closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First Cock-up of the year

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    Yeah. I know obi one....can you show me the light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many watch manufacturers both mechanical and quartz state in their instructions that changing the date between certain times eg 10pm -2am should be avoided lest terrible things should befall the date change mechanism, though plagues of frogs and lightening bolts are never quoted they are hinted at in forums like this one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Many watch manufacturers both mechanical and quartz state in their instructions that changing the date between certain times eg 10pm -2am should be avoided lest terrible things should befall the date change mechanism, though plagues of frogs and lightening bolts are never quoted they are hinted at in forums like this one.
    Interesting....I just picked up the watch usually when it had run down, changed the date to the day before and thwn advanced the time to the correct one. I'll watch out for this when hunting an omega dsotm and darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I didn't know that quartz movements were also potentially affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    I didn't know that quartz movements were also potentially affected.
    Pull the crown out to the 1st click (calendar setting position).
    2. Set the desired date by turning the crown counterclockwise.
    3. Set the desired day of the week by turning the crown clockwise.
    • In the case of date display models, turning the crown clockwise will result in the loose
    play of the crown.
    4. After you have set the calendar, be sure to press the crown back to its normal position.
    • Do not adjust the calendar when the watch is reading as below. Otherwise the
    calendar may not change correctly.
    * Date display models ..... between 9:00 pm and 1:00 am

This is from the instruction manual of a Citizen eco drive I have.

Journeyman
    Excuse my stupidity from reading this, but I could potentially damage my GMT2 and '98 DateJust by adjusting the date between the hours of 9pm and 1am?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbez View Post
    Excuse my stupidity from reading this, but I could potentially damage my GMT2 and '98 DateJust by adjusting the date between the hours of 9pm and 1am?
    Could you? Why?

Modern Rolex should be absolutely fine.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 3rd January 2017 at 21:33.
    It's just a matter of time...

I have just managed to do this on my 7750 based Sinn Chrono. No idea why though as I am always careful to change the day/date during the 'safe' hours. The date wheel seemed to lock and get stuck halfway through the change with resistance felt turning the crown. First watch failure in 12 years of collecting...