closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 116660 DeepSea v 116600

Rolex 116660 DeepSea v 116600

I know there are a lot of 116600 Sea-Dweller owners on here, so figured I'd pose the question. I've been offered a swap against my DSSD with a SD4000. It wasn't something I'd have really considered but it looks like I have a Deep Blue in the pipeline and I certainly won't need 2 Deepsea's. Have any of the current SD4000 owners gone from a DSSD and if so how do you find it? I haven't yet had the opportunity to compare them side by side.

Since the arrival of my Explorer I the DSSD has become my weekend wearer which is likely what the Deep Blue will become. I have however also been looking at GMT's, Yachtmaster's and Daytona's and some vintage 1680's and 5513's.

Thoughts and comments/advice welcome. Also before the questions about which AD has the Deep Blue, it's a pre owned fully stickered example.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have owned a 116600 since the first week of release and of the ceramic watches, it's my favourite by some margin. I breifly owned a DSSD and found it too big.

If the D-Blue is definitely going through, then I'd do the deal personally. They are certainly different enough to warrant a place each in a collection.

Here's my SD addiction at it's worst:

Master
    I love the DSSD, and wouldn't swap one for a SDc. There isn't a lot of love for them but the folk who get them, get them, if you get me 🙂

Comparison pics http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...omparison-Pics

I am not a fan of the deepblue, in theory or execution. To me it's not like Rolex to make special editions. The actual challenge watch at 30k or whatever it would cost would have made sense to me if they wanted to do a special. The dial is not to my taste but rah to their own.

I would keep the DSSD - unless there was cash coming your way to make it worthwhile.

Interesting opinions, thanks.

I was offered a Deep Blue from M&W but turned it down months ago but since the they have been growing on me.

Maybe I should explore other options apart from Rolex?

I have always loved the DSSD- they get some criticism for being too large- however blokes need to man up:

I had absolutely no interest at all in the D-Blu.....until I saw one in the flesh and tried it on.
    It is without doubt a lovely dial, and the scarcity of them means rock solid residuals -
    (hence some dealers are charging 2 grand over list) what's not to like?
    More interesting than sporting a bog standard steel sports model and if they do stop making the
    D-blu considering the comparatively small numbers made their value will only go up...

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post

The poor lass must be down to her last few million dollars, look at those shabby denims.

Maybe the bloke on her left with the Patek Aquanaut will drop her off at Walmart on the way home.

It must be said, it looks damn good on her :)
    Last edited by W124; 11th September 2016 at 23:36.

Let's be honest- anything would look good on her....

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ha - seen those pics countless times and never noticed the Aquanaut! I wonder why??????

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    The poor lass must be down to her last few million dollars, look at those shabby denims.

Maybe the bloke on her left with the Patek Aquanaut will drop her off at Walmart on the way home.

Great spot with the Aquanaut!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I have owned a 116600 since the first week of release and of the ceramic watches, it's my favourite by some margin. I breifly owned a DSSD and found it too big.

If the D-Blue is definitely going through, then I'd do the deal personally. They are certainly different enough to warrant a place each in a collection.

Here's my SD addiction at it's worst:

That Comex one, oh lord!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    No it doesn't, it looks totally ridiculous & reminds me of trying on the old mans watch as a nipper!

Blog Entries
    ^^^^

whatever helps you post count.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    ^^^^

whatever helps you post count.
    I've been here over 2 years ... you can do better than that!

Forget the pretty face, that watch swamps her puny wrist "look good on her it don't"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Forget the pretty face, that watch swamps her puny wrist ....
    She just needs more chocklit.