closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Whos still riding their motorcycle?

Just had a blast on the Diavel thanks to the Rukka jacket I bought on SC. What a fantastic piece of kit that jacket is, perfect for this time of year.

Until the ice / salt hits the road, I'll keep riding!

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I don't understand I ride a Six Speed!!!
    Just for you then...

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master
    If I wasnt recovering from a shocker of a cold I would have been out there today, shouldn't be long before Im fully fit and back out
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    If I wasnt recovering from a shocker of a cold I would have been out there today, shouldn't be long before Im fully fit and back out
    Same here

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Got back from Thailand Friday morning, out on the bike saterday morning with the missus on the back...........7 degrees!!!!
    oh, and forgot to put the liner in the halvorrsons so a tad chilly!!

mike

off next week to Bruges for the Xmas market if the missus can get time off.

Whos still riding their motorcycle?

Lovely crisp morning for a ride on the Lambretta

Out this morning Norh Yorkshire area, think I need to invest in some heated grips, or a pair of better gloves.

Master
    Out In North Yorks yesterday, pilgramage to Jeffries BMW, Craigs Honda, Leeds Ducati, and Triumph. Not bad for a 2 hour ride!
    4.5 deg C max so wrapped up and heated grips on all the way!

Craftsman
    Had my blade out this afternoon for a quick shake down. I like to get it moving once a month through the winter months. Cold!!! Only did 20 miles but it took an hour and a half to get warm again. I had heated grips on my 600 and used that all weathers including snow, they make all the difference.

Had the Daytona out yesterday for a blast across to North Finchley to take my eldest son his birthday present. The 90 mile round trip was quite pleasant on the outward journey but started getting a bit chilly on the way home after the sun had gone down!

Slightly chilly today. Nice ride regardless.

Couldn't resist the temptation today. Roads were quite dry and much of the salt washed away yesterday.

Nipped up to Ely to see the massive Christmas tree in the Cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Couldn't resist the temptation today. Roads were quite dry and much of the salt washed away yesterday.

Nipped up to Ely to see the massive Christmas tree in the Cathedral.

It may just be me, but there is just something magical about a red Ducati!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Out this morning Norh Yorkshire area, think I need to invest in some heated grips, or a pair of better gloves.
    Elephant ear type muffs made by the likes of Tucano are hard to beat. Together with heated grips are unbeatable.

Having said that I use my heated grips as soon as the temp drops below 10 deg C just to keep the old fingers supple.

Journeyman
    I ride all year round. Its easy when you live in Cyprus :P No need for heated vest and grips.

Riding more since the start of autumn than I did throughout summer. In part that was due to the highly variable weather around here through summer which meant alternating heavy rain and bright harsh sunshine through clouds every half hour. Impossible to gear up for that kind of weather.

Bought a GS1200 in November and it feels comfortable in conditions that had my previous bikes feeling precarious. Looking forward to getting out between Christmas and new year on it :)

Grand Master
    Popped out for 25 miles today in Jeans and T Shirt with new Lindstrands Jacket on, was chilly but body nice and warm, awesome day
    RIAC

Went to the Wickham Square Boxing Day meet with my lad. It's a very popular event with loads of classic cars and bikes.

Nice ride too in the sunshine - just a shame the roads were still mostly wet.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Today was the first day this year him in doors decided to take the car to work. Slid the car doing next to no miles per hour on the ice at the top of the hill near home - too rural for gritting!

Fog and ice never lifted all day....

My old man, in his 70's, has just swapped his 2nd or 3rd GS for a new R1200R with all the toys - he is loving the quick shifter and went for a lap of the TT course Christmas Day morning :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    My old man, in his 70's, has just swapped his 2nd or 3rd GS for a new R1200R with all the toys - he is loving the quick shifter and went for a lap of the TT course Christmas Day morning :)
    The R1200R is just brilliant. Love mine.

I find the quick shifter encourages me to go up and down the box a lot, rather than riding the big twin's wave of torque; seamless up-changes and the lovely blip going down :-)

Craftsman
    Froze to bits but worth a blast out. Til I got home and spent an hour cleaning salt off it

XT1200z

Still riding this one as preferred transport above 5 degrees and not wet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    Blog Entries
    Black ice underfoot this morning - the bike is staying in the garage today!

Master
    1.5 Deg C but ride needed to try out my new to me Garmin Zumo sat nav. Quick ride through Haworth ( Bronte Country) only to stumble on a Pre 1965 classic bike trial, run by Yorkshire Classic Trials Club

http://www.yorksclassictrials.co.uk

Fantastic free entertainment, must have been 40 to 50 competitors and about 6 spectators. Riders were so friendly, all very chatty. Riding everthing from BSA Bantams, C15's Tiger Cubs Ariels upto a BSA Goldstar!

