closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rolex to go up 10% on September 1st

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Saying there's going to be a Rolex price rise is a bit like saying there is going to be rain in the UK.
    It might not be tomorrow or the next day, but there's definitely going to be rain.
    It isn't, when since Summer 2012 the forecaster in question has been saying there will be no rain.

Journeyman
    We're probably due an increase. I priced a sub in Tenerife this week, 7650 euro. The U.K. represents better value, if you can actually find one.

New Rolex UK price book due to be printed this month, effective for October onwards.

Make of that what you will or feel free to moan/thank/debate (delete as applicable) the info imparted....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    New Rolex UK price book due to be printed this month, effective for October onwards.

Make of that what you will or feel free to moan/thank/debate (delete as applicable) the info imparted....
    Interesting

In Manchester just now and it's fair to say ss stock is limited to non existent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mentioned a month or so ago that SS sports models were drying up and got rudely challenged on it.
    I think this has been a plan of Rolex for a while.
    Once the rise comes in I expect stocks to be available again.
    What a business :)

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I mentioned a month or so ago that SS sports models were drying up and got rudely challenged on it.
    I think this has been a plan of Rolex for a while.
    Once the rise comes in I expect stocks to be available again.
    What a business :)
    Massive drought...everywhere in the UK!!

My WoS AD sent me an image of their Rolex watch display cabinet, and I have to tell you there really wasn't much going on except for a few DJs. No SSs in sight and she doesn't expect to get anything sent to them by Rolex for a while. There were even gaps in the watch display unit, really reinforcing this drought being experienced. Unprecedented according to her.

Madness! Which other business operates in this way!

Craftsman

SD4000

I've been watching this thread with interest.... I moved overseas (HK) end of last year and have been busy with my head down so not posting much recently. I really should do a bit of a HK update as there's lots of interesting stuff going on here, not least the nosedive of the luxury end watch sales volumes this year. Anyway, the Brexit vote and resultant drop in the sterling gave me the excuse I needed to pick up a SD4000 when I was last back over in mid August. I had been toying with getting one for a while and the price, currency devaluation including the tax free adjustment just made it too enticing not to. I was lucky in that the relationship I had with Laings meant that I was able to get one but it was clear even then that stocks were depleted and they were struggling to get their hands on stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    Massive drought...everywhere in the UK!!

My WoS AD sent me an image of their Rolex watch display cabinet, and I have to tell you there really wasn't much going on except for a few DJs. No SSs in sight and she doesn't expect to get anything sent to them by Rolex for a while. There were even gaps in the watch display unit, really reinforcing this drought being experienced. Unprecedented according to her.

Madness! Which other business operates in this way!
    My local AD had the SD4000, GMTc (black) and polar explorer II amongst others in his window yesterday.

I didn't go in so don't know what else he had on display inside.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    My local AD had the SD4000, GMTc (black) and polar explorer II amongst others in his window yesterday.

The SDc4000 and the Explorer IIs aren't so thin on the ground, but that GMT won't be there long and any member dithering should sniff it out fast.

My position remains unchanged: necessity for price rise becomes increasingly pressing and IF there is any stand-off with Geneva then the inevitable winner will get their way sooner rather than later.

H

Master
    Blog Entries
    With Rolex being so fussy with their image etc I am surprised they have let things get this bad with stock / delaying the price increase.

Even with the number crunching it seems a odd situation for the brand to allow ADs look bare. I guess this is not helping reduce waiting lists on certain models either.

I presume its Rolex supply and def not the AD holding back on stock?

One thing I noticed is that Exp I's appear to be about so guess Rolex has been sending some new stock at least (from other forums it appears in the US that this model is still a rare sight despite all other models in abundance)
    Last edited by kultschar; 7th September 2016 at 11:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    I presume its Rolex supply and def not the AD holding back on stock.
    Bless your faith in human nature....but I know a few who have quietly put all your favourite models in the safe in anticipation of what they know must come. Good luck to them, it's all part of the commercial rises and falls.

H

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Bless your faith in human nature....but I know a few who have quietly put all your favourite models in the safe in anticipation of what they know must come. Good luck to them, it's all part of the commercial rises and falls.

H
    I heard a rumour "Safe" sales are through the roof :)

Master
    Blog Entries

Along with the Explorer I and DSSD (previous 39mm model) these were always in windows, guess not so popular.

