closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ashford (US) - any experience?

Ashford (US) - any experience?

Anyone bought a watch from www.ashford.com (clicking link doesn't work for me but typing in browser does)?

Prices seem low.

Craftsman
    I bought from them many moons ago. Communication was excellent, and the shipment to Germany went without a glitch.

Master
    I've bought from them before without any problems. Delivery was quick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Mark?
    Me? I posted a message but it was in error so I deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Me? I posted a message but it was in error so I deleted it.
    Yes, I was replying but your message had gone! Have they disabled linking to their site?

Blog Entries
    Yes, I was replying but your message had gone! Have they disabled linking to their site?
    Ah, I see. :-) Yes, I think they have disabled linking to their site. I suspect/guess/infer that it's an overzealous .htaccess file, the real intention being to prevent leeching of their pics.

Master
    Bought from Ashford a couple of years ago. Quick delivery. Can't remember which courier service delivered it, but I paid the VAT and courier fee direct to the delivery guy. Fortunately he was happy to accept payment by cheque.

Master
    I've bought from them (via Amazon.com)... it was a Bulova. Watch arrived as described, although I got stung for customs... but expected that anyway.

Journeyman
    I bought an Edox for she who must now be obeyed about 18 months ago, it arrived well packaged. it took longer to pass through customs in dublin than processing and shipping to dublin though. Two and a half days from ordering to arrival in Dublin customs centre, 7 days waiting there. Ashford cannot be blamed for public servants on a go-slow i suppose. I am eyeing one or two pieces on their black friday sale again.

The grey Zenith Port Royal at $1,900 looks very tempting!

Thanks for the (positive) comments.

What worried me is the reviews here https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.ashford.com (but, as always, the few with a negative experience are far more likely to comment) and that there is only Asford's own 2-year guarantee which could well be a nightmare to deal with if anything does go wrong.

Bought a Rado couple years ago at half less than half the UK price, delivery was first class, thought i got away with customs but that bill came a couple months later.

Blog Entries
    What worried me is the reviews here https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.ashford.com (but, as always, the few with a negative experience are far more likely to comment) and that there is only Asford's own 2-year guarantee which could well be a nightmare to deal with if anything does go wrong.
    It seems to me that they are worth using but only if you accept that their warranty is worthless, so any repairs will have to be paid for locally.

I have a Jean Richard I purchased from them - no issues watch perfect as described- had import duty as expected.