closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moving house hints and tips

Banned

Moving house hints and tips

I've only ever had one house, but now its time to move on.

I haven't much [no] idea how to go about, but I have found a reasonable estate agent [some of them where the stereotypes you couldn't trust].

anyway I am taking his guidance but in the end he's its just business to him.

so any pointers on what to avoid, pitfalls or positive things to do will be appreciated.

I am selling a freehold flat and moving to a 2/3 bedroom house [or preferably a bungalow if I can find one]

no mortgage to complicate things.

Burnsey66 is your man 👍

Spare room?

I would always personally use a real estate agent instead of an online one. The reason is because what you save upfront is likely lost on the sale price and the ability to discuss issues you may have.

When you move in I think paying for packing is worth every penny due to the fact you can live a normal life until the day before.

They are my 2 tips :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've moved a few times without using a removals company. Will never make that mistake again!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Have a good sort out and throw out lots of crap
    Pay for a packaging service with the removal company
    If possible,try to find a recommended solicitor/conveyancer rather than just trusting to pot luck

Move somewhere with stairs . This will help you gain entry to the building if the entrance is not on the ground floor.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Move somewhere with stairs . This will help you gain entry to the building if the entrance is not on the ground floor.
    Surely it needs a balcony?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Pay for a packaging service with the removal company
    This is excellent advise and really reduced stress levels for us last time we moved.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Burnsey66 is your man 
    Only advice I can give is tell the agent not to allow women to view unaccompanied.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    This is excellent advise and really reduced stress levels for us last time we moved.
    right all thanks for packaging company that tip its gone top of my list

this was one of my biggest concerns

Make sure you don't lose your watch boxes and papers.

And best of luck

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Make sure you don't lose your watch boxes and papers.

And best of luck
    I have more Nikon boxes than watch boxes, loosing papers and things is a bit of a worry.

after we moved my mum this year she couldn't find anything.

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    Is your flat really freehold? That sounds very unusual to me but if it is make sure the agent highlights the fact in the sales literature - It could be a major advantage.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nuttington View Post
    Is your flat really freehold? That sounds very unusual to me but if it is make sure the agent highlights the fact in the sales literature - It could be a major advantage.

yes its I something like a 1000 years all owners are directors we have total control

though to be honest I don't fully understand what it all means

Quote Originally Posted by sammyl1000 View Post
    I would always personally use a real estate agent instead of an online one. The reason is because what you save upfront is likely lost on the sale price and the ability to discuss issues you may have.

When you move in I think paying for packing is worth every penny due to the fact you can live a normal life until the day before.

They are my 2 tips :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I would certainly consider an online estate agent. We had no problems using hatched.co.uk. The fees are far lower than traditional estate agents and most people seem to use Rightmove etc to find properties now anyway.

Banned
    chancellors have offered a solicitor they work with/partner fees will be about £950

any reason not to go with them?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nuttington View Post
    Or disadvantage; if the buyer needs a mortgage the question of roof maintenance may be raised. This came up when my Great Aunt's estate was dealt with. There may well be some sort of covenant relating to exterior maintenance. The property in question was a top floor purpose built flat/maisonnette.
    Last edited by phil h; 10th November 2016 at 13:57.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    chancellors have offered a solicitor they work with/partner fees will be about £950

any reason not to go with them?
    Is £950 all in? What, if any, are the billable extras? Get a very clear run down of this in advance.

There can be a conflict of interest in using their recommended solicitor but generally this is an issue more if you're the buyer rather than the seller. I've always used my own solicitor though.

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    yes its I something like a 1000 years all owners are directors we have total control

though to be honest I don't fully understand what it all means
    That's not the same as freehold. That sounds as though all owners have a share of the freehold which is held by the management company.

Banned
    we are the management company just the owners though only a few of us take any interest

ive gone through my documents but cant work out where I find out if its freehold [again I don't know what it means anyway].

It sounds like you have a leasehold flat, but crucially, with a share of the freehold split between all the other owners.

Steer well clear of online estate agents, they will cost you money.

Pick a good, local, independent agent who is run by one of the business owners. Make sure they take good photographs.

An Energy performance certificate will be needed for you to sell and cost about 80 quid. Of course, you may have one already if the property has been sold in the last 7 years.

I'm an estate agent of nearly 11 years, feel free to pick my brains.

Banned
    thanks I may do

I had photos and certificate done this morning I've just had a viewing at 4.30 and another on Monday afternoon next

its not even listed yet