Presume the average Joe prefers a Sub over a SD4000 (prob never heard of a SD4000)

The SDc4000 and the Explorer IIs aren't so thin on the ground, but that GMT won't be there long and any member dithering should sniff it out fast.

H
    They've also a pre owned GMTc at £5000 in their used window if anyone's interested. There may be a bit of wriggle room with second hand too.

The AD is Brufords in Eastbourne.

Master
    It wouldn't take half as long to check round all the UK main agents today as it would have a couple of decades ago...

[ source : store locator, www.rolex.com ]

Haywood

H

Me too, their safe's are fully stocked in anticipation....

Master
    That SD 4000 in Brufords, if second hand, is probably mine. Only a few weeks old, traded in for a Cellini Dual Time. Great watch, just not my 'thing' at the moment.
    I like Brufords, pretty straight dealers. And, in this weather, you can get a great Italian ice cream on the seafront.

The SD4000 is on their new display at rrp, the GMT is with the second hand watches by the door.

I did wonder if it was yours as, when you returned the WG day/date, they had one on display the next day (being sold as new).

Master
    The SD4000 is on their new display at rrp, the GMT is with the second hand watches by the door.

I did wonder if it was yours as, when you returned the WG day/date, they had one on display the next day (being sold as new).
    My Day Date was faulty and was one of a number which went back. They have been slowly returning from Rolex, a couple of months later. I saw some of them a few days ago. I assume these watches are sold as new as they come, all re-sealed from Rolex. It seems a tricky area really. I don't know what the Rolex policy is. They will have one.
    If you think about it, new watches will be returned for a number of reasons. They still need to be sold st some point. I doubt if manufacturers like to discuss this too much. If, for instance, my new Cellini had been returned and then re-issued by Rolex, how would I know? Perhaps it just doesn't matter.
    I am happy enough.
    Last edited by paskinner; 7th September 2016 at 16:24.

Master
    Chaps

Every second day or so we get some knowledgeable herbert forecasting a price increase which, as previously stated, is like saying I forecast it is going to rain before much longer.

The honest truth is that it no big deal for 90% of us.

Those already owning a few Rolex will have a mini orgasm in the knowledge their baubles have gone up in value by the odd quid and those who are buying will just haggle all the harder to get the price down. They market always dictates the final price and prices are already high due to a shortage of supply and if dealers are stashing stock away, they risk being caught out when they start filling their windows up with new goodies.

A 5%-10% or whatever increase is hardly anything to shout about seeing as there as been no increase for many years, so really it is just gossip fodder and of no real consequence for all but a very small and worry minded minority.

If it happens, it happens, no need to lose sleep over it.

Regards

Mick
    Last edited by Mick P; 7th September 2016 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Chaps

Every second day or so we get some knowledgeable herbert forecasting a price increase which, as previously stated, is like saying I forecast it is going to rain before much longer.

The honest truth is that it no big deal for 90% of us.

Those already owning a few Rolex will have a mini orgasm in the knowledge their baubles have gone up in value by the odd quid and those who are buying will just haggle all the harder to get the price down. They market always dictates the final price and prices are already high due to a shortage of supply and if dealers are stashing stock away, they risk being caught out when they start filling their windows up with new goodies.

A 5%-10% or whatever increase is hardly anything to shout about seeing as there as been no increase for many years, so really it is just gossip fodder and of no real consequence for all but a very small and worry minded minority.

If it happens, it happens, no need to lose sleep over it.

Regards

Mick
    Chap

What are you gibbering about?

Master
    What I am saying is that Rolex increasing their price has hardly any real effect on anyone and most of us don't give a damn.

What I am saying is that Rolex increasing their price has hardly any real effect on anyone and most of us don't give a damn.
    To some of us it would make a difference and so we do give a damn.

But thanks for your insightful contribution 👍🏻

Don't give a damn about a Rolex price increase?

Suggestion: Don't click on, read and make a post with the biggest word-count in a thread titled "Rolex to go up 10% on September 1st"

Except watch enthusiasts.............
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Delusional

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

Delusional
    To be fair that does pretty well exactly match my position, so it's not completely delusional. Conversely the thread is very amusing (and interesting actually) to read.

Master
    Blog Entries
    To be fair when a Rolex is listed here it goes pretty damn quickly especially under rrp and a bargain!

10% nowadays for a lot of people is not to be sniffed at and would pay for one hell of a weekend bender in the city! If I had my eyes on a Rolex I would be interested in any price rise, loaded or not!