Sorry no photos left my phone at home, some nice ones on their site too

Steve

Bit nippy this morning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a nice run out yesterday, spent 4-5hrs export around Settle, Slaidburn and that area. Mostly fine although it was sub-zero the whole time. At one point I crested a hill on a single track road to find the dip after it entirely full of slush and sheet ice, looked like it had been in shade the whole day and nothing had melted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    Had a nice run out yesterday, spent 4-5hrs export around Settle, Slaidburn and that area. Mostly fine although it was sub-zero the whole time. At one point I crested a hill on a single track road to find the dip after it entirely full of slush and sheet ice, looked like it had been in shade the whole day and nothing had melted.

Is the top photo looking down towards the bridge and car park in Slaidburn? If so that a lovely road. I cycled it on new yrs eve. Last summer I stopped in Slaidburn to find about 60 or 70 classic scooters all parked up on the grass. All the owners were queing up for brews from the tiny tea shop.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Is the top photo looking down towards the bridge and car park in Slaidburn? If so that a lovely road. I cycled it on new yrs eve. Last summer I stopped in Slaidburn to find about 60 or 70 classic scooters all parked up on the grass. All the owners were queing up for brews from the tiny tea shop.

Steve
    Yes that's the place. I've only been through there once before but it's a lovely road.

Craftsman
    Great photo's especially with the rivulet of ice by the side of the bike.

My bikes are sat in the carpeted garage on chargers

Thought I recognised the road into Slaidburn.

We use the Lythe Fell road out of Slaidburn over the tops to Bentham regularly when the weather is decent (maybe that's your 2nd picture?) . Certainly not at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Thought I recognised the road into Slaidburn.

We use the Lythe Fell road out of Slaidburn over the tops to Bentham regularly when the weather is decent (maybe that's your 2nd picture?) . Certainly not at this time of year.
    Same place from another angle. I am new to the area so don't have a clue where I was!

Not the Lythe Fell road, that's single track.

Master
    Im guessing Waddington fell just before the top in the direction of Newton to Clitheroe.

Google maps history shows the route.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Im guessing Waddington fell just before the top in the direction of Newton to Clitheroe.
    Looks like you're right.

I am not riding at all, so was wondering who was still going out in this weather.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    I am not riding at all, so was wondering who was still going out in this weather.
    Me, i ride for a Blood bike group, did a blood delivery last night on my own RT and am also on duty tonight and tomorrow night. Bit of rain never hurt anyone :) Do have Rukka gear though which is superb.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

Unfortunately the winter has seen the battery off in my Diavel. I put it on the trickle and that revived it slightly, but after the last freeze its dead. Good news is its been into Ducati Manchester today for a new one, and a service. So I am now looking forward to warmer days and more light in the eves, and I'll be out again.

May venture up to Rivvy Barn this Sunday tho, weather permitting.

Stuart
    Last edited by cinnabull; 1st February 2017 at 13:59.

Master
    Did about 40 miles on the GS on Saturday, cold and wet. Met a biker who had ridden up from Somerset that morning 300 miles plus. Certainly stopped me complaining!

Got me pipe polished.....

It hurt having me pipe polished at first (financially) but that soon wore off once I saw the effect. I can just sit back and wait for the nicer weather now, pipe polished and the bike serviced ready to go.

Stuart

Craftsman
    Nice looking bike :)

Master
    Out on the Kawasaki 250 today. Lovely two stroke trails following me everywhere. Also flushed the old fuel out of my classic ped. Petrol that came out was red with rust......Good old hydroscopic Ethanol loaded petrol.

Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    Thanks pal. I know they aren't everyones cup of tea looks wise, but they are a hell of a bike. Fast (read very), comfy, economical, handle and stop better than most riders can exploit, and with the unbaffled Termis on sound sublime. My mate also has one, a Carbon version, and we deffo get some admiring looks when we're out together.

Stuart

I'm still riding! Hate the cold and hate the rain but even when it's pouring down I'm happy to be on the bike.

OMG that is one dirty GS. You must spend as much time cleaning it as riding,

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    OMG that is one dirty GS. You must spend as much time cleaning it as riding,

Stuart
    Obviously not! Lol

The great thing about the GS is that it's supposed to be dirty but cleans up well without too much effort.

Craftsman

Still ride for work, every weekday. Riding in London means that winter has the benefit of less spotless tasseled Harleys blocking the bike bays but it's bloody cold!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post

+1 the polished pipes were worth it

Just back from a great blast in the country in the sunshine

First time out since Boxing Day & boy did it feel good.
    Last edited by andy tims; 4th February 2017 at 17:11.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57