closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recently Received and very much enjoying

Recently Received and very much enjoying

I saw one of these sell recently on S C. Whilst I have known the Gnomon version was around I went onto EBay and found one from a reputable UK seller. It arrived yesterday pristine still wrapped and not being a collector took off the bracelet and after sampling a variety of straps settled on the olive one you can see in the images for the time being; it blends well with the dial colours.
    The watch is an "eye puller" for me (glancing at it makes me smile) and the domed crystal is just captivating. The dial colour is nearly black. All in all I love it.

Cannot go wrong with that watch AT ALL. Can we please have a lume shot ?

Glad to see you like it Rob. It's looking fantastic on that olive Zulu
    Dave
    Last edited by Evad3; 7th September 2016 at 16:52.

I am a fan of Steinhart and currently own five of them, simply great Watches build quality is superb.

Banned
    Yada yada yada.... The watch is just fine, congratulations, but why do you have to ruin it with that NATO abomination? Do you hate leather straps and steel bracelets, or is it because you are a lover of cheap looks, NATO rash and spring bars pulling loose? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    Cannot go wrong with that watch AT ALL. Can we please have a lume shot ?

Lume shot as requested. I sold the one on SC recently. Superb watch - enjoy.

picture sharing

Craftsman
    Lovely watch, enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Yada yada yada.... The watch is just fine, congratulations, but why do you have to ruin it with that NATO abomination? Do you hate leather straps and steel bracelets, or is it because you are a lover of cheap looks, NATO rash and spring bars pulling loose? I just don't get it.
    👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Craftsman
    Nice combination.👍

Master
    Love steinhart; love this. They copy very tastefully. Still wish they were 2mm smaller!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

+1

Very nice, love the Mil sub look and goes beautifully on the Nato. I've never had any spring bar bending issues with Nato straps over the years. I must be one of the lucky ones... :D

Master
    Technically I think that's a zulu strap

Master
    Blog Entries
    As a recent convert to Nato straps, I definitely like the combination

ATB

Jon

Of all the watches to complain about their being on a NATO, a mil sub homage seems a weird choice.

This has reminded me of one of my favourite WUS threads, a sad tale.....

"I was out on lake Michigan earlier today on a friends boat. We where at least a mile from shore. I was drinking a beer, some other guys fished. It was A grand old time. The boat rocked a bit, I slipped. When I did, my left wrist struck a corner on the metal rail at which time the watch that was on that wrist hit in just such a way, with just enough force at just the right angle to break the spring bar. Then in what seemed slow motion, I watched my Rolex 116610LV slide off my wrist, take a small bounce and tumble into a estimated 300 feet of water."

Journeyman
    I've seen this one in person, fortunately. Yes, it is quite nice ;)

When Gnomon put the package together they included steel bracelet, leather 2 piece strap and nato in the box. The watch seems to me to be a tri dresser and looks very good on any of the three. Today it's on a leather one piece which I recently bought from pavel on SC. Then I found a sand coloured with bronze rings nato which it also looks great with.