closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelagos

Pelagos

I have been seriously thinking about the Tudor Pelagos blue just lately.
    I tried one on a while ago at my local AD. My AD did suggest a chance of discount. Need to confirm that.
    I have since found 3 for sale.
    One on ebay for 2.5k good price but risk involved as cheque only so no comeback.
    WF have one 6 months old for 2.75k and 12month interest free which is handy.
    And then Iconic have an advertised price of 2.7k for new.
    Any owners out there still loving there blues or blacks for that matter.

I consider the latest 25600 a bargain with the in-house movement. The 25500 was a bargain too.

What's not to love about this proper tool watch? Matte bracelet with great adjustments, matte ceramic bezel, matte dial, great build quality, great lume.

It's a very underappreciated watch and this Tudor "Seadweller" is a keeper for me! Only thing I would want, is a 40mm version.

Journeyman

Blue all the way !!

Although I respected the Pelagos , it never done much for me in the looks department , however , while in a dealer , I was waiting a long time for assistant to help me get some info on a Mont Blanc , so while I got a bit bored another assistant can I help you sir ,right at the second said BLUE pelegos caught my eye .
    Wow what a beautiful thing , it was love at first sight . I didn't buy it because now I've got the left hand version just arrived so the blue will have to wait for at least another week

Rolex heritage at half the price on a ti braclet with rubber and truly a dive watch. what's not to like?
    The blue is classy too..... i'd reccommed one without hesitation.

Leonard Dews in Blackpool has brand new Pelagos, one black and one blue for £2265.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Rolex heritage at half the price on a ti braclet with rubber and truly a dive watch. what's not to like?
    The blue is classy too..... i'd reccommed one without hesitation.
    +10

Craftsman
    i've been really tempted to give one a try, i certainly will at some point. I'm a big fan of the overall matte-ness. it ticks similar aesthetic boxes for me as matte dial subs, albeit in a modern package... which of course has its own benefits. I would have preferred it slightly smaller but i've not tried one on... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    Leonard Dews in Blackpool has brand new Pelagos, one black and one blue for £2265.

That's a phonomenal bite your hand off price!

That's a phonomenal bite your hand off price!
    Black is on bracelet and blue is on rubber (both in stock as of yesterday). They have 25% off all remaining Tudor stock as I think they're not going to be an AD anymore.

Should be 25% discount at the Leonard Dews sell off on Tudor.
    It's just a matter of time...

As standard they come with Ti and rubber I think?

As standard they come with Ti and rubber I think?
    Ahhh that makes more sense.

benwoodroffe
    Top watch. As a skinny wrist i wish this was just a smidgen smaller, 40mm and slightly slimmer and I'd be all over one like a hot rash

Craftsman
    very nice watch, I like the blue one and in my opinion the 2.2K is a very decent price

I bought one late last year together with a Rado for the (now) wife as wedding watches, so no intention of selling. I got just under 15% off them both together from Ernest Jones, although I wouldn't have got that on just the Pelagos.

It wasn't a watch I thought I'd like that much as I'd seen the black version before and thought a little 'flat' and dare I say, rather boring, but the blue really got under my skin. Size, weight, colour (both the blue and grey of the titanium) just worked for me.

I bought a pelagos black gen 1 last month, admired them since it was released but only got round to getting one.

Simply amazing watch, fantastic details and real high quality, no regrets at all. That is a fantastic price for in house movement version.

Thanks for the replies so far. I think I need to ring Leonard Dews in the morning.
    There's no mention of it on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by scrog10 View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far. I think I need to ring Leonard Dews in the morning.
    I emailed them on monday, and got the photos of what stock they had left yesterday so hopefully they still have what you want. They seem very helpful.

There's been nothing mentioned on the website regarding the Tudor sale, I know a good few have gone but there was still a few left the other day. At that price you can't go wrong. I know I couldn't resist.

ATB

If the blue doesn't have a bracelet, I think that is too expensive.
    A lot on here can get 20% off Tudor through work at Goldsmiths, so not such a bargain as you would think.

Smile Pelagos on its way.

I would like to officially thank AAddicts for his post about the Blackpool Pelagos.

It is a full set with both the titanium and rubber bracelets and the paperwork now has my name on it.
    Hopefully it will be on my wrist sometime tomorrow.

So THANK YOU AAddicks it is very much appreciated.

Master
    If I was you OP, I'd be seriously thinking about the one in SC at the moment...

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...educed-%A31950

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    If I was you OP, I'd be seriously thinking about the one in SC at the moment...

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...educed-%A31950
    Is that the old eta movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Is that the old eta movement

It certainly is. Did he stipulate in house only, I missed that. I know he was looking at the blue which is in house movement but also asked about black variants too (either)

I personally prefer the black ETA dial and wouldn't bother me having an ETA either.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    It certainly is. Did he stipulate in house only, I missed that. I know he was looking at the blue which is in house movement but also asked about black variants too (either)

I personally prefer the black ETA dial and wouldn't bother me having an ETA either.
    No he didn't stipulate in house only - was just asking as my knowledge is not so good on pelgos

I would like to officially thank AAddicts for his post about the Blackpool Pelagos.

It is a full set with both the titanium and rubber bracelets and the paperwork now has my name on it.

Great news, congratulations on the new incoming.

Journeyman
    May I ask which versions the retailer has left please?

Pics when it lands please!

See below.
    Last edited by scrog10; 6th January 2017 at 20:32.

Day one with my new Pelagos

And a cheeky family photo.

Congratulations Scrog. Wear it in good health. Great watch!

I agree, great looking understated but classy watches that are very functional. The only drawback from my point of view is the clasp, I just couldn't live with the slit and markings on the main part. This sets the watch apart, no doubt, but for me it ruins the whole piece.

As a tool watch and a dive watch I think the clasp is exceptional and suits it's purpose. I understand your point though. It just fits the design of the watch for me.

Day one with my new Pelagos

And a cheeky family photo.

Congrats! You won't regret it!

Craftsman
    I'd love a black one. Just can't warrant the money. I understand theirs an eta and an in house movement one. What other differences are there?
    I have seen there is one for sale in the sale section.

Just the text on the dial (ETA has fewer lines), the marker near the date window (date moved a bit) and unsure about slight difference in thickness.

Gen. 1 owner of a black one myself. Very comfortable and I love how it is a very modern watch, with just a nod to the past in the snowflake hands.

The look is understated, nothing bling about it which works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Just the text on the dial (ETA has fewer lines), the marker near the date window (date moved a bit) and unsure about slight difference in thickness.

Gen. 1 owner of a black one myself. Very comfortable and I love how it is a very modern watch, with just a nod to the past in the snowflake hands.

The look is understated, nothing bling about it which works for me.

Agreed.

A proper tool watch.

Some prefer Gen 1 because of the simplicity of the dial. I appreciate both versions.

Craftsman
    Whats the reserve on the gen 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie_66 View Post
    I'd love a black one. Just can't warrant the money. I understand theirs an eta and an in house movement one. What other differences are there?
    I have seen there is one for sale in the sale section.
    The date window is closer in on the original version, leaving space outside it for an hour marker. From photos it seems to me like on the original version the lumed markers are a bit thicker, and so have a sharper look

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    I agree, great looking understated but classy watches that are very functional. The only drawback from my point of view is the clasp, I just couldn't live with the slit and markings on the main part. This sets the watch apart, no doubt, but for me it ruins the whole piece.
    Well, I stand corrected! I went to the local AD today and tried on the blue version both on bracelet and rubber. What a watch! Cracking it was.

I didn't ask what sort of discount they would have done. I'm glad I never, it would have resulted in a purchase for sure if it was sensible.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    Well, I stand corrected! I went to the local AD today and tried on the blue version both on bracelet and rubber. What a watch! Cracking it was.

I didn't ask what sort of discount they would have done. I'm glad I never, it would have resulted in a purchase for sure if it was sensible.
    So if you had been offered a great deal on a watch you love, wouldn't that be a good thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    So if you had been offered a great deal on a watch you love, wouldn't that be a good thing ?
    Of course it would have but I had no intention of purchasing today, I did say this to the very kind lady that served me from the offset. I just wanted to try it on to see what it wore like and how I felt about the clasp once worn on the wrist.

I know that if I had entered negotiation, I would have bought it hands down.

I can only agree about the clasp. It is very functional and well made but I didn't like the look of it.
    Now I have one it doesn't bother me like I thought it might.

But I would rather it did not have the engraving as it serves no purpose and to my eye cheapens the look.
    And then of course there's the dirt trap.

Still a great watch though

Craftsman
    Whats the reserve on the gen 1

Much prefer the Pelagos to the Black Bay. I'd probably go for one with an ETA movement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    Much prefer the Pelagos to the Black Bay. I'd probably go for one with an ETA movement.
    In-house movement (a first for Tudor) gives 70 hours reserve v/ca 40 for the ETA, a no brainer in my book

Possibly interesting piece of info: Tudor are charging the same for servicing in house and ETA movements (at least that's what the nice chatty man in Victoria St Goldsmiths said)

Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    Much prefer the Pelagos to the Black Bay.
    +1

I find that the Pelagos is consistently contemporary in design. Even if there are references to snowflake, it is a modern looking watch throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    In-house movement (a first for Tudor) gives 70 hours reserve v/ca 40 for the ETA, a no brainer in my book
    You could also do as I... buy both generations

Craftsman
    Can't even afford one at the moment