closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS 22 - GMT

Master

PRS 22 - GMT

Hello,

I just received a Speedbird III GMT and I thought I would share some views and opinions derived from the small time I have spent with it..
    this will not be a review just some quick thoughts and comments!
    So as soon I I opened the packaging and came across the watch I was really blown away by the quality! Thick, nice bracelet with solid end links? Well, that oozes quality...
    The case is also really nice, I love the satin finish and the proportions.
    The dial is so easy to read... I always thought that at 39mm the watch would look quite small but the omission of a thick bezel leaves so much estate for the dial and the watch does seem bigger!
    I love the dial and how easy it is to read. I also like the fact that the 24 hour scale is not intrusive at all but at the same time very easy to read. The 24h hand is a very welcome splash of colour that adds to the character of the watch.
    I cannot really comment on the timekeeping ability of the watch yet, but during the last 6 hours it has gained two seconds. If it keeps it up like that it would be +8s/d which is not bad at all considering this has probably never been serviced. The initial owner took delivery in 2011 and the watch is no: 024.
    There really are only a few improvements I could think off with the most important being a black date disk and probably a signed crown. I would have also liked to see the arrow at 12 o clock being filled with luminous material. That would have made it easier to distinguish between 12 and 6 o clock especially with the watch off the wrist.
    This is currently offered for £565 in the timefactors website. The first ones like mine were offered for £415. Even at £565 this is a bargain to be had. I don't really think that there is anything similar around at this price point.
    The only similar offering I can think off at the moment is the Oak and Oscar Sandford with an internal rotatable bezel, two signed crowns, a black date ring and a very nice sandwich dial. My first observation is that the case is pretty much exactly the same as the Speedbird (sourced from and Asian manufacturer) and at £1500 without factoring in any custom charges I would not think that it could rival Eddie's proposition!
    I really am amazed by the quality of this... i have recently been venturing into more and more expensive pieces such as Tudors, Rolexes etc believing I would derive more pleasure from the perceived better quality... the Speedbird has just proved to me how wrong I can be sometimes...
    As was mentioned above i really like the watch and I am amazed by the quality... it just proves that there is immense pleasure to be gained from some pieces without having to sell a kidney to acquire them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ar.parask; 8th November 2016 at 19:26.

Congratulations! I've had three of the original watches, 2 are still with family and a friend in Oz and I still have my first one to this day.

I love it. I don't have an issue with the date wheel, as either white on black, or black on white works perfectly, with the current disc being arguably an easier read.

It just works, and I prefer it to my Voyager.

Enjoy :)
    It's just a matter of time...

If you think the dial looks bigger than 39mm now, wait until it's dark and the lime reflects off the polished rehaut. It makes the dial look even larger and very legible in poor light conditions.

I'm on my second (non GMT) Speedbird.

Looks great. Been considering one of these for a while. Goes well on that strap also.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Looks great. Been considering one of these for a while. Goes well on that strap also.

It really is quite versatile. I do not think you would be disappointed if you decided to go for one..

It's a great watch, and I'm glad you like it! I suspect I'll end up missing that one...
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Yes the Speedbird III looks really good.
    I've got the 1 & 2 ...... the 3 is very tempting.
    Regards ....... Gary.