments in this regard but the number of views or comments is not an indication of that. Just like number of responses on Accutronitis thread was not an indication of any interest in Accutron or the poster.
    Apart from contributions from those in the know like yourself, the rest IS indeed idle speculation. Not that there is a law against it just as there is no law against expressing frustration over yet another Rolex price increase thread.
    No Likey no clickey also cuts both ways.

I'm interested in a SS YM 2 and whilst in Venice last week I saw one in the window at €17350. So that would make it c£14500 at best against a UK RRP of £12500. I know from threads like this that the UKprices are some of the cheapest but that difference surprised me. (As did the Exp 2 at something like €7500 - ouch!)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    No Likey no clickey also cuts both ways.
    They are not the same.

I may avoid the G-Shock thread by not clicking on it, but readers of the Rolex price rise thread may not so easily avoid the complaints of those who have added them to their conversation.

Haywood

Chat about Rolex price rises > Discussion about chat about price rises

They are not the same.

I may avoid the G-Shock thread by not clicking on it, but readers of the Rolex price rise thread may not so easily avoid the complaints of those who have added them to their conversation.

Haywood
    Agree to a point.
    But the whole No Likey....... Thing, is not for blogs. IMO.
    If people didn't voice their disagreements, disappointments and frustrations about threads/views, the blogs wouldn't thrive. It is a part and parcel of the whole interweaving blog thingy. It doesn't neeccessarily lead to more fruitful discussion but keeps things interesting. As long as it doesn't get personal.

No likey, no clicky!

H
    Hear hear! Couldn't agree more. The freedom to discuss a topic without judgement is surely foundation of a healthy forum. I don't understand the value in some people debating whether it's worth anyone's time speculating on a topic like this. If there is more than one person interested discussing something, then it's worth it in my opinion.

If it bores you, please just walk away. You do have a choice.
    Last edited by Lovewatches108; 30th August 2016 at 18:44.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    Hear hear! Couldn't agree more. The freedom to discuss a topic without judgement is surely foundation of a healthy forum. I don't understand the value in some people debating whether it's worth anyone's time speculating on a topic like this. If there is more than one person interested discussing something, then it's worth it in my opinion.

If it bores you, please just walk away. You do have a choice.
    Yes this!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yes this!
    Well said!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Anyone seeing any signs so far?

Quote Originally Posted by btwrc View Post
    Rolex prices always click over exactly at midnight, you shouldn't see the price wheel beginning to turn at all beforehand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by btwrc View Post
    And a warm welcome to you as well.

Look at the stars I'd say.

Daddel.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Rolex prices always click over exactly at midnight, you shouldn't see the price wheel beginning to turn at all beforehand.
    That made me chuckle. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Very good :)

But let's not open that can of worms again!

I saw a friend yesterday who sells watches and evidently since the pound dropped orders from abroad have gone mental and in the last week alone one foreign grey dealer had asked her for 10 gold Daytona's - obviously Rolex need to sort this out and even up the prices so they are uniform across the globe...,

Journeyman
    Was just at Mappin&Web, old bond street - the only sports model they have is the SD4000 but its not for sale for couple of days as they are waiting for the warranty booklets to come through.

Also went to few more AD's around the area, no Subs in stock at all.

Quote Originally Posted by udayrulz View Post
    as they are waiting for the warranty booklets to come through.
    ahahaha

Master
    Blog Entries
    Is anyone staying up for the big news? Its getting worse than an apple product launch.
    Last edited by Middo; 31st August 2016 at 15:29.

I just popped into Goldsmiths Torquay and asked about the price rise. As of 2pm today they know nothing... But did confirm Hublot and Patek among others are increasing prices tomorrow, neither of which they stock.

The excitement continues. Long live the Rolex price rise thread(s)!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    I just popped into Goldsmiths Torquay and asked about the price rise. As of 2pm today they know nothing... But did confirm Hublot and Patek among others are increasing prices tomorrow, neither of which they stock.

The excitement continues. Long live the Rolex price rise thread(s)!! :)
    Patek prices went up on 1st August.

Maybe there's a special 1st September increase. I'll start a thread

Master
    I was in Lister Horsfall in Ilkley today and the main guy there said that the price increase was first aired to him by Rolex at Baselworld and is coming in September. Apparently they were waiting to see what happened with the Brexit vote and that's left them with issues of watches being cheaper than in the US and Europe due to the exchange rate. He seemed pretty certain and I had no reason to doubt.

Edit: I didn't ask him about the price increase, he mentioned it to me
    Last edited by Schofie; 31st August 2016 at 18:56.

Master
    4 hours and 45 minutes to go before the end of the world, Buy Buy Buy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    I was in Lister Horsfall in Ilkley today and the main guy there said that the price increase was first aired to him by Rolex at Baselworld and is coming in September. Apparently they were waiting to see what happened with the Brexit vote and that's left them with issues of watches being cheaper than in the US and Europe due to the exchange rate. He seemed pretty certain and I had no reason to doubt.

Edit: I didn't ask him about the price increase, he mentioned it to me
    To be honest that sounds like another AD talking out of their hat. Extremely unlikely back in March they would have said that they were going to put prices up 6 months later. Rolex never make those kind of advance statements and as for Brexit staying was more or less a shoe in at the time. In fact at 10pm on the night of the vote it was a shoe in we would stay (Ladbrokes offered 10/1).

The two AD's I deal with have been the more knowledgeable so far - they have simply said 'we don't know'.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    4 hours and 45 minutes to go before the end of the world, Buy Buy Buy.
    Well Sky have wall to wall coverage of transfer deadline day, perhaps we need something similar.

"And it's over to Ken outside Goldsmiths in Liverpool One with Jason the sales guy"

"Hi guys, it's looking bleak here, not a SS sports model in sight and Jason is staying tight lipped about what he has stashed in the safe and still no news on those increases"

Well Sky have wall to wall coverage of transfer deadline day, perhaps we need something similar.

"And it's over to Ken outside Goldsmiths in Liverpool One with Jason the sales guy"

"Hi guys, it's looking bleak here, not a SS sports model in sight and Jason is staying tight lipped about what he has stashed in the safe and still no news on those increases"
    Is the deadline 2300 in England, but Midnight in Scotland, just like the football?
    Could cause additional confusion lol

Master

LOL

Currently camping outside my local AD for the midnight price increase launch party, rumour has it they have a BLNR stashed away in the safe. No sign of any movement in the dark store, I don't see why the staff would go home? but I guess they need to freshen up before the event. Or maybe they're on lockdown like in the movie 'The Purge' because there's gonna be some upset people on waiting lists out for revenge.

Hope I don't get mugged.