closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn EZM2B Service.

Sinn EZM2B Service.

After years of sterling service, the EZM2b has finally died so its of on its jaunt back to HQ for a battery change and service!

Wonder how long to will take! some of the wait times from previous post have been several months from flash to bang.

oh well, plenty new toys to keep me amused !-)

my UX service took 9 weeks including post from NZ and return from Germany. found it to be a simple process and was emailed at each step. the only delay is on arrival, when it gets there it is logged with all the others and then a confirmation email is sent so dont be surprised if your postal tracking shows arrived but there is a few days delay from Sinn.

Craftsman
    Mine is over three years now. Am I right in thinking batteries should last about 6 years? and what is the service cost please.

How much is the service charge now? I've got one I need to send over.

Think it's 220euro. The price list is on the website.

Think my battery has lasted about 6 years and the oil has degraded the lume.

Quote Originally Posted by davie0146 View Post
    Think it's 220euro. The price list is on the website.

Think my battery has lasted about 6 years and the oil has degraded the lume.
    Indeed it is! There is a pdf file linked from this page.

What gets me is that they charge €50 for return shipment. Postage costs from Germany are normally quite reasonable, in my experience, and this seems a bit over the top. Apart from taking a trip over there to collect it, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative, please? I should mention that I have several Sinn watches and none of them are new...

Prices seem to have gone up rather fast, I paid 140 euro in 2013 for my EZM2, previous battery change according to the Sinn records was in 2003, so the battery lasted 10 years. Some advice : take pictures of your watch ( on a newspaper) before shipping, they managed scratching my case and it was , I think, only thanks to the pictures I had taken that they replaced the case foc...

Sinn have received and confirmed a 7-8 week turnaround. Also replacing the dial and hands FOC due to oil degradation.

And its back....

just arrived on my desk with a nice new dial.

top service from start to finish with Sinn, and kept in the loop throughout.

Craftsman
    Sinn are a fairly good service organisation.

I got an EZM 2 done a number of years ago and it came back in double quick time with new hands and dial in a great service case.

How much was it in the end?

220 euro for service, then 50euro for return shipping.

Journeyman
    Sorry for highjacking Your thread OP, but I am about to send my EZM-2 GSG-9 to Sinn for battery change and service. Will they change dial and hands so it will be as it is (thinking about the GSG-9 dial) or will they just swap it for a new EZM-2 dial? (I was thinking of leave the dial and hands as it is just for the greyish patina, but I am unsure of that - any thoughts?)
    regards
    Terje

Random aside - has anyone ever been to the factory shop?

Terje

Depending on the state of the dial, they will replace but will contact you to confirm, mine was done free of charge. Mine was also the gsg9 dial and was replaced with another gsg9 dial.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by davie0146 View Post
    And its back....

just arrived on my desk with a nice new dial.

top service from start to finish with Sinn, and kept in the loop throughout.
    You were bloody lucky. Took them 7 weeks just to quote on my EZM1
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

😁

Was expecting 7-8weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    You were bloody lucky. Took them 7 weeks just to quote on my EZM1

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Just don't send your Sinn back to P & C !!
    😀 Straight back to Sinn, no messing about

I just sent my EZM2b in for a service and to have it converted to an GSG9 model
    They said it would be around 8/10 weeks for this