closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 12" MacBook wifi issues

12" MacBook wifi issues

Anyone had problems with their wifi on the 12" MacBook? Seems to be a known problem but has anyone here got a fix that worked. There are several on the net but I'd rather hear from someone here. Basically the issue is intermittent loss of connection and / or slow page loading. The alternative is I throw the thing back to apple and find something else! 😤😤
    Last edited by dougair; 9th January 2017 at 12:58.

No issue with my 8,1 model.

Master
    No issue with my 2015 model or later 2016 model they work fine but I have them working with an apple airport device
    Last edited by shoppy; 9th January 2017 at 13:03.

Thanks. I may take it back then and see if a replacement solves the problem!

Master
    Who's your internet provider? I've heard stories of MacBooks not liking some routers such as BTs home hub. Something to do with the hub transmitting in two frequencies rather than one. There is a setting you can change on the routers settings page.

None here on a sept 2015 model... what I did do though was add a different DNS in the network setting... try 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Who's your internet provider? I've heard stories of MacBooks not liking some routers such as BTs home hub. Something to do with the hub transmitting in two frequencies rather than one. There is a setting you can change on the routers settings page.
    Virgin...with two channels. Never had this problem with our old 2010 MacBook Pro 😤

Craftsman
    Go into system preferences and change your DNS like gazza said

Did the same with my old man's mac mini that had the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by mattbeef View Post
    Go into system preferences and change your DNS like gazza said

Did the same with my old man's mac mini that had the same issue
    I'll give it a try 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Virgin...with two channels. Never had this problem with our old 2010 MacBook Pro 
    Not gloating but I have a 2016 MacBook 12" and Virgin broadband no problems.