closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek aquanaut availability

Patek aquanaut availability

After seeing one here in sc I'm thinking of buying
    One from an AD
    anybody know if they are readily available ?
    Cheers Andy

Tricky, I called several in my area and all had closed the list. W of S on King Street Manchester, whom I have a very good relationship with even said they couldn't.

Journeyman

Patek availability

Interestingly, I was at a retailer in Singapore and they had no steel sports models as well.

Boodles have a 12 month waiting list. However, Ryan did report seeing some in Central London. You may get lucky, but most people are reporting difficulties finding one and the greys are all selling for more than RRP.

You certainly won't get one at discount or below RRP unless you are very lucky.

Maybe I should have asked more for mine last week !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Boodles have a 12 month waiting list. However, Ryan did report seeing some in Central London. You may get lucky, but most people are reporting difficulties finding one and the greys are all selling for more than RRP.

Haha. Maybe you should have. The list price on one like you had with the rubber strap is £13500 I believe ? What about the price with steel bracelet ?

In Manila there's no shortage and the easiest to get among the three (Nautilus/AP Jumbo/Aquanaut ).

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Haha. Maybe you should have. The list price on one like you had with the rubber strap is £13500 I believe ? What about the price with steel bracelet ?
    You are a bit light there, it's £13,750.00 on the strap and in the £14's with a bracelet. You can buy the strap and buy the bracelet as an additional item if you happen to have a spare £2.5k. Most Aquanaut owners would advise you to swerve the bracelet, the strap is superb and matches the dial.

You are a bit light there, it's £13,750.00 on the strap and in the £14's with a bracelet. You can buy the strap and buy the bracelet as an additional item if you happen to have a spare £2.5k. Most Aquanaut owners would advise you to swerve the bracelet, the strap is superb and matches the dial.
    Good advice thank you
    An AD I've used before can get me one for march hopefully

Or buy on bracelet and add the strap and clasp
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Or buy on bracelet and add the strap and clasp
    is the clasp not 2k or something mental

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    is the clasp not 2k or something mental
    If you buy the watch with the bracelet it is dearer to start with, but the strap is £180 and the SS Deployant is about £1,200,to £1,400'ish - so they get you either way.

Also factor in £1k every five years or so for a service and case refurbishment.

Master
    Why did you decide to sell Ken? Thought she was a keeper

Master
    Blog Entries
    David Duggan had one in the window the other day (as well as the GMT version)

It was good to see some Aquanauts and Nautilus on my recent trip to London in used / grey dealers. I was surprised how big the 5711 Nautilus was and also how nice the white dial version was (looks bland and boring in pictures)

The Travel Time Aquanaut surprised me (preferred it to the 5167 which I did not expect) and I also saw the Rosegold 5167 in WatchClub which was very nice (though I'm not a gold person!)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    It was good to see some Aquanauts and Nautilus on my recent trip to London in used / grey dealers. I was surprised how big the 5711 Nautilus was and also how nice the white dial version was (looks bland and boring in pictures)

The Travel Time Aquanaut surprised me (preferred it to the 5167 which I did not expect) and I also saw the Rosegold 5167 in WatchClub which was very nice (though I'm not a gold person!)

I was lucky enough to get to see the Patek Exhibition last Friday and also try the 5167 and 5711 and i have to agree with you the 5711 white dial was lovely in the flesh, much nicer than i've seen any picture do it justice and the size was perfect. I was very underwhelmed with the 5167, it just seemed to wear very small, I went in expecting to love the Aquanaut and not so much the Nautilus but came out exactly the opposite way around. Was suggested to me approx. 2yr wait for 5711 and 1ish yr for the 5167, name on list for 5711 white dial.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    I was lucky enough to get to see the Patek Exhibition last Friday and also try the 5167 and 5711 and i have to agree with you the 5711 white dial was lovely in the flesh, much nicer than i've seen any picture do it justice and the size was perfect. I was very underwhelmed with the 5167, it just seemed to wear very small, I went in expecting to love the Aquanaut and not so much the Nautilus but came out exactly the opposite way around. Was suggested to me approx. 2yr wait for 5711 and 1ish yr for the 5167, name on list for 5711 white dial.
    Two year wait ? Did they need a deposit at all?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
    Two year wait ? Did they need a deposit at all?
    No deposit, but to be fair i had just bought the missus an AP, and i suspect that even if i were to pass theres plenty of others in the Q.

Check out the prices on Chrono24 and see how much they are going for, most are way above the MRSP!

Boodles in the Royal Exchange quoted me 2 years last Friday or if you already have a PP or purchased a watch from them they can "fast track you" - but couldn't quantify what that means!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    Boodles in the Royal Exchange quoted me 2 years last Friday or if you already have a PP or purchased a watch from them they can "fast track you" - but couldn't quantify what that means!
    Thanks for replies, not git enough for one, let alone two plus.....one day maybe ?

Don't be put off by the list, it was a month from enquiry until I got the call to say mine was arriving in a few days!

I didn't go through with the purchase (slightly regret) but good job I did as the Daytona turned up shortly after.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Who was that thru Pitbull? Boodles?

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Who was that thru Pitbull? Boodles?
    No Parkhouse, another member picked it up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    Sounds more promising then :)

If you buy the watch with the bracelet it is dearer to start with, but the strap is £180 and the SS Deployant is about £1,200,to £1,400'ish - so they get you either way.Also factor in £1k every five years or so for a service and case refurbishment.
    - - - Updated - - -

If you buy the watch with the bracelet it is dearer to start with, but the strap is £180 and the SS Deployant is about £1,200,to £1,400'ish - so they get you either way.

Also factor in £1k every five years or so for a service and case refurbishment.

Or have the first service agreed as free with the Boutique, then only £1k after the 2nd service - that's cheaper than most.

- - - Updated - - -

Or have the first service agreed as free with the Boutique, then only £1k after the 2nd service - that's cheaper than most.
    Not much good if you got yours from Watchfinder as I did.

Craftsman
    - - - Updated - - -

How does this go down with dealer. Do they generally offer this ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    How does this go down with dealer. Do they generally offer this ?
    I think that's at the expense of the AD - they presumably get a discount on service costs. Whereas Patek own and run their boutiques directly.

Fixed that. Mind you, I did negotiate three percent a year or two ago.

Banned
    I tried a gold one on today,lovely not what I expected.

I've decided to go for the 5712 and my AD thinks he can get me one before Xmas or at the latest sometime in Jan 2017
    Andy

Master
    I suspect Brexit is making everything unpredictable. The pound continues to be devalued and we can't know what trade tariffs will be in place. My instinct is that the sooner you buy, the better. It minimises variables. And let's face it, what interest will you get on your, devalued, savings anyway. Better to at least have a fine watch to cheer you up.
    I plan to buy as soon as I can.

Master
    Hettich in Jersey often have the 5711 (white) in the window. Could be worth a call to check current inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I suspect Brexit is making everything unpredictable. The pound continues to be devalued and we can't know what trade tariffs will be in place. My instinct is that the sooner you buy, the better. It minimises variables. And let's face it, what interest will you get on your, devalued, savings anyway. Better to at least have a fine watch to cheer you up.
    I plan to buy as soon as I can.
    Yep - pretty accurate IMHO. Prices in GBP are going to have to go up 15% or more, inflation is coming, incomes/living standards are going to be squeezed, savings are going to be devalued yet again, and unemployment figures are going to rise. Buy now if you were planning to.