closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sonos vs Bose

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Then if you haven't used it for a while it turns itself off and you have to go and link it up again. Pain in the neck when you've just plumped yourself down with a coffee, etc.
    +1000 re: my SoundLink Mini - so annoying!

OK, so Sonos it is.

I am happy to spend any amount of money so long as it's good value and quality, so I could get the Sonos 5 BUT the rooms I want to use it in are fairly small, and so I just worry that the Sonos 5 is hugely over-powered and since most of the time it'll be on fairly quiet, how does it perform at quieter volumes? As such, perhaps the Sonos 1 is better (i.e. at lower volumes perhaps identical to the Songs 5??), but on the occasion that I want to crank it up will I regret not getting the 5...

Also, these aren't portable / battery powered - I carry my SoundLink Mini from room to room as I need it, so I suppose I'd need to buy 2 or 3 Sonos units, which is where the cost suddenly spirals, especially at £350 per Sonos 5 unit...

I'm beginning to think I am getting sucked into a world I don't fully understand, with budget creep where perhaps a Chinese brand bluetooth speaker costing £50 on Amazon would, to my ears, do the job perfectly...

Thanks for all the replies though!

Master
    Buy a play 1 and try it out in the room you mainly use, if it isn't enough (I doubt it) you can always relegate it to the kitchen etc or one of the other rooms you occasionally listen in. Trust me you will end up buying a few over time anyway and the play 1 is superb for places like kitchen bedroom etc.
    What dimensions is the room you have in ind for it? I'll see if we have a similar sized room here and tell you what it's like in that room

Master
    Just seen you're only in Manchester if you want a loan of a play 1 to try out we can sort it or if you want to come here and listen to a 1,3 and 5 in various rooms you're more than welcome.

Master
    If you do decide to go Sonos get the 5 - it works great at lower volumes and will give you the kick you need for gatherings etc - to my ears the new version sounds top notch.

Forgot to mention I've also got the sound link Mini which does a great job for taking on holiday, desk at work etc so you can use both, no need for the bose to be redundant, although the BT drop outs and relinking are a pain.