Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
Rolex don't even pay tax, so a bit of a joke imo, some of these comments about breaking the law, esp the people saying don't wear it back into the UK it's not legal !!! what a load of crap postings by people which I bet break the law EVERY day.

Avoiding UK tax is a whole other story if running a UK business, or self employed esp all these companies which take CASH in hand job,s these are the people robbing the UK of VAT etc.
along with the massive TAX avoidance giants !!!

Bringing in a item with no duty paid for personal use seems stupid to even go though the declaring hassle esp as you can buy a watch duty free in the airport at most places anyway !!!

what we are seeing IS China BUYING ALL STOCK in the UK and at every airport !!! TAX free of course !!! and the ques at airports with people claiming VAT back is massive !

It's all moot atm anyway, Rolex price are crazy out the UK and with the lowest £ rate ever paying 6000 euro's for a basic explorer with a rate of 1.12 exchange rate is £1k more than UK prices !!!

even duty free, as Amsterdam airport had most Rolex in stock this weekend (bar daytonas) but again China people buying 2 or 3 at a time and stock vanished , I wanted to buy the new Explorer but it was still 4895 euro !!! so still more than UK price ! did not stop the Chinese lady next to me buying 2 of them and a Sub though !!! lol crazy
If Rolex don't pay tax as you claim, goodness knows how you know that? Then why is it bad to say wear a watch back into the uk without declaring it? You say those people break the law everyday? Are you a saint.....?

The Chinese buyers are avoiding tax as you say with those purchases, I would direct my anger at them instead of Brits buying 1 watch abroad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk