closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: MK II Vantage Opinion Request....

Craftsman

MK II Vantage Opinion Request....

What do you think a Vantage would look like tihe Bill's non-date 369 dial and his white MOD Swords hands. I like highly contrasting hands. Bill has told me the hands are long enough for that dial. I realize it is not the primary choice for this watch, but I'm not looking for an Explorer replica/homage.

Do you think this is a good combo? Opinions please.

Journeyman
    I would suggest Bill's "cathedral" hands and "ball" (lumed) sweep second hand instead. That combo can be viewed on his website. I think the MoD hands would be too "modern" with that case and dial combo. You might also like the "48" hands on this watch. They are also high contrast and would look good with the 369 dial.

Whatever you decide, you will not be disappointed. Bill Yao's watches are great. I currently own four myself: Quad 10, Blackwater, Stingray 70, and one of his early O&W conversions.

Craftsman
    Grayman,

Thanks for the input. I like the idea of the type 48 hands. Since I like that idea, I'd value your opinion on which 369 dial you think they look better with date or non-date. I think I like it with the non-date, it is a little busier and I think it goes well with the simple hands.

Jack

Journeyman
    Hi, Jack -

I agree with your preference for the non-date dial. If you are not going to wear the watch every day, then not having to reset the date is more efficient. Also, the fewer adjustments you need to make to the watch, the better in terms of not causing any problems. Hope this is helpful.